Formula One

Battle? where was the battle? This was just a parade with a red car at the front rather than a silver one.

All the regulation changes have done is make the cars lower and wider.... they've not helped the racing at all. The FIA need to stop with the ******** 'X Number of engines a season' restrictions and let the drivers drive the engines rather than the strategy boffins manage the races.

Congrats to Vettel. Looks like Ferrari could be back this season.

Hamilton pips Vettel in the Shanghai GP so they finish level on points after 2 races. Hopefully this is a close season between 2 multi-championship winners in cars that are not far apart in quality.

Bottas beats Hamilton to pole. Vettel 3rd a fair bit adrift.

Alonso looks like he wants to emulate Graham Hill and do the Motor racing triple crown (Formula One, Indy 500 & Le Mans).

Would have liked to see him get a good car so we could have 3 great champions (all time greats) against each other at the same time.

In Bahrain Vettel takes the victory from 3rd on the grid. Hamilton 2nd, Bottas 3rd.

Hamilton leading Vettel with a few laps to go in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Haha just read that lol.

Missed Russia Qualy to go see GOTG2.... looks like Ferrari have cracked this year's regulations better than Mercedes.... Could honestly see Seb taking another title here

I didn't see it either. Ferrari 1-2, wow!

I am wondering if the Mercs are trying to get their cars better in terms of race trim, and thus sacrificing their qualifying pace. Trying to pull a Ferrari?

Could be possible. Seems a little risky if it means giving away a 1-2 meaning that Raikonnen can block the Mercs early on and allow Vettel to get a lead. I'm glad we're finally seeing some competition at the top and that the top 2 championship contenders aren't with the same team.

Bottle leading Vettel! Hamilton has an overheating issue.

This is a snoozefest

The last grand prix was awesome. I hope we get a lot of races like this where Hamilton and Vettel overtake each other.

It was a fun race to watch... Shame about Bottas, he did his job for Lewis and got a blown engine for his troubles. No clue what they built Massa's car out of but it was indestructible.

Alonso's doing quite well in the Indy 500 qualy, up into the top 9 for the shootout later.

Bottas is proving better than I expected. Can see him winning another race or 2 by the end of the season.

Not surprised about Alonso. He's one of the world's best drivers and would just need to get used to driving something different.

So uh, Lewis had a really bad weekend. Kimi looked like he wanted to harm someone on the podium. :funny:

He had it rough... Merc ****ed something up in the car and he had to fight back the best he could.

Kimi's pissed, though with him he looks like he's happy, sad, bored, excited and fed up as well... If they were going to swap the cars around then they didn't need to use the sneakiness of the pits... just order them.

Glad that Wehrlein is fine after that shunt...

He had it rough... Merc ****ed something up in the car and he had to fight back the best he could.

Kimi's pissed, though with him he looks like he's happy, sad, bored, excited and fed up as well... If they were going to swap the cars around then they didn't need to use the sneakiness of the pits... just order them.

Glad that Wehrlein is fine after that shunt...
Yeah, I am not going to blame Mercedes on this one. I know that is the English thing to do, but Bottas was fine. They setup the cars in a similar manner, and as the weekend went on Lewis just got worse. He was having the same rear problem pretty much everyone but the Ferraris were having, but he couldn't handle it. Lewis can talk about wanting a challenge, but he reacts really poorly when things don't go his way.

They didn't use the pits to switch order. Kimi was crying about the tires as Seb was up his tailpipe for a good 5 laps (Seb moved the gap from about 2 seconds down to 1.3). He wanted to pit earlier, but they wouldn't let him because he would have ended up behind Sainz. That he kept complaining about pitting is why he ended up in traffic on his exit. Though his biggest problem was that Seb was clearly faster, because once Kimi was gone, he was a second faster on really old tires. So Kimi can cry, but unless Ferrari were going to force Seb to come in early (I don't know why they would), he was going to pass him. The only reason it was even close was that Seb was running into traffic as well.

We saw the same with Danny and Max. Max was so mad on the radio. :funny:

Fernando's Honda engine blew up on him at Indy today. You can't make that up. :dry:

Heartbreaking for him.... he'd been at the front of the field for just about the whole race...

Heartbreaking for him.... he'd been at the front of the field for just about the whole race...
Yeah he was.

I am not not a an Indy Car guy, but I watched it today for him. My brother was so pissed after like 3 hours, it was all over for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"