Football (Soccer)

Talk about scoring the hard way.

How was that not a red card?
What was the original offence that led to the penalty? Niece wanted to play a fishing game so I missed it. :funny:

I’m with nieces so a bit distracted. What happened? Ruled out for encroachment but not retaken?
Yeah it was Croatia who got the advantage from the encroachment as it was the guy that crossed it in for them to score the rebound who encroached therefore not retaken.

Yeah it was Croatia who got the advantage from the encroachment as it was the guy that crossed it in for them to score the rebound who encroached therefore not retaken.
Oh right thanks, would have been good if that had gone in to liven up the match.

Oh right thanks, would have been good if that had gone in to liven up the match.
Yeah Spain have coasted this half, Croatia have not really laid a glove on them. The Pen was only because Spains keeper had a brain fart.

Big sides turning up already it seems which is good as we dont want all the big boys going out early, will make for better match ups down the line. Croatia looked a bit lacking in imagination and as though their best players are getting on a bit now, Spain first half looked young and hungry and got about them which Croatia had not answer to.

Lets see what the Italians can produce against Albania, hopefully my man Chiesa is in the side tonight.

Albania scored after 23 seconds (fastest Euros goal in history) and Bastoni just got a headed equaliser for Italy.

Barella now puts Italy in the lead, 2-1.

LOL he stopped that last gol with a rib. Albania never gave up.

Big dogs all came out hungry. Germany, Spain, Italy (minus that toss towards own gol) Great start to the tournament.

Last edited:
2-1 final score Italy Albania.

16 goals from 4 games, can’t complain. Hopefully the tournament continues in this vein, fun start.

Mad start to the Italy v Albania game and it seemed like it might turn into a tough night for Italy but they fought back quickly and were mostly in control except for the odd scare in the last ten minutes. Albania were plucky but they are in the toughest group so its hard to seeing them getting much anyway, but their fans were excellent and that first 23seconds will live long in the memory for them, a Euro highlight and quiz question for a few years probably.

Italy look decent, not as dynamic as 3 years ago and without some of the big names and characters at the back then but they zip the ball round nicely at pace and seemed like they could have gone up a gear or two had Albania really got back in the game. Dont see them winning it this time but will pose most sides a decent threat, front line not quite as deadly as Euro 2020 however.

Lots of goals on the first day which is pleasing and looks like the big boys are out to play which bodes well down the line. No major shocks yet though, wonder what the first one might be..........

2-1 final score Italy Albania.

16 goals from 4 games, can’t complain. Hopefully the tournament continues in this vein, fun start.
Yes, it has been a good start of the tournament but we haven't seen any upset yet but I am sure there will be a few in the next few days.

Yes, it has been a good start of the tournament but we haven't seen any upset yet but I am sure there will be a few in the next few days.
Good point. Every tournament could do with an early upset to keep things from getting too predictable. I thought Albania might have a chance against Italy.

Missed today's games but was able to watch a bit of Germany v Scotland before leaving. No words for Kroos, always will be in a league of his own. Germany have a promising future with Wirtz and Musiala, big talents. Look forward to the next run of games and Copa America. 🔜

You see this and then remember Don Toni Kroos is retiring

That kit is pure fire as well. Germany always seem to pull out a great shirt given that is mostly white. Wish England could come up with something iconic again.

Slovenia v Denmark
Poland v Holland
Serbia v England

Another 3 teams today who will all think they have a chance of possibly winning the whole thing and will want to lay down a good start like all the other big sides so far. Nobody will want to be the first to give themselves a bad start although with the group structures there is more leeway for sides that lose the first game these days.

Poland vs Netherlands up now. Could be an interesting one. I’m not sure exactly where the Dutch are at these days and Poland aren’t usually a pushover.

That kit is pure fire as well. Germany always seem to pull out a great shirt given that is mostly white. Wish England could come up with something iconic again.

Slovenia v Denmark
Poland v Holland
Serbia v England

Another 3 teams today who will all think they have a chance of possibly winning the whole thing and will want to lay down a good start like all the other big sides so far. Nobody will want to be the first to give themselves a bad start although with the group structures there is more leeway for sides that lose the first game these days.
Are you including Denmark in the teams who could win overall? I hope not as otherwise our group is much worse than I thought and we could end up on the wrong side of the draw.

Oh Poland just took the lead from a header from a corner! Could be the first chance of an upset as Poland can probably hold onto a lead better than the likes of Albania.

Gakpo equalises with a deflected goal. Every game so far at this Euros seems to have goals early on.

Weghorst gets the winner for Netherlands, 2-1 final score! Still going with the favourites to date.

Another first half goal by the favoured team with Denmark taking the lead against Slovenia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"