Football (Soccer)

I struggle to believe it mostly because when was the last time Juventus paid that sort of money for any player? I bet those 40m are 2m up front and 38m over 38 years or something like that.

I struggle to believe it mostly because when was the last time Juventus paid that sort of money for any player? I bet those 40m are 2m up front and 38m over 38 years or something like that.

I often think of Juventus as a club that keeps their transfer details relatively quiet. Probably garner a reputation that they don't have an endless pit of money to dip into & thus teams are less likely to squeeze them for fees.

They've paid that sort of range for a few players, Danelo & Chiesa are 2 I can think off from memory within the last 3 or 4 years.

It's probably some oddball loan deal with a requirement to buy if true. Either way, if we can get anything for him, it will be good for all parties involved.

I am in awe at Bellingham's meteoric (and well-deserved) rise to superstardom

Euros close to kick off with Germany vs Scotland!

Oh damn, and now a penalty! Nope, downgraded to freekick outside the box.

This time there is a penalty for an aggressive challenge that takes Gundogan out (hopefully he's ok) and a red card. What a terrible start for Scotland.

Havertz takes the penalty and scores, 3-0 Germany.

Awful, awful Scotland.
They couldn't have had much worse of a first half! Amazing for Germany at least, always good when the home team of the tournament does well. Wirtz, Gundogan and Musiala are a pretty great 3. Damage limitation in the second half and I guess Germany might rest some players too.

Fullkrug’s shots are just too powerful. It gets worse for Scotland, 4-0!

And one last 92min nail in that coffin to make it 5-1. That was painful.
Brisk wake up call to every team in the tournament.
Germany is coming for you.

Last edited:
Fullkrug had the ball in the net again but offside, then Scotland got one back with a deflected goal Germany couldn't do much about (Scotland will definitely take it!) but then Germany still came back again for 5-1 with Can scoring. Ruthless demolition job by Germany. I wouldn't want to face them on this form. They completely controlled the game.

LOL @Scotland

Perfect start for Germany and they looked decent but were helped a great deal by a Scottish side that really didnt help themselves gifting Germany chances and goals that were soft at times. The keeper really should have saved the first one and flying in two footed in challenges really not helping themselves.

Hard to judge too much though from this game as playing against 10 for most of the game always makes it easier but Germany won the game in the first 45.

At least for Scotland they still have plenty of time to get back into the competition in games not nearly as tough and with 3rd place potentially making it through they might only need to win one game to make it.

Good for the competition though as you want the hosts to do well for the atmosphere and a 5-1 win opening night is perfect to build momentum and confidence. In Wirtz and Musiala they have two players that can hurt any of the sides in the competition. Goes to show this is going to be tough competition to win for anyone, Germany certainly look better than they have for a few past tourne's with these fresh younger players coming through now.

By the way its great to have international tourne football back, nothing else like it and it was great atmosphere for the first game with plenty of goals, hosts winning its the perfect start for the whole thing. Cant wait for the first day of wall to wall games to start.

LOL @Scotland

Perfect start for Germany and they looked decent but were helped a great deal by a Scottish side that really didnt help themselves gifting Germany chances and goals that were soft at times. The keeper really should have saved the first one and flying in two footed in challenges really not helping themselves.

Hard to judge too much though from this game as playing against 10 for most of the game always makes it easier but Germany won the game in the first 45.

At least for Scotland they still have plenty of time to get back into the competition in games not nearly as tough and with 3rd place potentially making it through they might only need to win one game to make it.

Good for the competition though as you want the hosts to do well for the atmosphere and a 5-1 win opening night is perfect to build momentum and confidence. In Wirtz and Musiala they have two players that can hurt any of the sides in the competition. Goes to show this is going to be tough competition to win for anyone, Germany certainly look better than they have for a few past tourne's with these fresh younger players coming through now.
Losing isn't the end of the world, especially against the main big team in the group. The one thing you don't want to do is get hammered though as that affects the likelihood of third place being enough and also affects the standings if you end up level on points with the others and they only get beaten 2/3-0 by Germany. Scotland still have it very much in their hands but can't play like today as they won't beat anyone like that. Absolutely zero control of the match. Maybe Billy Gilmour should be tried next time in CM as he helped them compete against England last time.

Losing isn't the end of the world, especially against the main big team in the group. The one thing you don't want to do is get hammered though as that affects the likelihood of third place being enough and also affects the standings if you end up level on points with the others and they only get beaten 2/3-0 by Germany. Scotland still have it very much in their hands but can't play like today as they won't beat anyone like that. Absolutely zero control of the match. Maybe Billy Gilmour should be tried next time in CM as he helped them compete against England last time.
The commentators said last night goal difference is not as important as the head to head stat with the team you are level with so for Scotland last nights drubbing isnt quite so bad as they will more likely be fighting with Swiss/Hungary for 2nd and 3rd spot so it be like a knock out game almost when they play them potentially depending on how things pan out. Its probably going to be very complicated for qualifying or trying to work it out for the 3rd place teams with 5 of them going through.

Going to be tough for the Scots but it was always going to be, Germany in their own backyard opening night was likely to end in defeat anyway it was always about the games against Swiss and Hungary. Tough games themselves for Scotland but at this stage they have to accept they arent one of the big boys so have to scrap for everything. Be interesting to see what Hungary v Swiss offer today to see what hope Scotland have against them. Hungary are a side a lot are saying are dark horses, we shall see.

By the way its great to have international tourne football back, nothing else like it and it was great atmosphere for the first game with plenty of goals, hosts winning its the perfect start for the whole thing. Cant wait for the first day of wall to wall games to start.
Amazing to have it back. I wish all this was a few months later where I might be fully free to watch every minute of it, especially as I also have the cricket T20 World Cup on at the same time. :D. Still great to have this finally started after I've been looking forward to it for so long. Germany look decent and I was into it as I made my recent FIFA team of all Germany players. :beaming:

Sad day, an unsung hero of the early Prem era, him and Ian Wright together were a great duo to watch for Arsenal in the Highbury days.
I didn't watch the sport when he was a player (I was too young), but it's sad he had to die so young. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"