Fox is making a Doctor Doom film

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by HBarnill, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Willie Lumpkin

Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

If I wrote the script (and nobody has asked me yet :funny:) I'd start with him as an intense, sort of creepy child (think Damien). I'd make both his mother and father a little frightened of him, though they would also clearly love him.

I'd show the aristocracy as complete bastards who treat the people of Latveria horribly. When his mother dies, I'd make it clear that Doom doesn't have the same sadness and vulnerability that we'd expect from a child, but rather an anger that the aristocracy has 'taken her' from him.

I would show him and his father on the run from the aristocracy so that even though Doom isn't a hero, he is a victim of that evil aristocracy. I would make both Doom's father and Boris somewhat sympathetic so that even though Doom wouldn't be a good-guy, some of that sympathy and their love for him would rub off on the audience.

In the second act, we'd see the death of Doom's father, and Doom left in the care of Boris. at the beginning of the third act, I'd show an older Doom in college, but I'd only show that briefly. We'd see the accident and then Doom and Boris in the mountains where he would forge his armor with the help of the monks.

The final 10 minutes would be Doom in full armor completely and mercilesly destroying the aristocracy and taking his thorne. It would be similar to the scene of Vader in Rogue One, but a little more satisfying in my mind because the Aristocracy would have been shown to be such bastards that the audience would be perversely rooting for Doom to slaughter them.

[​IMG]

BUT I would only want to do all that after Doom had been introduced and established as the ultimate villain.

2. Aurakles

Aurakles Well-Known Member

You know what? I'm going to watch Chronicle tonight!

I can understand that, Fox aren't to be completely trusted and as the film likely won't reach cinemas anyway might be prudent not to get our hopes up.

I think there's a big chance a lot of the supporting cast will be newly created characters like in Legion. I don't know if there'd be a villain in the usual sense, I don't expect Doom will ever save the day.
    It might be more of a tragedy, his decent into becoming a mad dictator. He begins believing Latveria should become more open and democratic, but slowly changes into the very thing he once opposed.

I agree that Hawley is up there with Moore and Gaiman in terms of writing talent. Whether it includes Doom or not, I am going to be all over his future work.

3. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I was watching Tom of Finland last night and there was an incredibly talented actor in it called Pekka Strang who might make a cool Doctor Doom

[​IMG]

- he’s kind of unconventional handsome so you can see why when he is scarred it would have an effect on his psyche but he’s not too handsome that he doesn’t look twisted
    - he’s European but doesn’t have an accent that feels like a direct rip off of something we’ve heard before
    - he’s reasonably unknown so it’s a new canvas for something new

If they wanted someone more A list though Jason Isaacs would be fun. He was perfect in Death of Stalin but I’m not sure if he can do an Eastern/Northern European accent

[​IMG]

4. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

I forgot that this movie was an idea. What's happening to it now?

5. Aurakles

Aurakles Well-Known Member

Noah Hawley said he's written a script that Fox are happy with, and that he's going to be directing it after Pale Blue Dot.

However there's a big question mark over it, as the Disney deal might cause it to be scrapped.

6. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

The deal is the reason I wonder about its future.

7. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Oh well we don’t know til we know. It’s like how every marvel forum has a thread in it saying “Marvel’s first epic fail!!!!!” And people think it’s going to fail til it doesn’t and then they say it was always going to succeed lol