Football (Soccer)

Hungary score with the last kick of the game 1-0 Madness at the end, Scotland have been terrible, what on earth where they're tactics here.
Wow, what an end to both games, particularly this one with the higher stakes.

Finished 1-0 to Hungary. They finish third but 3 points will likely not be enough to see them through they have to wait and see now.

Scotlands tactics were odd indeed, needed the win but never had a shot on goal until the last 20 minutes, had plenty of the ball but were far too negative and were too afraid of losing to go and get a couple of goals first half to give them something to protect. Hungary were much the same but once the game did open up they had a more quality in the final third. Massive wasted opportunity after that Switzerland game when they did a lot of hard work for Scotland and they go home at the group stage again.

Wow, what an end to both games, particularly this one with the higher stakes.
Yeah, even though they werent great games the endings were what the knockout stages are all about and the tension is created through that anyway. Also glad two negative teams will likely be out, Scotland had zero shots on target until the last 10 minutes of injury time, the amount of long range goals we've had this competition you would have though someone might have a pop early doors at least, baffling tactics to be honest.

Copa:
USA 2-0 Bolivia,
Start bodes well for US, on the other-hand apparently Bolivia has never won an away game playing outside their unique home altitude, which tends to wipe everyone else out.
Though with the reverse effect here, they had nothing, so not a great game to judge US skills yet.

Uruguay 3 -1 Panama,
Uruguay the clear dominant team with some help from Núñez :yay:,

Last edited:
In Men's Soccer USA didn't demolish Bolivia so it isn't surprising if overreaction is to be worried about USA.

Group B tonight to be decided, everyone still in with a shout so hopefully we get some interest and perhaps at least dramatic ends to the games. Just hope some show a bit more ambition than Scotland and Hungary last night.

Group B tonight to be decided, everyone still in with a shout so hopefully we get some interest and perhaps at least dramatic ends to the games. Just hope some show a bit more ambition than Scotland and Hungary last night.
Italy still need a result so the Croatia game should be interesting. Hopefully another dramatic one and still alive near the end.

Spain 1-0 Albania - Torres with a lovely Spanish goal. Probably doenst change a lot in the group as Spain were always topping the group and Albania unlikely to make it.

Spain 1-0 Albania - Torres with a lovely Spanish goal. Probably doenst change a lot in the group as Spain were always topping the group and Albania unlikely to make it.
If they win would they be the only team with a 100% record? Impressive if so, especially in a group that isn’t one of the easiest.

Italy 0-0 Croatia HT a bit tight and nervy again, some decent build up play but chances are few and far between at the moment. 2 points unlikely to be enough for Croatia but last 20 mins could end up like last night where things open up when someone has to go for it more.

Italy 0-0 Croatia HT a bit tight and nervy again, some decent build up play but chances are few and far between at the moment. 2 points unlikely to be enough for Croatia but last 20 mins could end up like last night where things open up when someone has to go for it more.
If it stays level hopefully we can rely on Croatia being more streetwise and capable than Scotland of really going for it before too late.

Copa:
USA 2-0 Bolivia,
Start bodes well for US, on the other-hand apparently Bolivia has never won an away game playing outside their unique home altitude, which tends to wipe everyone else out.
Though with the reverse effect here, they had nothing, so not a great game to judge US skills yet.

Uruguay 3 -1 Panama,
Uruguay the clear dominant team with some help from Núñez :yay:,
My friend is Colombian and mentioned it today. How good are they these days?

Real chance of a pen here for Croatia (for handball).

Was about to say Modric missing a pen in the last match was not in the script, but straight after he scores for real. No keeping this guy down!!

Italy score in the 8th minute of injury time. 1-1 Another mad end to a game just like last night, Italy were going out now Croatia are. Crazy finish and lovely finish as well.

Holy $#! with that one Italy advance!
This looked so over for Italy. Unbelievable 98th minute finish.:thud:

8uw2ms.gif

Last edited:
My friend is Colombian and mentioned it today. How good are they these days?
Pretty strong, I think they are on some 23 game no loss(draw/win), last 8 match winning streak. So everything has been working for them.
If it continues I favor them over Brazil here, to be the ones to challenge Argentina in a final.
(though would personaly love to see chaos bringing wild card Núñez/Uruguay, upset it all :cwink:)

Last edited:
Wow, yet again a super late goal deciding things! Poor Croatia, it looks like they’re out unless England absolutely tonk Slovenia.

Pretty strong, I think they are on some 23 game no loss (draw/win) last 8 match winning streak. So everything has been working for them.
If it continues I favor them over Brazil here, to be the ones to challenge Argentina in a final.
(though would personaly love to see chaos bringing wild card Núñez/Uruguay upset it all :cwink:)
Awesome, didn’t realise that. So you’d have them roughly at 1.Argentina 2.Columbia 3.Brazil 4.Uruguay for now before we see more? When do the knockout stages start?

Awesome, didn’t realise that. So you’d have them roughly at 1.Argentina 2.Columbia 3.Brazil 4.Uruguay for now before we see more? When do the knockout stages start?
Yeah that is the order I would place them in right now.

It started later, yet only four groups, so pretty much now running concurrent with Euro Cup: Knockouts/quarter-finals start Jul 4th

And the final will be the same day as Euro Cup final: Jul 14th.
Which I'm also watching, as well as MLS, so for me this is more football/fútbol than I've ever watched at once. :funny:

Edit, latest:
Brazil 0 - 0 Costa Rica
Colombia 2 - 1 Paraguay

Last edited:
Nest up:

France Vs Poland (Mbappe playing with his mask)
Netherlands vs Austria

Yeah that is the order I would place them in right now.

It started later, yet only four groups, so pretty much now running concurrent with Euro Cup: Knockouts/quarter-finals start Jul 4th

And the final will be the same day as Euro Cup final: Jul 14th.
Which I'm also watching, as well as MLS, so for me this is more football/fútbol than I've ever watched at once. :funny:

Edit, latest:
Brazil 0 - 0 Costa Rica
Colombia 2 - 1 Paraguay
Nice, I will probably watch from the knockout rounds but great to be kept up to date here. Nice will discuss this with my friend later.

Haha that's a ton. :D

Interesting start here with Austria taking an early lead. All we need now is a Poland goal to make it really interesting lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"