For ALL Discussion of the Richard 'Ricky' Hoggard Incident

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by MattC, Sep 25, 2005.

1. MattC

MattC Guest

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Mirko, who for those of you who don't know created SHH!, has given me permission to post this thread on the basis that it is the ONLY place for discussion of Ricky and the whole incident. This is to primarily try and take conversation of him out of random threads so that X3 related conversations can continue in a normal manner.

Please if you wish to discuss ANYTHING regarding Ricky and his involvement with the boards etc can you post it in this thread. A lot of board members would like to move on from the whole thing and it would be respectful of those still wanting to discuss the issue to do so in this thread only (so that it can be avoided by those not wanting to read).

If people do not wish to discuss this issue then this thread will slip into the archive pages never to be seen again, it is not my intention to drag all this up again as it is still being discussed actively. I am just moving it to a thread of its ok.

BACKGROUND INFO

Who is Ricky Hoggard?
    Ricky was invited to SHH! a while back by poster Retroman upon discovery of his claim to be involved in X3. He claimed to be involved in the production as a character named Avalanche and has gone on to post various spoilers and a few images taken during filming. He has now been banned from this forum after FOX intervened and informed the SHH! admins of his lies (stating that he has no such role in the movie); the banning was SHH!s decision and not FOX's.

Thats the short version, but those who want to know more can ask for it in here. Its basically for members who have come back and found he has gone and want to know why, along with allowing current members to discuss whether or not he is real.

No flaming please, everyone is entitled to believe or disbelieve him.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully we won't need to keep this thread open for too long :)

2. JP

JP Smelly

Oh God, let this work! :up:

3. MattC

MattC Guest

If people have any respect for each other on this board then it will work. :) Anyone who comes in complaining about the discussion will be politely told that they have no need to come in here if they don't want to discuss it.

4. Coldqueen

Coldqueen Registered

It's an "incident" now?

5. spidey207

spidey207 Registered

So I was gone since thursday and all I have gathered is Ricky H got banned but I don't really know why. Can someone fill me in please?

6. GNR

GNR Registered

I'm actually done discussing this.This got way too blown up.

7. GNR

GNR Registered

There ya go.

8. spidey207

spidey207 Registered

^^^Thanx man.

9. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I thought in one of the threads SHH posted that Fox had nothing to do with the banning. I can't remember which thread that was but I think SHH next post in that thread was the one about preparing for the hurricane.

10. The Original Bamfer

The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

11. MattC

MattC Guest

In the first post I mentioned:

Fox discussed the issue with SHH!, they did not demand that Ricky was banned. Mirko stated that the decision was made by himself.

12. RedIsNotBlue

RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

See this is the thing. Fox say they didn't want him banned yet they tell SHH! he is a fake? And why ban him EVEN if he was a fake? He was giving us actual set photos. A part of me is feeling he struck a nerve with Fox.

13. AdWolF16

AdWolF16 Registered

he wasn't a fake, fox just didn't like him talking so much (or at least didn't like people believing him so much) so they discredited him.

14. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

No, they said he was spreading false info. It's pretty much a given that he's Ricky, but there's a lot more questioning whether or not he's really in the movie. Considering that he gave false info on his agency, and that he doesn't answer anyone's questions anymore, and that FOX has said more than once that he is not in the movie, I'd say that the answer to that is a big fat NO. If he was really in the movie, he should have known from the beginning that he wasn't allowed to give out what he was, because just about everyone else has signed a confidentiality agreement, so why wouldn't he have?

15. Downhere

Downhere Jeremiah 33:3

Ahh, this is good, a thread for all RickyH talk to be in. You know though. It's kind of old now though. lol. We needed this like right after the news hit.

16. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

Interesting...didn't know the whole story.

17. wolviechickie

wolviechickie Registered

Why is this such a big deal...he was banned...big deal. Case open and shut

18. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

I have a lot of questions about a lot of things... not all of them RickyH related.

Somewhere along the line in this whole X-Men 3 business, we're being jerked around.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I do think something fishy is going on, and this RickyH thing is just a part of it.

19. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

So you're thinking that RickyH, though being a phooney, could be somehow connected to the production?

I doubt..I really doubt. But I think we're at a stage where we don't know crap about this movie. I have to admit that some of Ricky's comments and the Xmenfilm.net spy scoop were well thought out; everything that he mentioned were NOT TOTALLY FALSE, but could also be a bolt of creativity.

I don't know....

20. RedIsNotBlue

RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

How do you explain the on set pics he got?

21. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

That's the thing...I don't know.

It's not like "HE's bad" and that's it. There's more to it...But I don't know where to start.

Ricky was fairly consistent with his reports (certain ones anyway) and his photo supply was huge. (It wasn't like he stole them..or did he?) He could of been on the set and shot the pics, but it doesn't mean that he was in the movie. Then again, he could be connected somehow, nevertheless!

RedisnotBLue, I don't know what the deal is with Ricky, but I'm over it (for the most part). Now I'm back to being more uncertain of X3..

22. Retroman

Retroman Registered

The whole episode is confusing and hurtfull. Mostly because -no offence to SHH!, XVerse, XMF etc- i'm not 100% certain that FOX is telling the truth nor am i convinced (based on whats happened recently)Ricky is telling the truth.

It's times like these i really wish i had access to Cerebro. I want to see the proof with my own two eyes.

23. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

Exactly Retro. I mean...it was you who brought him here. If Ricky betrayed you, it's almost personal (for the internet anyway..in real life, it's worse :) ) But now, we all don't know anything until more scoops get published in the upcoming months. Waiting for the definate 'truth' (for me anyway) is painful.

24. Jennifer Walters

Jennifer Walters Attorney at Law

I said I was over this, and not going to have my presence in this thread unless something groundbreaking and revealing in the case happened.

But RickyH being a fraud, or the possibility of it, as big as it is, is rather very hurtful, and I can understand how it'd be even more so for people ike Retro and Ant.

But like Nell, said in a whole something is rather fishy about the production of X3 as a whole and Ricky is just a tiny cog in the huge puzzling clock that is the X3 production.

25. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

well said bill.