The Dark Knight *** First Legit TDK Film Review? ***

I agree completely with what theShape and slappy are saying about this whole thing.

TheShape is right on. I can't believe so many people buy into this.

Honestly, I don't find Nicholson's version so revolutionary. Even as a kid I was underwhelmed. He didn't scare me at all, just a fat, annoying uncle with bad jokes who just happened to be a crook IMO. I can appreciate a lot from 89', Michael Keaton's performance, The Batmobile, some elements of the Batsuit, Some parts of Gotham, but Nicholson is not one of them.

Honestly, I don't find Nicholson's version so revolutionary. Even as a kid I was underwhelmed. He didn't scare me at all, just a fat, annoying uncle with bad jokes who just happened to be a crook IMO. I can appreciate a lot from 89', Michael Keaton's performance, The Batmobile, some elements of the Batsuit, Some parts of Gotham, but Nicholson is not one of them.

No, it wasn't groundbreaking, but I though Nicholson was pretty damn good. Was it the best representation of the Joker? No, but he was a pretty good contrast to Keaton's Batman and he really ended up stealing the show in that movie.

The "review" is a complete fabrication.

Somebody who was privy to the information about the body bag scene whipped a vague, nonsense review together and either fooled a "respected journalist", or the "respected journalist" was complicit in running a false story.

The notion that there was pressure on Nolan to cut anything against his will is utter nonsense.

The film hasn't been screened for any audiences, as stated in the false review, so no such reported response happened. The film is not complete. The film will not be screened until it is complete. There is no person who has sat with the "men in Armani suits" during any full work-in-progress screening that would have reviewed it or had any cause to pass a review along to a journalist. The only people who have viewed it are people who WANT to maintain the secret. The confidence behind the doors of Warners and Legendary is high enough that they don't need early rave reviews, false or otherwise.

All due respect to you, poster Phallic, but I am 100% certain that the linked review is 100% a fabrication. Take it to the bank.

EXACTLY.

It's a joke, and this thread seems to be only adding to the ridiculousnes of it all.

I'd rather look like a fool than buy into this BS, no offense.

TheShape is right on. I can't believe so many people buy into this.

I don't get why people have to be so adamant about stuff like this. You have just as much evidence to prove that the report is false as everyone else that believes it to be true. Even if it is false you don't have to be so angry and personally offended.

It was a legit journalist that leaked the information. And it doesn't really make a difference that the source is from Brazil since after all there have been several instances, like the teasers posters, that were first released by Brazilian sources.

Actually the evidence sways more towards it being credible than false. The only thing saying that it can't be true is your firm belief that the studio and filmmaker wouldn't allow anyone to see a cut of this film this far in advance and that's not true either.

I don't get why people have to be so adamant about stuff like this. You have just as much evidence to prove that the report is false as everyone else that believes it to be true. Even if it is false you don't have to be so angry and personally offended.

It was a legit journalist that leaked in the information. And it doesn't really make a difference that the source is from Brazil - since after all there have been several instances - like the teasers posters that were first released by Brazilian sources.

Actually the evidence sways more towards it being credible than false. The only thing saying that ican't be true is your firm belief that the studio and filmmaker wouldn't allow anyone to see a cut of this film this far in advance and that's not true either.

100% :up:

I agree with everything said.

Hey, just so you guys know, "slappy" is obviously Jett's source "Slappy White Dog," who to my knowledge is the only person who claims to have concrete evidence that these screenings never happened.

I wish the scene was real, cause it sounded cool.

The scene with the body bag is real, that's why there's question about whether the review is legit or not, because it had knowledge of an actual scene. Even the people who insist it is fake, like slappy, don't deny the existence of the scene itself.

I wish I could see the looks on the naysayers' faces as the body bag scene comes up on the screen.

If Ebert posted this, I doubt there would nearly as many people calling B.S. on it.

It was a legit journalist that leaked the information. And it doesn't really make a difference that the source is from Brazil since after all there have been several instances, like the teasers posters, that were first released by Brazilian sources.

Actually the evidence sways more towards it being credible than false. The only thing saying that it can't be true is your firm belief that the studio and filmmaker wouldn't allow anyone to see a cut of this film this far in advance and that's not true either.

A credible Brazilian journalist? Maybe, but she was NOT that one who saw the screening. Just like Jett and all of his ******** sources, she had a "source" who was in a "top secret" screening that took place in the cutting room or something, which is obviously false. It has nothing to do with the fact that she is Brazilian. Then, Moviehole or something just took that article and ran it....but in English.

Just answer me this: WHY would Nolan and Warner Bros. allow somebody in a screening of the unfinished film who wasn't involved in the production? It just doesn't make sense at this point, when Nolan has just recently admitted he only screened it for the studio for the first time.

This just isn't real. I'm very sorry, guys, but you should try to not be as gullible next time around.

No, it wasn't groundbreaking, but I though Nicholson was pretty damn good. Was it the best representation of the Joker? No, but he was a pretty good contrast to Keaton's Batman and he really ended up stealing the show in that movie.

