First Female President?

Lily Adler

🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
After seeing how 2020 is going, I have to ask will we ever get a female president?

To me, it's not about if but when. Women make up a majority of the electorate, it's just some I suspect (conservative women) wouldn't vote for a democratic female. I only assume our first female president will be a Democrat because it seems pretty obvious Republicans will never vote in a woman.

Yeah. I put this firmly in the "of course" category. But maybe a safer bet is the "assuming the continued existence of our species and nation" category.

I was also in the camp that believed Clinton did not deserve the title of first female president. Nor did she earn it. Nor was it "her time." Sure, sure. She would have been better than Trump. But that's not the point I'm making.

Even if Warren has a sub-20% chance of being commander in chief, I feel she deserves it. I also feel the same of AOC. Would proudly and happily stand in line to vote either of them into office in 2028. Bring it.

That all being said, I will still vote for a man (Bernie) over a woman (Warren) if their policies are better.

I voted "yes" because I'm trying to be optimistic. If Warren gets the nomination and wins the election, then there you go. I still think it could happen. But even if she doesn't, but a Democrat still wins the election, then I could still see it happening eventually (and it needs to, damn it).

But if Trump wins again, then no. Because I'm confident that the United States won't exist if he's given another four years. F***, the world might not exist if that happens.

To me, it's not about if but when. Women make up a majority of the electorate, it's just some I suspect (conservative women) wouldn't vote for a democratic female. I only assume our first female president will be a Democrat because it seems pretty obvious Republicans will never vote in a woman.

Sure they would.

Maybe Geena Davis. Or Tea Leoni.

Maybe. How many decades until climate change causes to civilization collapse and "US President" is a moot job? Perhaps we'll manage to squeeze one in before that happens.

I just hope Trump lives to see it.

Well The Simpsons predicted Lisa becoming president after Trump, so I guess that means Warren is gonna win.

Well The Simpsons predicted Lisa becoming president after Trump, so I guess that means Warren is gonna win.
If not Warren, then AOC. At this point, Warren doesn't seem likely unless something happens to Bernie.

If not Warren, then AOC. At this point, Warren doesn't seem likely unless something happens to Bernie.

So you think maybe AOC would become VP if Bernie becomes POTUS, and then maybe something happens to Bernie while in office and it passes naturally to AOC?

So you think maybe AOC would become VP if Bernie becomes POTUS, and then maybe something happens to Bernie while in office and it passes naturally to AOC?
AOC is too young for those positions. She has to wait until 2028.

My comment had more to do if Warren doesn't get it this go around, I predict AOC will be the logical next in line.

Maybe Geena Davis. Or Tea Leoni.

I know you're joking but if these dusty old Republicans will vote for a female governor then they'll support a female president, especially if what the Democratic party is running on continues.

Cortez will no doubt be one of the candidates in 2024 and my guess is she will continue to increase in popularity until then. She's definitely the Democrats best option.

I know you're joking but if these dusty old Republicans will vote for a female governor then they'll support a female president, especially if what the Democratic party is running on continues.
Do you think Nikki Haley has a shot? I know there were rumors the RNC were looking at her for future elections.

Do you think Nikki Haley has a shot? I know there were rumors the RNC were looking at her for future elections.

I could see her running, in 2024 possibly, but no idea how well she would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"