"Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
Well,It only seemed proper that I be the one to kick off this thread.:woot: Discuss everyone's favorite Hot Head,Johnny Storm.

should be younger, blonder, and less captain americy than the last Human Torch.

I hope no pilot this time.He should be with the others at begining because he' sue's brother and this time he needs to look like Sue's brother.

I hope no pilot this time.He should be with the others at begining because he' sue's brother and this time he needs to look like Sue's brother.

Chris Evans was the perfect Johnny Storm in looks and personality. It was Jessica Alba who looked out of place and completely miscast as Sue. They should have chosen an actress who suited the role and could act instead of the flavor of the month.

When they cast Johnny for the reboot, they should look for someone who can project the same energy and charm that Evans brought to the role. Personally, I liked that they made him a pilot because that made his inclusion in the flight crew logical. Fifty years ago comics fans could accept the idea that a scientist would take his untrained girlfriend and her teenage brother into space, but today that just wouldn't fly.

i like Liam Hemsworth for Johnny Storm
mileycyrusshopsinnyclia.jpg

I personally think the actor shouldnt be older than 25 when they start filming. And he should definitely not look older than 25. First guy that comes to mind is Hunter Parrish from Weeds.
tumblr_menhimfm4J1ri14b0o1_250.jpg

I like Johnny Storm casting threads. All the suggested actors are always so good looking.

lol. Johnny Storm threads: where even the straightest of men can appreciate the male form.

I personally think the actor shouldnt be older than 25 when they start filming. And he should definitely not look older than 25. First guy that comes to mind is Hunter Parrish from Weeds.

Great choice. I second that. :yay: :up:

Not sure about his acting though.

Chris Evans was the perfect Johnny Storm in looks and personality. It was Jessica Alba who looked out of place and completely miscast as Sue. They should have chosen an actress who suited the role and could act instead of the flavor of the month.

When they cast Johnny for the reboot, they should look for someone who can project the same energy and charm that Evans brought to the role. Personally, I liked that they made him a pilot because that made his inclusion in the flight crew logical. Fifty years ago comics fans could accept the idea that a scientist would take his untrained girlfriend and her teenage brother into space, but today that just wouldn't fly.

I agree - Alba was the problem, not Evans, they should have cast her as Crystal instead...

While I thought the Torch looked fine in the other two movies, I would not mind seeing him look a little more like he did in the Kirby comics...

This. Johnny ( and Sue ) needs to be a competent individual going in, not a useless kid sidekick. If the writer can't come up with a better reason for him to be present than "Reed is trying to get in his not-quite-jailbait sis' pants", then they fail out of the starting gate.

I thought he did have some scientist qualities and mentions now and then in the films...they could make him an intern like Darcy.

I second the Weeds guy...I'm still holding out ridiculous hope for Liam Hemsworth as Balder.

for me Sue and Johnny need to be cast as a pair...
(who I'd want for either role depends on how well they can pass as siblings, with the other)
an I gotta say hearing McAdams name thrown around the Sue casting thread I wasn't 100 % sold, but, her paired up with this guy... I would totally believe those two as brother/sister (and she is like 9 years older, so he would actually seem like the younger brother)

more fire stunts are needed- lots of different shapes, sizes, etc.

more fire stunts are needed- lots of different shapes, sizes, etc.

If you are talking about cocky stuff that Johnny loves to do? They did in the first movie, the editing team decided to cut it. :dry:

I really liked Chris Evans in the role of Human Torch and he was super hot in the movies.

I hope they can find a good actor as Chris Evans or even better for the role. I hope they make Human Torch blonde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"