First look at Takara 1/6 scale Begins fig

c6aa39b3.jpg

OMG SO AMAZING!!!!!

Does the cape really become rigid :eek:

Mr. Socko said:
Does the cape really become rigid :eek:
I don't think so... it looks to me like the figure is flat on it's back with the cape laid out as such to show the 'wingspan'.

Why do they always have to get the number of point on the cape wrong? I'd I'd really have like it if just one of these figures had a normal-length cape that just reached the floor. Bale's walking-around/fighting cape wasn't *really* that big.

Still, the Hot Toys figure looks pretty cool, I just wish its headsculpt was as good as the Takara.

lujho said:
... the Hot Toys figure looks pretty cool, I just wish its headsculpt was as good as the Takara.

x2.jpg
1189_03.jpg

... the Hot Toys version appears very good, certainly better than the Medicom and the DC Direct version (but the lless said about the latter the better). There is 'something' about the Takara figure that makes it very interesting, even with the neck seem.

It's even money in my book... need to see some more detailed pic before declaring an outright winner, but it's obviously between these two.

there is definately something about the head sculpt on the takara that captures the look better than the others but the cut neck ruins whatever advantage it had. the finishing on the takara looks cheap compared with either the hot toys or the medicom. i've seen more shots of the hot toys figure over at one sixth warrior and it blows the others away imo. the armor looks better, the cape looks better, the belt puts the others to shame, the cowl fits the body the best (even if the ears are a tad bit too long for begins) and best of all it comes with the blade runner inspired grapple gun! and its the cheapest! the takara looks like a glorified mattel figure compared with the detail on the hot toys. ive heard the hot toys body isnt as flexible as takara or medicom but the proprtions are better and flexibility isnt much of an issue with that armor anyway. i think the hot toys figure wins hands down.

deathfromabove said:
there is definately something about the head sculpt on the takara that captures the look better than the others but the cut neck ruins whatever advantage it had. the finishing on the takara looks cheap compared with either the hot toys or the medicom. i've seen more shots of the hot toys figure over at one sixth warrior and it blows the others away imo. the armor looks better, the cape looks better, the belt puts the others to shame, the cowl fits the body the best (even if the ears are a tad bit too long for begins) and best of all it comes with the blade runner inspired grapple gun! and its the cheapest! the takara looks like a glorified mattel figure compared with the detail on the hot toys. ive heard the hot toys body isnt as flexible as takara or medicom but the proprtions are better and flexibility isnt much of an issue with that armor anyway. i think the hot toys figure wins hands down.

how much is the Hot Toys version?

http://www.takarahobby.com/kaihatsu/0605cg/06/001.html
http://www.takarahobby.com/kaihatsu/0605cg/07/001.html

BatScot said:
x2.jpg
1189_03.jpg

... the Hot Toys version appears very good, certainly better than the Medicom and the DC Direct version (but the lless said about the latter the better). There is 'something' about the Takara figure that makes it very interesting, even with the neck seem.

It's even money in my book... need to see some more detailed pic before declaring an outright winner, but it's obviously between these two.

The Takara just looks like Bale in the cowl to me. The Hot Toys looks like a Bale lookalike in a fan-made cowl - the cowl is "off" on the sculpt in the same way that the fan-made ones are. Not that it's poorly done, just that it's not quite right geometrically speaking.

Also, the Hot Toys still has a blank, doll-like look. The Takara one seems to have a personality - I'm not sure why, but it must be something about the eyes. It's a difference that's hard to articulate but it's there - it's subtle. The Takara head looks better than ANY other Begins headsculpt I've seen, and that includes all the statues etc.

I'm still getting both anyway.

lujho said:
The Takara one seems to have a personality - I'm not sure why, but it must be something about the eyes.
LOL... after all that talk about lenses, it's eyes on a doll that seals the deal;)

BatScot said:

gah! I can't tell which is better. Takara has the edge on the head, but I think Hot Toys has the body. Gah! I need money!

Does anyone have pictures of the Takara figure with the Bruce Wayne head?

What are the release dates of the Takara and Hot Toys figs? I wanna know how long i have to save up for one, and make my decision on which to buy.

Katsuro said:
What are the release dates of the Takara and Hot Toys figs? I wanna know how long i have to save up for one, and make my decision on which to buy.

on eBay one sellers said that Hot Toys was putting theirs out in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"