Flight Attendant kicks rowdy children off of plane, all 101 of them

Yup that must be it. Oh wait, no. I don't even talk on plane. I put on my iPod (when I'm allowed to) and fall asleep. Every single flight attendant I've encountered have attitudes, are *****y and just plain rude.
When I was flying home last fall, there was a hot stewardess on the plane. She wanted me.

Well, she served me a bag of pretzels and a ginger ale. Clearly, she was into me.

Those are some stupid kids. That **** can interfere with radio frequencies.

That's not necessarily true. I was flying a plane over Memorial Day weekend and my brother decided to text me a crapton of times and the radio didn't so much as crackle. I suspect the real reason they want you to turn off your electronics is so people pay attention to the flight crew's instructions.

That's not necessarily true. I was flying a plane over Memorial Day weekend and my brother decided to text me a crapton of times and the radio didn't so much as crackle. I suspect the real reason they want you to turn off your electronics is so people pay attention to the flight crew's instructions.
There's actually a certain point where you can and cannot use it because of the air waves. Regardless of what your brother did or didn't do. It CAN disrupt the signal.

My mom deals with Orthodox Jewish teens a lot as she is the manager of a bowling alley and their schools/camps go quite often. They are usually quite unruly, and have no people skills/common sense, nor do their chaperones do much to control them. I've worked there also while these groups have been there. Sure they're nice people, but they lack certain social skills that makes them quite annoying to deal with.

I support the airline 100%. Also, I am Jewish in case it matters.

There's actually a certain point where you can and cannot use it because of the air waves. Regardless of what your brother did or didn't do. It CAN disrupt the signal.
Not really. The cockpit and all the essential electronics are shielded against interference. It's been shown repeatedly to not be a problem. Especially when you see the people who are operating the plane do it *while* it's supposedly a danger.

That said, I do think the ban should be kept in place if only for the fact we need to avoid that **** more often in closely confined public spaces. I wish it was possible to enforce this in other areas where it's disruptive like theaters or public transportation, within earshot of anyone who does not give a **** about whatever crazy story you're hearing/telling over the phone about that neighbor/coworker/nutjob relative of yours was up to.

No one wants to listen to another person shout at their phone or have to deal with someone more concerned with their conversation than paying attention to what's going on around them.

Hasn't the FCC been trying for years to get the FAA to let go of those rules?

That they have. For the sake and sanity of passengers, I hope they don't. Imagine a crying baby onboard an airplane. Now imagine there are two dozen who can speak and that can't shut up for five minutes to give anyone else peace and quiet.

It only gets worse from there.

Not really. The cockpit and all the essential electronics are shielded against interference. It's been shown repeatedly to not be a problem. Especially when you see the people who are operating the plane do it *while* it's supposedly a danger.

That said, I do think the ban should be kept in place if only for the fact we need to avoid that **** more often in closely confined public spaces. I wish it was possible to enforce this in other areas where it's disruptive like theaters or public transportation, within earshot of anyone who does not give a **** about whatever crazy story you're hearing/telling over the phone about that neighbor/coworker/nutjob relative of yours was up to.

No one wants to listen to another person shout at their phone or have to deal with someone more concerned with their conversation than paying attention to what's going on around them.

actually I talked to my sister who is a flight attendant and she says it does disrupt communications but it's something they can't duplicate to find out why....sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt so they err on the side of caution.

"I've had it with this mothercursing kids on this mothercursing plane"

-Unofficial statement of the flight attendant.

My mom deals with Orthodox Jewish teens a lot as she is the manager of a bowling alley and their schools/camps go quite often. They are usually quite unruly, and have no people skills/common sense, nor do their chaperones do much to control them. I've worked there also while these groups have been there. Sure they're nice people, but they lack certain social skills that makes them quite annoying to deal with.

I support the airline 100%. Also, I am Jewish in case it matters.

Is it a case of being sheltered and privileged all at once?

Does driving through it really quickly with the windows rolled-up count? :o

Have to go by that city all of the time when checking on my properties in northern GA. I really have never had a problem. Love going to the IKEA there too!

Last edited:
It bothers me even moreso in live theatre.

Nothing as bad as being on stage and seeing audience members texting on their phones.

Sad thing is, I'm getting sick of the phones period. I used to have friends I would have good conversations with. Now, they are there, but they are doing crap on their phone and act like I am not even there. They'll aknowledge I am there when I pull out my phone and text them, but it's so stupid. I am right there, why is it so hard to put the phone away and talk to me face to face? I went through this same crap at a family reunion earlier this year, everybody was on their freaking phones, texting or blogging or whatnot. What the hell?

And don't get me started on the idiots that are driving cars, I am dodging at least 15 cars a day with an ******* on the phone behind the wheel.

Well, she served me a bag of pretzels and a ginger ale. Clearly, she was into me.

That was it? Wow, my last flight, I got a steak and baked potatoe, and I asked if I could have an extra blanket and a couple of more pillows and she got them for me, and then she seen I was trying to use the pillow to cover my head (I was on a 23 hour flight from LA to Syndey) and she came by and gave me sleeping mask. I have never had a problem with none of the aircrew I fly with, and I fly and average, about 6 times a year. But, I also use the same airline, Delta/Continental, so maybe they have great standards in their crew.

Yep, it can. Just like the bermuda triangle has been known to do weird things to an Airplane's and naval instruments. It has something to do with the navigational instruments I believe. In the air, it helps keep the plane from running into another plane.

Is it a case of being sheltered and privileged all at once?

I think it stems more so from being in such a tight knit community that they just don't pay much attention to anything outside of what they're accustomed to.

As an aside, I wasn't really surprised back when that little Jewish boy was kidnapped and killed in Brooklyn. I live in a rather Jewish neighborhood (more so Hasidic), and the kids usually never have any supervision. I've seen 5 year olds walking home by themselves or out and about. When they wait for their school buses in the morning there is only 1 adult watching a group of children. After that incident occurred I saw more parents waiting with them in the morning, but after a couple of months things went back to normal. Sad really.

That neighborhood is such a tight-knit community that it's pretty much assumed that others will keep an eye out for the kids. It's supposed to be one of the safest in the world, but part of me wonders if the same would be true to an outsider that manages to move in.

A bit of a tangent, but.... what kind of school takes its kids from New York TO Atlanta? Senior trips are supposed to take you to cooler places, not suckier places. Why Atlanta? What the hell is to do there, besides get mugged and drink sweet tea? (Sorry to any native Atlantans. Kinda.)

WOAH! Not cool and NOT true.

No that part is true. And fantastic! :woot:

Atlanta USA nice place to go...for several years it was the site of black spring beak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"