I agree. As a kid, I thought Nicholson did a great job, and it scared me. I thought he was quite creepy and homicidal, but still funny. Most people who reviewed the movie thought so, and it seemed like the majority of fans loved Nicholson as the Joker. Plus, there were so many classic, classic lines from his performance. What's not to love? Even today, most of my friends that I know, still enjoy the Nicholson take on the Joker.

Seems like a lot more hate and bashing come after the first trailer showing Heath's peformance, when people felt they had to compare and defend either of the two...pointless and ridiculous...two different eras and styles, but I'm sure I'll enjoy Heath's take on the character as well. :woot:

We haven't yet seen any of the performance-making moments of Ledger's Joker; by which I mean the quiet, nuanced phases where he isn't just shouting out tag lines or delivering monologues. It will really be shaped by scenes equivalent to the time that Nicholson's Joker spent with Bob or Vale.

Of course, it will be interesting to compare how the two address the public, as well.

^^

Yes, a joker television broadcast would be great. I'd love to see how he addresses the citizens of Gotham directly and especially their reaction(s) to him.

I wish I could see the looks on the naysayers' faces as the body bag scene comes up on the screen.

If Ebert posted this, I doubt there would nearly as many people calling B.S. on it.

You people don't read or listen. No one is saying the body bag scene is fake, they're saying the review is. The fact that the scene IS real is why there's a chance the review could be legit.

You people don't read or listen. No one is saying the body bag scene is fake, they're saying the review is. The fact that the scene IS real is why there's a chance the review could be legit.

I'm confused: How exactly do we know that the body bag scene is real?

I thought all the articles talking about this scene were getting their information from the original Brazilian review, or was it confirmed absolutely by something else?

Nobody has confirmed that the body bag scene is real.

You really need to read or listen.

WTF? Why does disliking Jack's Joker mean people lack maturity or something? Not everyone like his Joker, but it don't mean they lack maturity. It their opinion & you'll have to disagree with it than saying they lack maturity. :whatever:

Wow, it took you guys long enough to find my post. :oldrazz:

I should of worded it better, but what I was referring to the people who just relentlessly bash Jack's Joker to no end and provide no reason for so.

I'm more of a constructive person myself and require reason for rhyme. It just seemed to me that once some of the members ripped on Jack's Joker, the other member did so as well just to do the "cool" thing.

^Well look at that. Even Burton himself admitted that Nolan's batman movie is better than his batman movie.:hehe:

El wrongo.

He admitted Nolan's version was more faithful, not better. Good reader, good replier.

Nobody has confirmed that the body bag scene is real.

Jett and Slappy, the latter of whom mentioned it a couple pages or so back, say the body bag scene is in the movie. Jett thinks the review is legit, Slappy insists it isn't, but they both acknowledge the scene is real. The fact that the body bag scene is real is why some people believe in the authenticity of the review, because they either really did see and review TDK or had info about at least one scene that the general public didn't. And the body bag is probably what The Joker is "wearing" in the trailer when he says "why so serious", at least that's certainly what it looks like, more than a raincoat or whatever we were speculating it was before we heard about this.

I thought Jack was greatly, mostly due to the excellent direction the character was taken in. The Joker represented as a narcissistic homicidal artist is one of my favorite versions of the character, a very good addition upon the comics.

I have something that everybody who's intersted in The Dark Knight spoilers might want to check out.

I googled the words the dark knight spoilers, and clicked on the first link, which, I believe, was from majorspoilers.com. And I scrolled down until I saw the headline, "Want Your Dark Knight Movie Spoiled?" And from there, I followed the link to another website, badtaste.it, and the guy who posted it, if he is to be believed, has the entire plot of the dark knight movie.

It involves...Well, I guess I'll just let you guys check it out if you want. It sounds like the real deal, and I know Christopher Nolan is notorious for spreading around fake scrpts from his movies, but still, it's an interesting read.

I also found this video on youtube, "The Dark Knight action figures Revealed", which shows his Lambourgini in the film is gonna be this tricked-out, missile-wielding car; kind of James-Bond-esque.

And that he's supposed to have an attack copter in the film, too. I guess like a Blackhawk or whatever the most advanced military helicopter is right now.

I also found this video on youtube, "The Dark Knight action figures Revealed", which shows his Lambourgini in the film is gonna be this tricked-out, missile-wielding car; kind of James-Bond-esque.

And that he's supposed to have an attack copter in the film, too. I guess like a Blackhawk or whatever the most advanced military helicopter is right now.

I wouldn't count on that too much. merchandise is notorious for adding things that aren't in the movie.

I have something that everybody who's intersted in The Dark Knight spoilers might want to check out.

I googled the words the dark knight spoilers, and clicked on the first link, which, I believe, was from majorspoilers.com. And I scrolled down until I saw the headline, "Want Your Dark Knight Movie Spoiled?" And from there, I followed the link to another website, badtaste.it, and the guy who posted it, if he is to be believed, has the entire plot of the dark knight movie.

It involves...Well, I guess I'll just let you guys check it out if you want. It sounds like the real deal, and I know Christopher Nolan is notorious for spreading around fake scrpts from his movies, but still, it's an interesting read.

It's interesting, but it's a topic that has been covered on here several times. This board moves at a VERY fast pace and alot of topics get covered and passed many times over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"