Formula One

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Iceman, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Chuppy

Chuppy Recovering lurker

Yeah, kind of bummed that Ricciardo is moving to Renault personally, one of my favourite drivers at one of my favourite teams currently. Just hoping the Honda deal pans out pretty quickly next year. The last thing we need for competition is another McLaren situation.

2. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Oh damn, didn't know that. That's a shame. So Pierre Gasly is replacing him.

3. Ken-Kaniff

Ken-Kaniff MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

Yeah, GASLY in the mix!

Shame for Danny Ric, I really can;'t see a bright future with Renault. It would have been interesting if he had a shot at Mercedes or Ferrari. Maybe BMW too if they wouldn't have left. But I can't see a good future with Renault...

Iceman likes this.
  4. Iceman

I get he’s unhappy after so many retirements but I think this is a move he will regret. It’s a particular shame as I enjoyed the rapport between him and Verstappen. I think Red Bull will have a much better car year by year.

5. Iceman

Manasrepublic and Ken-Kaniff like this.
  6. Chuppy

Chuppy Recovering lurker

It was actually a good race, a lot of close action for much of it. Ocon shouldn't have been as aggressive as he was against the race leader, but Verstappen had a lot more to lose and should have made sure he had the room. I get he's upset, but the shoving just shows he still has a lot of maturing to do.

Yeah... I wish he hadn't moved. I imagine he sees Red Bull tailoring the team/car to Verstappen and wanted to go somewhere he could lead the team. I just don't feel Renault are going to be competitive compared to Red Bull over the next few years. Time will tell.

Iceman likes this.
  7. Ken-Kaniff

8. Iceman

I think Renault have too many teams in front of them to become competitive soon enough to help Ricciardo's career more than staying at Red Bull would have. It's a real shame and I think his results will get worse and he could spend some time in the wilderness. Choosing the right team at the right time is essential. We all know Alonso would have more titles to his name had he made better moves.

Yeah, Verstappen has some growing up to do despite his huge talent. Ocon was definitely in the wrong but there are ways a champ needs to deal with race situations like that, and more importantly they need to be able to control themselves after the race.

Chuppy likes this.
  9. Ken-Kaniff

I was hoping to see Daniel in a Ferrari, but maybe it does happen in the future.

10. Iceman

Same here. Ideally I would have loved him to stay at Red Bull and for him and Verstappen to start challenging more and more. I didn't expect him to leave Red Bull for any team outside of Ferrari and Mercedes.

11. Ken-Kaniff

Same. If Red Bull will be better with Honda next year, it would have been cool to see how Daniel & Max handle the tension. So far they had few encounters, but they were never involved in the title fight.

Iceman likes this.
  12. Iceman

Yes I would have loved to see the team close that gap and have 2 talented drivers going for it. I feel if Red Bull could have got into contention over the next year or 2, they would have had a great shot at the constructors title even if neither of their drivers won the championship with the other two big teams having a much clearer no.1 and no.2 driver.

13. Iceman

14. Ken-Kaniff

Looks like Ferrari fired Maurizio Arrivabene...

15. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

sacked him a week or so ago IIRC

16. Iceman

17. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

surprised by how qualy turned out. Ferrari a clear gap behind the Mercs.... now i support Mercedes, but it's a little worrying to see them so far ahead already

Iceman likes this.
  18. Iceman

Unless Ferrari change something reasonably quickly Hamilton could build too much of an early lead for Vettel to compete. It’s better when the main competitors are closer to give a better title race.

19. Iceman

Bottas wins the Australian GP after overtaking Hamilton at the start! He was looking very dangerous in qualifying and carried that form through to the final race.

Manasrepublic likes this.
  20. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Registered

I am pretty new to F1 so some of my opinions or views may be off but looks like Bottas is in killer instinct mode this season because his job may be in jeopardy if Merc want to replace him with Ocon

Wtf happened with Ricciardo??? His front wing ripped off my that gutter. Looks like he made a bad decision and could have been adjacent to Perez. Renault must be kicking themselves right now for having Haas beat them as Hulkenberg lost out to Magnussen. Grosjean looks like he may be out of Haas though next season if he keeps his loser streak going

Also I am not a big fan of his personality but Verstappen is a beast. Holy hell that dude is going to be awesome to watch this season

21. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Registered

Bahrain coming up this week! Bahrain is hot as hell as I’ve been to one race there many years ago. I’m still amazed with how loud the F1 cars are!!

Lando Norris looks like a really promising driver for this season! Will be interesting to see how his season goes!

Iceman likes this.
  22. Iceman

Oh you went to the GP there? Awesome! Yeah, interesting to see how well new drivers do.

23. Iceman

He is looking hot at the moment and that situation could have something to do with it.

Yeah, Verstappen has that X-factor and could be challenging for a title one day.

Manasrepublic likes this.
  24. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Registered

Leclerc is a bad ass!!! Great pick by Ferrari!

Iceman likes this.
  25. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Registered

What a damn shame for Leclerc. Ferrari car let him down. Ferrari had a bad weekend thanks to Vettel’s possible swirve driving and the general slow down on Charles’ car. Really sad for the bloke. The race was his through and through and then Mercedes got in with solid overtaking from Hamilton and won big time. What a darn shame. Verstappen is likely ticked with his result

The worst is Renault though!! Red Bull must be laughing their arses off as to break with them and go off with Honda. The new partnetship is totally paying off and sadly for Renault their pick of riccardio is backfiring hard core!!

Iceman likes this.