Fox TV to adapt Lev Grossman's The Magicians

Loving the new season so far.

I'm a bit ticked off that that seasons 1 through 3 aren't available to watch as I wanted to re-watch the earlier seasons before season 4 came out. The season 3 finale aired before the new season, but even that is gone now.

Where are you, because all three seasons are on Netflix in the US.

Can I just say how much I am loving the simple episode descriptions they have been using.

Quentin meets a snake. Kady gets a puppy.

Very accurate. Good episode. Not nearly as horrific as I was fearing.

*stares at tweet for thirty seconds, anticipating the horror to come*

Okay, werk.

At least it wasn't the blood bath you would expect from this series.

Some outstanding performances in this episode, though.

Wow... episode 5.

Using last year’s best episode as this week’s crutch was genius. Q & Eliot forever.

Last edited:
I want to know if the end of that mummy scene was adlibbed or not.

I expect a twist to the Poppy return next episode.

Well, it was a twist. Luckily not the twist the episode lead us to believe.

Is it wrong if I am wondering if the comic will be uncensored in the home release?

Quentin and Margo are about to tag-team beat the **** out of anyone who suggests there are more important things than saving Eliot.

Important to know that a little lizard goes a long way.

I should not be surprised at how tumblr is taking the last episode.

Still, the season is really coming together in the end. Dean Fogg owning librarians was great. And it was great to hear the rabbits again.

"Oops, its Fenn"

I've been digging the season, but we're just about at the finish line and I just realized we've only gotten like two episodes worth of the real Eliot. I feel robbed. :o

After tonight, it's nothing for another nine months. :dry:

You know, I'm not usually crazy about fandom labeling every show that doesn't give them their ship as "queer-baiting", but in this particular case, I think they'd be right.

They dangled that carrot literally all season long, just before driving Q back into the arms of his ex girlfriend and killing him without even a SCENE shared between him and Eliot. In terms of the scenes themselves, it was well executed, but I really think this was a bad call.

I do wonder if Alice is pregnant by Q. However I do hate that they killed Q off as well.

"Josh the Fresh Prince" lol

Nope, didn't make it through the campfire scene with dry eyes. Powerful finale.

I do think it was a bit ****ty to go for Queliot if this was their plan all along. The Alice stuff doesn't bother me too much, because even in the Fillory lifetime, Q had a wife along with Elliot. And hooking up briefly with someone whose bad for you isn't exactly an uncommon thing.

But god, who thought at the beginning of this series, that we would be crying over Q dying.

I saw someone theorizing that there's more to all this than meets the eye, and maybe I'm just being too hopeful, but I feel like I could buy it.

I just can't conceive of the writers not knowing how wildly unsatisfying this would be for a big chunk of the audience. I mean, hell, he didn't even get a meaningful scene with Julia and they go back to even before the show began.

Plus, I feel like there's precedent here. I seem to recall the creative team talked up Alice's death back in S2 in a similar manner. They made it sound like she was off the show, and as we know now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"