Florence Pugh IS Yelena Belova

I don’t know anything about her as an actress but what a cute name!

Widow: “oh no we’ve only got ten minutes to stop a bomb goes off, what should we do?”
Unknown character: *eyes bulge, makes weird snorting sounds*

She's a great actress. Great turns in Fighting With My Family, The Little Drummer Girl, and Lady Macbeth.

Could she be playing Iron Maiden?

And if she's cast in place of Emma Watson, what if she's Kestrel or Yelena?

I could see her as Finesse if this were not a prequel (how, I don't know), setting her up as a sort of legacy character for Young Avengers (D+ series maybe?), alongside Stature and Hawkeye.
Maybe WandaVision could introduce Wiccan and Speed.
I know I'm pipedreaming, but man if this came to pass!

I enjoyed watching Florence in Wrestling With My Family, in which she played the WWE's Paige.

I wouldn't mind Yelena being a one and done kind of character. On the other hand, given what's done with her in the comics later regarding our green shape shifting friends...

Unless Pugh gets a ton of meaty screentime in this, I really don't see audiences being particularly interested in Yelena Bolova-led Black Widow sequels.

So much of Widow's popularity is tied to Scarlett Johansson's star power and portrayal of Natasha Romanoff. I don't think it's comparable to Sam Wilson (an established character) getting the shield. Even the new Captain America isn't a sure hit.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a series about Monica Chang one day

Unless Pugh gets a ton of meaty screentime in this, I really don't see audiences being particularly interested in Yelena Bolova-led Black Widow sequels.

So much of Widow's popularity is tied to Scarlett Johansson's star power and portrayal of Natasha Romanoff. I don't think it's comparable to Sam Wilson (an established character) getting the shield. Even the new Captain America isn't a sure hit.

Once more... She doesn't have to be established for the sake of ongoing movies based around the BW.

Florence Pugh currently has a new movie out callled Midsommar. It just opened.

So I given that they said she’s a sister like figure to Natasha I’m guessing this is also an answer to the question asked in Endgame of “does she have any family”. I see this character definitely coming into play again after this.

yeah well, if the last set of films were "The Infinity Saga", then this seems to be "The Legacy Saga"

and Yelena will be Legacy-Widow

I really like Florence. She'll do great as Yelena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"