For Those Who Wait... support thread

RoastBeast

Barbary Coast
Reaction score
Since some of us have another, what, 10 days to go? In case we need a shoulder to cry on and a place to avoid even the hint of inadvertent spoilers, here it is

9 if you're attending the Thursday night showing like I am

You'll be set free way before me. I am November 4 10:40 am. Between kids who will kill me for going without them and working nights... well, there it is, but it will be sweeter with donuts and coffee.

November 5th. 10am showtime... then again at 1pm same day. Getting two views in back to back.

nice! In the same format, or are you mixing it up? I'm thinking I might need to go buy some more, but I am so picky about seats, it might be a few days later.

nice! In the same format, or are you mixing it up? I'm thinking I might need to go buy some more, but I am so picky about seats, it might be a few days later.

Same format. Marcus UltraScreen. Similar to IMAX, but better IMO. Got my leather, heated, recliner reserved. Same one for both. Probably won't even leave my seat between shows. :yay:

I'll be watching Thursday Nov. 2nd at 7pm!!!
It's the earliest showing where I live.
I plan to watch it three times: once by myself, once with my best friend, and once with my dad. ^-^

How many showings are there on Nov. 2nd?

November 2nd. 7pm with my dad. At the VIP theatre so I can drink happily.

How many showings are there on Nov. 2nd?

Depends on your theater but mine has four. Two standard showings and two IMAX showings. Got my tickets for the IMAX 3D showing at 7 Thursday night

Depends on your theater but mine has four. Two standard showings and two IMAX showings. Got my tickets for the IMAX 3D showing at 7 Thursday night
Alright. Hopefully those showings will help boosting up the OW tally. Do you know how is it looking in terms of ticket sales for those Thursday showings?

Alright. Hopefully those showings will help boosting up the OW tally. Do you know how is it looking in terms of ticket sales for those Thursday showings?

The 7 showing is a little less than half and the 10 PM showing has only sold 4 tickets so far.

I don't remember how Homecoming compared but I know Guardians 2 had more tickets sold at this point.

The 7 showing is a little less than half and the 10 PM showing has only sold 4 tickets so far.

I don't remember how Homecoming compared but I know Guardians 2 had more tickets sold at this point.
Thanks. Keep us posted if you can. It would be interesting to see how the ticket sales will add up as the movie draws closer to the release date and how much it will ultimately be sold of those particular Thursday showings.

Thanks. Keep us posted if you can. It would be interesting to see how the ticket sales will add up as the movie draws closer to the release date and how much it will ultimately be sold of those particular Thursday showings.

Will do :up:

I'm sure more tickets will be sold as we get closer and the day of. Especially if the buzz keeps going up.

9 days for me too! But I'm a little bummed because my iMax that I always see everything in for some reason isn't showing Thor in iMax only normal screens i have no clue why, it's bizzare.

9 days for me too! But I'm a little bummed because my iMax that I always see everything in for some reason isn't showing Thor in iMax only normal screens i have no clue why, it's bizzare.

That stinks, dude.

He's been banned so don't worry. I'm sure some other yahoo will try to do the same since just about every movie has its share of them.

Yep :whatever:

Saw he was taken care of.

Thank goodness. I'm as spoiled as I want to be. no mas!

I personally have had my privilege taken from me. For years Finland has gotten MCU films a week before US with the rest of Europe. But for some reason, with Thor: Ragnarok, Finland has to wait till the 3rd of November. Man, this sucks, lol. Even Swedes are getting it early.

What happened?

A user was going around posting a supposed fake spoiler everywhere. In the Black Panther forums, Infinity War, etc. Even made it the title of a thread in a couple places.

Mods dealt with it though and he's been banned.

I guess pseudo-spoiling is some kind of existential confirmation for some people.

After finding out that not a single cinema in my area is going to show the original (non-dubbed version) I'm seriously considering waiting for the dvd/blu-ray release instead. Humour rarely translates well, and if the dubbed trailers are anything to go by, it didn't translate this time around either. This is going to be a cringe fest of epic proportions.

Humor is tough to translate. Long ago, I dated someone from another country, and we just didn't get each others jokes at all. Just once, he laughed. And I'm funny. Well at least people who don't work for me think so...

I think it's not so much that the sense of humour is different (though that's certainly part of it) it's that you simply can't translate something like wordplay. You can explain why it's funny in the original but most of the humour is inevitably lost. And since the lip movements need to be in sync the characters often end up saying something that's little more than a rough equivalent of what was actually said.
It can really change the tone of a scene or turn a great joke into something so tacky that you feel embarrassed on behalf of the character who spouted the nonesense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"