Fox, Blue Sky to do Peanuts film

That's better than that creepy rendition of Charlie Brown earlier in the thread.

*shudders*

That above shot is probably pretty accurate in regards to what we might get. I mean, if you look at Horton, that was the first attempt to bring Seuss' drawings to life via CG. When I saw the first shot of Horton I was like, they basically brought the art to life.

Definitely not. Something like that is way too creepy for children.

Fox has pushed up the Peanuts film to November 6, 2015. Obviously to take advantage of the pre-October opening Hotel Transylvania enjoyed, DWA/Fox's B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations moved to September 25, 2015 from the old November 6 spot.

http://boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=changes&p=.htm

They showed the teaser trailer at Cinemacon. Basically a shot of the sun rising over a hill, that turns out to be the top of Charlie Brown's head. They said it's faithful to the original designs, only with realistic texturing.

Wonder what realistic texture means and how it'd work out for such cartoony designs.

Things I wanna see:

Snoopy fighting the Red Baron in a scene as an homage to Top Gun
Snoopy/Woodtstock bromance
The little red haired girl and Snoopy in a dance scene that rivals anything in Step Up.
Schroeder playing the piano ala Jerry Lee Lewis

Will they actually give Charlie Brown some hair or will he sport the bald head look? Those little squiggly things don't exactly count as hair imo. Maybe he could have cancer in the movie & loses it from kemo treatments or something.

Yeah, because that sounds like a kid-friendly crowd pleaser. :o

Maybe Lucy could get AIDS while they're at it...

Yeah, because that sounds like a kid-friendly crowd pleaser. :o

Maybe Lucy could get AIDS while they're at it...

Some Parents & kids could probably relate more if the characters actually went through real people problems, although some ideas might be to extreme for the Peanut's Children to deal with. I guess Peanut's weren't created to deal with real people problems & parents would probably feel that they were being preached to secretly through the movie if they did.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/paul-feig-peanuts-movie-producer/
Paul Feig Lands Animated ‘Peanuts’ Fox Pic
By MIKE FLEMING JR

EXCLUSIVE: While Paul Feig made his first-look producing deal at Fox primarily to generate R-rated comedies like The Heat, that doesn’t mean he can’t work clean and for a family crowd. Feig has just been set to produce and oversee Twentieth Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios’ Peanuts animated feature based on the late Charles Schulz’s iconic comic strip creation.

Fox has set a November 6, 2015 release date for the film that is being directed by Steve Martino, whose credits include Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears A Who! and Ice Age: Continental Drift. The script was written by Craig Schulz and the writing team of Bryan Schulz & Cornelius Uliano. Craig Schulz, Bryan Schulz, and Uliano are producing with Feig. It’s the first animated feature for Feig, who started with the cult fave series Freaks And Geeks and has really hit his stride directing Bridesmaids, The Heat, and will next helm for Fox Susan Cooper, the spy comedy that will star Melissa McCarthy and likely Jason Statham. The Peanuts gig is the realization of a dream for Feig.

“Growing up, Peanuts was my Star Wars,” Feig said. “Charles Schulz’s characters influenced everything in my career, especially Freaks And Geeks. I’m thrilled I finally get to be pals with Charlie Brown and Snoopy.”

Craig Schulz, the son of the Peanuts creator, added: “As we continue on our creative journey to bring my father’s characters to life, collaborating with a talent like Paul is a great step forward. Knowing how Peanuts, especially Charlie Brown’s never-give-up-attitude has influenced him throughout his life, makes this partnership even more meaningful.”

20th Century Fox Animation president Vanessa Morrison and VP Ralph Millero are overseeing the production for the studio. Schulz hatched the comic strip in 1950. He died in 2000, hours before his last original strip was to appear in the Sunday papers.

I am excited about the film.

It will be good to see the Peanuts Gang again.

I'm curious to how they'll be animated. Will it be the traditional animation style of the gang or will they try to modernize them somehow?

Since the son and other family members are writing it'll probably have them in their same clothing and what not, but it'll be CG according to Blue Sky.

That looks better good.

I don't know how you would do it in live action.

That looks fantastic imo. Captures the art style and feel very well.

I'm surprised. The animation is CGI, yet looks 2D.

Okay, I'm willing to give this movie a chance now.

Showing the little red-haired girl's face? Alright. But don't give her a voice.

The CG look doesn't betray the spirit or look of the comic strip... nice. Curious as to how Lucy, Pigpen, and Peppermint Patty look.

Should be interesting to see.

really happy with the art style, can't wait for the trailer :D

I slightly teared up at this one and how faithful it is. **** all ya'll. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"