Infinity War For A4 we need a scene of the Black superheroes

They're not all that diverse tbh. In the 10 year group photo how many Latinos and Asians were on there?

People want a scene with all the black heroes together, that's fine, what about also putting Latino superhero on screen? Or a Muslim super? Asian?I

Ten years and Marvel still has a long way to go.

The MCU has female, black and disabled heroes. I'd say that's pretty diverse.

yep. it should reflect the population of our planet.

Should? Ehh. I’m sure there will be more diverse characters in time as we get away from the older characters but they really don’t need to go out of their way to turn the Avengers into the planeteers.

Last edited:
It needs a lot more.

Yeah don't get me wrong, Black Panther was a major victory but like three black superheroes, two of them sidekicks, is not some huge victory.

Should? Ehh. I’m sure there will be more diverse characters in time as we get away from the older characters but they really don’t need to go out of their way to turn the Avengers into the planeteers.

A few doesn't deter from the film.

People like diversity in their heroes. They're bored with the same generic good ole boys. They want something different.

It'd be great (IMO) seeing Fury, BP, War Machine and Falcon share the screen. Even if it's a group setting with the rest of the Avengers. Just 1 shot with the 4 of them. That'd be a meme "heard round the world".

Like I mentioned before, I thought it was quite good we got a scene of Rhodey and Sam early in Civil War and a scene of those 2 plus T'Challa.

It needs a lot more.

But where do you draw the line? If you have an Indian superhero you also have to have an Asian, then you have to have a Chinese, then a Japanese, then Australian, then Austrian etc...

I think it's fine so long as you have some black actors and some white actors. The MCU have gone further by having disabled superheroes too.

Yeah don't get me wrong, Black Panther was a major victory but like three black superheroes, two of them sidekicks, is not some huge victory.

No Black Panther is actually different because it is dealing with AFRICAN heroes. There's plenty of black heroes that have been done before, but how many were AFRICAN? It is way different than something like Blade or Spawn or whatever.

However still the success comes from Black Panther actually being good.

But where do you draw the line? If you have an Indian superhero you also have to have an Asian, then you have to have a Chinese, then a Japanese, then Australian, then Austrian etc...

I think it's fine so long as you have some black actors and some white actors. The MCU have gone further by having disabled superheroes too.

what disabled superheroes?

if the MCU create Chinese and Japanese heroes, that sounds fine. But it'd be nice if they actually showcased Asian-American heroes first.

what disabled superheroes?

if the MCU create Chinese and Japanese heroes, that sounds fine. But it'd be nice if they actually showcased Asian-American heroes first.

I guess technically Thor now qualifies with Nick Fury. If you bring in TV then Daredevil, Phil Coulson and Deathlok.

Bucky is also an amputee, and in the comic books at least, Hawkeye is partially deaf. Doctor Strange technically still has nerve damage in his hands.

And Drax suffers from low irony levels.

Iron Man (technically, he has to use an Arc reactor because of shrapnel), DareDevil (blind), Coulson (lost a hand), Yo-Yo (lost two hands), Fitz (has brain damage).

One small nit-pick about Stark is that he had that shrapnel removed and only more recently had the arc reactor put back in so he could power and operate his new suit. But yeah, you could say he was disabled prior to the removal.

Bucky is also an amputee, and in the comic books at least, Hawkeye is partially deaf. Doctor Strange technically still has nerve damage in his hands.

:woot: @ your Drax comment

One small nit-pick about Stark is that he had that shrapnel removed and only more recently had the arc reactor put back in so he could power and operate his new suit. But yeah, you could say he was disabled prior to the removal.

Pretty sure the arc reactor in IW wasn’t put back in his chest....

How could I forget Bucky on that list? That's the most obvious one.

True. As you said he was technically disabled before though and the arc reactor is an iconic part of Iron Man, so I think it counts as disabled representation/Tony Stark being a disabled superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"