Formula One

Austrian GP results (blacked out just in case)

[BLACKOUT]1.Bottas
2.Vettel
3.Ricciardo
4.Hamilton[/BLACKOUT]

It was just absolute, once in a lifetime, perfect timing...

Kyvat is SCREWED.... contract up this season with Torro Rosso, so he takes out the golden boy at Red Bull.... at the Red Bull Ring... in front of the stand full of Max's supporters.... on the first lap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40566434
The future of the British Grand Prix has been left uncertain after Silverstone's owner confirmed it has activated a break clause to cease hosting the race after 2019.

Well this is a bit of a shame.

Vettel's engine blows and is forced down into 7th from 3rd. Hamilton gets to within 1 point of his lead.

Not engine.... his front tire blew up, mere moments after Kimi's fell apart. Same corner of the car as well.

What happened to Kimi? Did he finish?

He got back to the pits and got new tires.... ended the race in third, but looked more pissed off than normal. didn't even bother moving during the Champagne section of the podium festivities.

The team must be pissed off with both drivers missing out on what they could have got.

Not the only team... Torro Rosso must be pissed as **** with Kyvat & how he ****ed up their race with a moronic, always going to end in a crash, banzai move back on track. Dude has probably just killed any chance of an F1 career after this season

Oh right. I didn't see this race at all yet so will have to check (still have it recorded). You guys know there is a new F1 dedicated channel on Sky?

Hungarian Grand Prix Results:

[BLACKOUT]Vettel wins
2.Raikonnen
3.Bottas
4.Hamilton[/BLACKOUT]

Very interesting race... couple of very interesting post race briefings coming up

Hamilton gave back the place while Ferrari kept Vettel at no.1 (as they should). Crucial points lost but still nice to see.

Thinking about it more (and chatting with someone earlier today).... I think Lewis is playing a VERY risky strategy here. He's played nice with Bottas here in the hope that when/if he needs Bottas to be a rear gunner/let him past in the remaining races...that Bottas will return the favour.

It's too risky a strategy if he's thinking that. Vettel and Ferrari are too competitive this season and the points lost here could already make all the difference.

TBH, other than getting Bottas on his good side, there's no other logical reason for him to do what he did

I think he's trying to show that he has sportsmanship/honour or whatever but it will be forgotten in the long run while the extra title that pushes Vettel to 5-2 over Hamilton rather than 4-3 won't. :woot: If he wants it to count he better make every point count from now till the end of the season. He was too complacent in Rosberg's last season letting him get an early lead in the confidence he could pull it back. I mean he was right that he could pull it back but then the margins were too narrow to allow for the kind of bad luck that regularly happens in F1.

It's already 4-3 on titles between Seb & Lewis (Once with McLaren, twice with Mercedes)... Seb is just trying not to tie the score.

Looking at the tracks left on the calender, are Mercedes the ones with the upper hand or are Ferrari?

Oh yes I should have said 5-3 rather than 4-4.

I was going to ask you that lol. I'm no F1 expert, just a casual fan. My brother in law knows everything about it though, will have to ask him next time I see him.

I know that McLaren apparently should have the edge in a couple of tracks before we're done... but haven't a clue about Ferrari or Mercedes.... kept hearing over the weekend that Merc should have the upper edge, but dunno how accurate that is

Of course he is... anyone would. He knows it was the right move for the team and his conscience... but it's a massive gamble for the title race.

I think even the team would prefer a world champion if it meant the no.2 driver giving up a few points! I don't think it's really worth making a grab for morals midway through a race when judgement might be askew unless this kind of situation is preplanned and discussed so the team and both drivers know what protocol they will follow when the championship contender is behind the no.2 and faster. I do think once Lewis had said he was going to give the place back while asking for the opportunity to try and catch the Ferrarris (rather than just asking outright, or rather than the team suggesting it) there was a bit of an obligation to follow through with it. Anyway he better hope that if Vettel wins this year it is by a bigger margin than 3 points!

Hamilton gets pole, equalling Schumacher's record for total number of pole positions. Bit surprising, didn't know that was on the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"