For any wrestling fans... a Hitman/HBK film

I would love to see a film depicting the rivalry between HBK and Brett Hart. But it probably would never happen based on several reasons.

1. WWE and Vince would be heavily against the movie as it would show Vince in a unflattering light.

2. I doubt HBK would want people to know how wild he was before he became a christian.

3. I don't think Bret would be for the film either....... and there would be NO way they would allow anyone to play Owen.

I would love to see a film depicting the rivalry between HBK and Brett Hart. But it probably would never happen based on several reasons.

1. WWE and Vince would be heavily against the movie as it would show Vince in a unflattering light.

2. I doubt HBK would want people to know how wild he was before he became a christian.

3. I don't think Bret would be for the film either....... and there would be NO way they would allow anyone to play Owen.

All that is true, but technically you do not need permission from any of the above parties to make this movie.

That all depends on whether they make the film from Brett's point of view, where Vince was being a *****e. Or if it's from Vince's point of view, where Brett was being a *****e and got his ass fired. Or maybe they're both depicted as being a pair of *****es, with Brett whining whenever he wasn't the champ or the main event, and Vince's eventual screw job in Montreal. If done honestly and fairly, I don't think either would have a problem with it.

Why not? He already wrote a whole damn book on the subject. He's never shied away from the sins of his past. He might not want them to become glorified, but that's not the same as not wanting people to know they happened.

Again, if done fairly and relatively accurately, I don't see why not. Besides, Owen was quite a character and would add much needed comic relief to a very serious film.

If the movie is made with respect towards all those involved, I don't see anyone having a problem with it being made.

All that is true, but technically you do not need permission from any of the above parties to make this movie.

That's true, but I still get the feeling that WWE would still try to prevent the movie from being made in some way.

That all depends on whether they make the film from Brett's point of view, where Vince was being a *****e. Or if it's from Vince's point of view, where Brett was being a *****e and got his ass fired. Or maybe they're both depicted as being a pair of *****es, with Brett whining whenever he wasn't the champ or the main event, and Vince's eventual screw job in Montreal. If done honestly and fairly, I don't think either would have a problem with it.

Why not? He already wrote a whole damn book on the subject. He's never shied away from the sins of his past. He might not want them to become glorified, but that's not the same as not wanting people to know they happened.

Again, if done fairly and relatively accurately, I don't see why not. Besides, Owen was quite a character and would add much needed comic relief to a very serious film.

If the movie is made with respect towards all those involved, I don't see anyone having a problem with it being made.

You have a point but still I think the movie would be a hard sell, expecailly once Vince and the WWE caught wind about it. Also, Owen's wife or something is VERY, VERY protective of Owen's name. Heck, she wouldn't even allow the WWE to induct Owen into the hall of fame nor can anyone mention Owen on WWE TV. So I know for sure she wouldn't let anyone portray Owen on film.

That's true, but I still get the feeling that WWE would still try to prevent the movie from being made in some way.

The WWE has no power outside the pro wrestling industry. They can't even get a Republican senator elected with a weak Democratic president in the White House. :o

Gary Busey as Brian Pillman.

Sure, just jump into Doc Brown's delorian, hit 88 miles per hour, and go back in time to the 1980's before Busey went insane and was still relevant.

But seriously, Busey's kid might make a good Flyin' Brian. Can't remember his name (Jack I think?). He was in Starship Troopers. He'd be good in the role.

You have a point but still I think the movie would be a hard sell, expecailly once Vince and the WWE caught wind about it. Also, Owen's wife or something is VERY, VERY protective of Owen's name. Heck, she wouldn't even allow the WWE to induct Owen into the hall of fame nor can anyone mention Owen on WWE TV. So I know for sure she wouldn't let anyone portray Owen on film.

Owen's widow blames wrestling in general, and Vince and the WWE in particular, for Owen's death. That's why she's blocking his induction into the WWE Hall Of Fame. But this is something completely different. This would be more like her trying to prevent A&E from airing their biography on Owen's life on television (she didn't, I have it on tape). If Owen's involvement in the Hitman/HBK feud, as well as his behind the scenes antics, are treated with honour and respect, I don't see why she would object. In fact, I think a biodrama about the life and times of Owen Hart would be an interesting film to watch.

I'd also like to point out that she never stopped Brett or Diana from writing their autobiographies, which had many chapters devoted entirely to Owen. He was also mentioned often in Mick Foley's second book, Foley Is Good. There's even an entire chapter in there about Owen. So she is limited in what she can or can't keep people from doing with Owen's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"