Football (Soccer)

Slovenia get an equaliser. 1-1 final score. Is that good for England?

Team news for England in and looks like Trent is starting! Otherwise everything as expected.

Saka crosses it for Bellingham to head in, 1-0!!!

1-0 final score but Serbia were much more threatening for the rest of the match from about 35 minutes onwards.

So classic England, start on fire, early goal, its coming home then all goes a bit wonky and nervy and it looks like we have never played together. Still at this stage performances dont mean a great deal and the win and the other game being a draw puts us in a very strong position for the group and really only need another point to qualify so the job is mostly done as I dont think Denmark or Slovenia were up to much.

However we do have lots to improve on especially at the back and maintaining possession at times was a real struggle in the second half, for all our great players going forward we didnt really create too much in the way of openings. Kane barely had a sniff all night and Saka did well in the first half but got shut down second, Foden I dont think contributed much at all. Bellingham was easily our best player but even he second half struggled to get into the game.

We just need to be able to play well for longer periods like we did that first 30/35 minutes but that backline does give me kittens every time the ball is in our area, doesnt feel like we have any commanding presence back there when we will be up against it against a really decent side. Perhaps though this result will keep expectations in check and force us to improve instead of these sides that look great and bang in loads in the early games just to come unstuck in the knockout stage when it really matters.

So classic England, start on fire, early goal, its coming home then all goes a bit wonky and nervy and it looks like we have never played together. Still at this stage performances dont mean a great deal and the win and the other game being a draw puts us in a very strong position for the group and really only need another point to qualify so the job is mostly done as I dont think Denmark or Slovenia were up to much.

However we do have lots to improve on especially at the back and maintaining possession at times was a real struggle in the second half, for all our great players going forward we didnt really create too much in the way of openings. Kane barely had a sniff all night and Saka did well in the first half but got shut down second, Foden I dont think contributed much at all. Bellingham was easily our best player but even he second half struggled to get into the game.

We just need to be able to play well for longer periods like we did that first 30/35 minutes but that backline does give me kittens every time the ball is in our area, doesnt feel like we have any commanding presence back there when we will be up against it against a really decent side. Perhaps though this result will keep expectations in check and force us to improve instead of these sides that look great and bang in loads in the early games just to come unstuck in the knockout stage when it really matters.
I think the left side needs to be sorted out. Trippier with his right foot just passes back when he gets the ball in a forward position and Foden is out of position and not wanting to stay out wide. We really need Luke Shaw and someone like Gordon for pace and overlaps on the left to go with the threat and solidity on the right from Saka and Walker. Bellingham is a class above. We need to find a way to bring Kane into the game and maybe sorting out the width on the left can help with that. The defence will always be a weak point but Gueshi was much better than I expected.

Romania Ukraine up - looking forward to seeing what Mudryk can do at an international tournament. Game seems upbeat so far,.

Terrible clearance by the Ukraine goalkeeper giving it straight to a Romanian player, but an awesome strike to convert it into a goal.

I was doing ok on my official predictions but I had Ukraine down to win today, Romania just took a 2-0 lead. Another good strike, although this time the keeper should have got to it.

3-0!!! Romania are looking confident everytime they surge towards the goal.

Jarrad Branthwaite: Everton value centre-back at more than £70m amid Manchester United interest

Already time to walk away, the upside & overall potential is clear, but £70m+ for a player coming off a single good season? Crazy asking price IMO, I know there's usually a tax selling between English clubs & then another tax when it's Manchester United, but that's a ridiculous ask IMO.
What do you think he's worth? One of the best English CB prospects and young but maybe Guehi could also be an option if cheaper.

Kylian Mbappe admits he 'doesn't want to represent France' if they vote for far-right parties as France star urges young people to turn out in upcoming elections​

Lukaku went really close for Belgium but Slovakia capitalise on carelessness to go 1-0 up! I was hoping we would see Belgium finally flourish at a tournament before KDB & Lukaku are gone but they have work to do here at least.

Wow Romania, played better than England for god sake, lively and spirited throughout scoring some great goals along the way. Other teams seem a bit reluctant to shoot from range but not Romania and got their rewards for it, the first one was one of the goals of the tournament so far and we have had a few now.

Belgium with some work to do here and not looking great, could it be the first shock.....

Lukaku equalises! - Ruled out by VAR - Still 1-0 to Slovakia with 23 mins left.

How have Belgium not scored this game, oh yeah Lukaku. :funny: :funny:
They've looked very dangerous despite still being behind to one of the smaller teams. At least they give it a proper go when behind!

What do you think he's worth? One of the best English CB prospects and young but maybe Guehi could also be an option if cheaper.

Something in the £45m - £55m region would be far more acceptable & 'fair' in today's market IMO, say closer to £55m since life isn't fair, that would include the English/Manchester United tax.

The only way I'd entertain £70m would be if £25m of it was based on individual & team success add ons. To pay that much without any sort of clauses would be a huge gamble & given we can't shift some of our other previous gambles that haven't worked out, I'd be wary of doing it again.

I'd try to package up Maguire & ship him the opposite way.

There's your boy @BlackFox! :funny: Belgium/Lukaku had to score after so many chances.

Edit: oh no ruled out for handball! :D Still 1-0 Slovakia.

Belgium with another goal ruled out! Very unlucky for Lukaku this time. Slovakia living a charmed life at the moment.

Something in the £45m - £55m region would be far more acceptable & 'fair' in today's market IMO, say closer to £55m since life isn't fair, that would include the English/Manchester United tax.

The only way I'd entertain £70m would be if £25m of it was based on individual & team success add ons. To pay that much without any sort of clauses would be a huge gamble & given we can't shift some of our other previous gambles that haven't worked out, I'd be wary of doing it again.

I'd try to package up Maguire & ship him the opposite way.
That level as a base with performance-based add-ons taking it to £70m sounds fair, although the actual price will come down to demand and supply (assuming INEOS has put a stop to Utd being total mugs with no idea of value and absolutely terrible at bargaining). Not a whole lot of young, English (if that's important) CBs with this kind of potential so I'd imagine if you could get him for the lower price, a whole load of other clubs would also get interested and put in bids.

Reactions: B
Belgium with another goal ruled out! Very unlucky for Lukaku this time. Slovakia living a charmed life at the moment.
Apparently this would be the biggest shock (in I don't remember how long they said) given the difference in rankings between the 2.

Belgium have had so many great chances and in many cases it's not like they took them terribly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"