Sequels For those who've read Adam Castro's S6 novels...

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
Do you think this would be a good route to go for a Sinister 6 movie? And if so-though I'm loathe to start a casting thread-who do you see as a good fit for Pity & the Gentleman?

Donald Sutherland as the Gentleman? He was GREAT as Mr. Straker in last year's adaption of Salem's Lot...

Btw; you're really digging those Sinister Six novels, arent you? I've seen you mention them in a few different posts.

I loved them myself.

CaptainStacy said:
Donald Sutherland as the Gentleman? He was GREAT as Mr. Straker in last year's adaption of Salem's Lot...

Excellent suggestion. He would be perfect.

As for Pity, I always envisioned her as that girl from the movie Leon. The young girl he befriends in it. I forget the actress' name, and she's probably too old to play Pity now. But still, she would have been great...

Castro's Sinister Six novels rock. For those who have not read them, go out and buy them. You're missing out on some superb stories.

Hmmm, i've never heard or seen of the Sinister Six Novels. Can anyone give me a rundown of them, i'm curious about em.

:yay:

CaptainStacy said:
Btw; you're really digging those Sinister Six novels, arent you? I've seen you mention them in a few different posts.

I loved them myself.
"Really digging" puts it MILDLY. But can you blame me? My mom & my brothers kept telling me how they couldn't put the book down & now I see why. I've just started on "Secret" & I'm loving it! It's the most fun read I've experienced in God only knows how long.

Doc Ock said:
Excellent suggestion. He would be perfect.

As for Pity, I always envisioned her as that girl from the movie Leon. The young girl he befriends in it. I forget the actress' name, and she's probably too old to play Pity now. But still, she would have been great...

Castro's Sinister Six novels rock. For those who have not read them, go out and buy them. You're missing out on some superb stories.
It's clearly been a while since you saw "Leon"; that was Natalie Portman, AKA "Padme Skywalker", AKA "Evey Hammond".
I was actually thinking Christopher Lee for the Gentleman.
And maybe Maggie Gyllenhaal for Pity; she has that innocent-looking face that Castro keeps describing, I think.
But then so does Natalie.

venom4life said:
Hmmm, i've never heard or seen of the Sinister Six Novels. Can anyone give me a rundown of them, i'm curious about em.

:yay:
The Gentleman is an international terrorist, or as he likes to describe himself, an "investor in chaos", whose activities pre-date WWII. He has a beef w/anyone named Parker because Richard & Mary almost got him busted. Getting them killed didn't satisfy him & now he's made his move against their son (Yes he knows who Spidey is, back when that meant something) by re-forming the Sinister 6-this particular incarnation consisting of a still hyper-charged Electro, an adamantium-armed Ock, the Chameleon, Mysterio, the Vulture & the aforementioned Pity, a deadly yet reluctant assassin who may or may not be Peter's long-lost sister-& setting them loose on NYC. His master plan I have yet to learn but it's an AWESOME read thus far. Telling any more would spoil the book & I don't wanna do that to you.

But hey-don't take MY word for it; Capt. Stacy & Doc Ock seem just as enamored as I am.

Wow, Chris Wallace, i'm going to have to track these down. Sounds really interesting!

Oh, BTW-the titles are "Revenge of the Sinister Six" & "Secret Of the Sinister Six" by Adam Troy Castro. I lucked out & found them in one volume, "The Sinister Six Combo", which is good b/c had I finished 'Revenge' & didn't have "Secret" I would've been PISSED.

CaptainStacy said:
And I never saw the updated Salem's Lot but Sutherland might be a good pick.

I picked up the Sinister Six combo this summer. I absolutley loved it, once I started I could not put it down. Castro brought every character to life fully. I loved Doc Ock in this and seeing a twisted affection from Electro to Pity was interesting. As for the gentlemen, he was a unique and exciting character, though he was such a dick I grew to hate him and loved when he got owned at the end. I also like the cameos from the other super heros, and especially loved the Captian America sequence. As far as casting goes, for the Gentleman Christopher Lee would be a rocking choice. As for Pity, I can't help but thinking of Summer Glau, played River in Firefly and Serenity, she just has that poor subjected look and persona.

Interesting choice. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's been captivated by these books. They're brilliant! I don't think ANY Spidey fan should miss out on them.

Now that I know the Gentleman's master plan, I am REALLY psyched about the books, & I think it would be a good direction for film.

His plan is sheer genius.

Never mind these novels making it to the movies, I want them adapted into a comic book. Castro writing it and Bagley on the art.

I'd have a geekgasm.

I'd be happy if Castro just took over writing on one of the titles for a while.

I finished it yesterday & it is awesome! The
"Trading Places" & "Scooby Doo"
references were a bit much, but funny. And I don't know what I was thinking, but my 7-year-old son figured out who the [BLACKOUT]"Old Soldier"[/BLACKOUT] was before I did!
Obviously if they did do a movie there'd have to be a lot of changes, since so much of the story is mired in a continuity where NY has a superhero community, & Peter has a long-standing relationship with said community. But I still think the basic premise would be cool.

Those books rock hard. I'd love to see them adapted in an animated mini-series. Completely faithfully, of course. :)

:wolverine

Herr Logan said:
Those books rock hard. I'd love to see them adapted in an animated mini-series. Completely faithfully, of course. :)

DTV; I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Glad you enjoyed them Chris. It would be hard not to. Ock was in top form in these. Especially at the end of the third novel when
it was revealed he knew all about the Gentleman's double cross, including the adjustments he'd made to Ock's tentacles. But Ock had been one step ahead of him the whole time.

Greatness.

I loved that part, too. Your love of him as a villain is more than justified in the pages of this story. I told my wife about the whole
betrayal & she got very philosophical about it. "There's no honor amongst thieves", she said. "Their only common bond is their hatred of Spider-Man, & beyond that they all wanna be on top. So there's ALWAYS gonna be a double-cross in the works because somebody has to be top dog."

Chris Wallace said:
I'd be happy if Castro just took over writing on one of the titles for a while.

Aloha,
Don't know how good Castro would be in the comic book mediuum but he definitely can write Spider-Man in novel form for me anytime.Here's some links to the covers of the three novels.http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/comics/2_limited/Graphic_Novels/Novels/Sinister%20Six%20Trilogy/Gathering-of-the-Sinister-six.jpg
http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/comics/2_limited/Graphic_Novels/Novels/Sinister%20Six%20Trilogy/Revenge-of-the-Sinister-Six.jpg
http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com/html/comics/2_limited/Graphic_Novels/Novels/Sinister%20Six%20Trilogy/Secret-of-the-sinister-six.jpg

Spidey rules

Herr Logan said:

Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"