Eternals Flying too close to the sun - The Ikaris (Richard Madden) Thread

What if Tom Felton were to put on some mass?

220px-Tom_Felton_02_%2820673956413%29.jpg

He looks like a heroin addict these days.

He looks like a heroin addict these days.
Thus mentioning that he would have to put on some mass. He is certainly a more than capable actor with a surprising amount of experirnce with genre material at this point from Potter, Planet Of The Apes and the CW Flash.

But I get it. He is pretty wirery.

Thus mentioning that he would have to put on some mass. He is certainly a more than capable actor with a surprising amount of experirnce with genre material at this point from Potter, Planet Of The Apes and the CW Flash.

But I get it. He is pretty wirery.

Eh, I wasn't really referring to his size. I was watching that show Origin and the dude looks like he aged 20 years since Harry Potter ended. Maybe they just made him up to look awful, I don't know. But he looked the way Jessie Pinkman would look in a decade or two if he never stopped using meth.

Maybe if Angelina is Sersi we’re all thinking too young? Maybe marvel will cast a more mature actor for Ikaris, someone who has lived

I would love to see Chris Pine play Ikaris. He's just five years younger than Jolie and well-suited to playing an ageless perfect specimen of humanity.

The fact that Pine would complete Marvel's collection of Chrises is an added bonus. ;)

Maybe if Angelina is Sersi we’re all thinking too young? Maybe marvel will cast a more mature actor for Ikaris, someone who has lived

I would love to see Chris Pine play Ikaris. He's just five years younger than Jolie and well-suited to playing an ageless perfect specimen of humanity.

The fact that Pine would complete Marvel's collection of Chrises is an added bonus. ;)

I want Skarsgard - he's just a year younger than Jolie

You know who might be some interesting names alongside Jolie?

Ethan Hawke

Or Ryan Philippe

But I think marvel wants to broaden the casting a bit

I agree with this. He has the MCU look and his acting in Outlander is good. He has a boyish aura (not sure how to describe it lol) which I think would fit with Eternals concept.

Yeah, I'd love to see him in this or as Adam Warlock in Guardians 3.

I have wanted Skarsgaard as Adam Warlock in Guardians, but he would suit Ikaris well imo

I am currently reading what I can about The Erernals characters and have ordered the trade by Gaiman. The Kirby original was rather pricey on amazon.

I like the choice and i think he'll do great in this role since i enjoyed him in GoT.

Can a mod change this to the Richard Madden thread?

Eh "in talks" usually means "joins the cast" and Variety reported it, so I'm inclined to believe it

No I’m sure he’s joining the cast but we don’t officially know who he’s playing yet - though I’d be shocked if it weren’t Ikaris.

Let’s compromise and add a question mark. We can make it more final if we get more info. Same really with who Jolie is playing.

Richard Madden is hot!!! love him in Cinderella. He looks like the lost brother of Sebastian Stan.

Oh that’s right, I forgot he was in that. That movie is surprisingly sexy in unexpected ways

Loved him on GOT. I just hope he gets to use his natural accent.

I hope Madden either uses his own Scottish accent or uses one of the English ones he does.

Madden will probably end up doing a English accent though. A lot of people outside of Scotland struggle with Scottish accents. Madden's accent isn't strong enough that it makes him hard to understand but you still had people who watched the Bodyguard in North America confused by accent. There was a whole thing about Madden saying ma'am and people thinking he was saying mom.

Marvel/Disney probably isn't going to spend hundreds of million on a movie with a lead that English speaking audiences can't understand clearly. Far easier for them to just say do the RP accent from Cinderella.

There is the whole Hollywood immortal/ancient world trope of those type of characters talking in a RP accent as well.

I thought Madden's American accent in the movie Bastille Day wasn't great and he is one of those British actors who's line delivery is a bit flat in an American accent. Some actors are so busy concentrating on getting the accent right that their overall performance ends up suffering for it because they are preoccupied with the accent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"