The Wolverine First Official Photo

Wanna see more crouching still...

x_men_origins_wolverine_ver2.jpg

I'm thinking he might have been a bit bigger in origins as well despite wanting to be bigger for this film.

Here's his quote actually from when darren was still attached:

He was apparently in bulk up mode when the production was delayed and i guess he had to trim back down for les miz. Still good progress though coming from a trim down.

Aronofsky also wanted the hair from the comics. It played a role in his screenplay.

I came in to check on the new picture....looks fine to me.

I have a question though....since I generally don't spend any time in this forum except when requested to check on a problem, I haven't read too many posts.....do many people spend all their time moaning about the director not on the project instead of talking about the one who is?

I have a question though....since I generally don't spend any time in this forum except when requested to check on a problem, I haven't read too many posts.....do many people spend all their time moaning about the director not on the project instead of talking about the one who is?

Not many, but still too many. ;)

I wouldn't call it "moaning" but rather showing concern for the material given that it was at its absolute finest when Aronofsky left the project.

Its as if Nolan had left TDKR after months of polishing a brilliant draft. It would lead to much concern and discussion over whether or not his replacement would still choose to deviate from said brilliant draft.

In the case of this film, Bomback and Mangold seem to have made some changes that aren't necessarily favorable.

no c lee it is just 1 person and he cant help but still complain about it guess who it is lol

no c lee it is just 1 person and he cant help but still complain about it guess who it is lol

Right, that's why I've had over a dozen posters ask me for the outline of Aronofsky's final draft.

You're absolutely, positively right. Nobody cares about Aronofsky's script at all. Nobody.

mcquarrie's script did darren rewrite the entire thing?no the mcquarrie script was praised by everyone well before darren was even attached

even script reviews of current script have been praised

we have a great director who has gotten 3 actors oscars nomintions(2 were wins)

and hasn't made a bad film

and we have a praised great script from a great writer

Last edited:
mcquarrie's script did darren rewrite the entire thing?no the mcquarrie script was praised by everyone well before darren was even attached

even script reviews of current script have been praised

we have a great director who has gotten 3 actors oscars nomintions(2 were wins)

and hasn't made a bad film

and we have a praised great script from a great writer

Aronofsky did to McQuarrie's script what Refn did to Amini's for DRIVE.

He didn't completely rework it, but changed a great deal of the first act and took it away from PG-13 ground and well into R-rated terrain.

The script wreaks of Aronofsky's
style and signature.

It would blow your mind - if you or anyone cared about it.

He didn't completely rework it, but changed a great deal of the first act and took it away from PG-13 ground and well into R-rated terrain.

style and signature.

I care...
Maybe they kept a lot of his stuff in it who knows...maybe the best parts are still in? Maybe the new guy just added some extra stuff...

That's all well and good, Alexei, but consistently griping over every detail coming out from this movie deviating from whatever Aronofsky was planning get tiresome.

It will be interesting to compare the versions, but Aronofsky is long gone from this project. We kind of have to pick up the pieces and move on.

style and signature.

I think most of us care - and most of us hold Aronofsky in high regard.

But he chose to leave. And any new director coming on board a project almost always hires their own writer. It seems pretty standard practice in Hollywood.

I like the parts you described (not sure about the ending, though I didn't have the entire context for it). Here's hoping that the best elements of the screenplay are retained. But that's all we can do.

^Agreed X-M, Darren is gone, any input he had is mute really, it aint like when Singer left and had already done 2 movies and had a lot of input into a 3rd. If Mangold chose to keep some things thats fine. Mangold is a good director in his own right, so lets see what he comes up with.

Alexei have you read mcquarrie script before darren was even attached?

a script that was already praised by darren himself and plenty others

just for sake of comparison??

Last edited:
When someone spends all their time crying about what might have been.....they give what is no chance.

Pic is stylish. But looking forward to seeing more stuff and hoping it's all better than this.

I kind of agree. It's a bit of a boring first pic. There should have been more of a tease, Wolverine dressed in Samurai clothes or with blood on his claws or something.

He's just sort of there in this pic like "look at my muscles squish squish squish"

Honestly, I can't believe some people are complaining about Wolvie's look. Jackman works his ash off and always gives it his best and is in PHENOMINAL shape and people still say: "he should be bigger" "he's too lean" "he's too tall".

Ever since I first saw him in X1, when he first showed up, all I thought was "This is great. That's Wolverine." The man looks almost exactly like his comic counterpart

In fairness, the picture didn't show anything NEW. We know about the claws (and we know they were added in post) and we know he works out like mad for the role. So it wasn't revelatory. My own thoughts were that it looked very like a martial arts movie poster, reminding me of Bruce Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"