Fox TV to adapt Lev Grossman's The Magicians

Really enjoyed the preview! Got a lot of the character beats right, and the effects were pretty good too. The Beast's introduction was suitably, if not creepier, than it was in the book too.

I saw this a couple weeks ago and I dug it. I don't know if I'll stay with it because I still haven't seen that last Harry Potter film. Anyway it's got a little bit of all kinds fantasy films,books, and tv to it. Yet I still feel like they are creating their mythology which I appreciate.

Premiere Date Announced for Syfy’s ‘The Magicians’

by Jess Landry | Jan 2, 2016 | Horror World News | 0 comments
http://i0.wp.com/horrorworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/the-magicians.pngThis January, Syfy presents the highly-anticipated debut of THE MAGICIANS with a special two episode premiere beginning Monday, January 25 at 9/8c. The series will then regularly air Mondays nights at 9/8c.
Adapted from Lev Grossman’s New York Times best-selling fantasy trilogy, THE MAGICIANS centers on Quentin Coldwater, a brilliant grad student chosen to attend Brakebills University for Magical Pedagogy, a secret upstate New York university specializing in magic. He and his 20-something friends soon discover that the magical fantasy world they read about as children is all too real – and poses grave danger to humanity.
The series stars Jason Ralph (Aquarius) as Quentin Coldwater, Stella Maeve (Chicago PD) as Julia, Olivia Taylor Dudley (The Vatican Tapes) as Alice, Hale Appleman (Teeth) as Eliot, Arjun Gupta (Nurse Jackie) as Penny and Summer Bishil (Lucky 7) as Margo.

Realize you are on Syfy. 5 seasons, with a drastically shortened fifth season. At the last minute.

Two hour premiere tonight. :up:

Crap, Supergirl, Lucifer, X-Files and Scorpion also tonight :mad:

Did I see MC Gainey in the season promo? :atp:

The Magicians - This Season Trailer
[YT]2CPCoqF1F0U[/YT]

Took me a bit to realize that Eliza was being played by Ros from Game of Thrones. I knew I recognized her.

Took me a bit to realize that Eliza was being played by Ros from Game of Thrones. I knew I recognized her.

I thought she looked familiar as well! Still as lovely and voluptuous as ever. lol Looks like she's going to be an ally.

Don't know how much more of the lead I can handle, with his hair in his face and his constant stammering. And I wish they would delete the word Fillory from the dialogue. If it's supposed to invoke something like Narnia, it ain't working for me. Brakebills ain't much better.

^ Her name actually was Ros, though.

New episode tonight. :up:

I see they're getting the "Is it real or is he crazy?" episode out of the way right away. Not bad.

The book on book action was great.

^ Her name actually was Ros, though.

New episode tonight. :up:

My mistake, it was indeed Ros.

I don't know the books, is the lead supposed to be that awkward, socially inept and borderline unlikable ?
So far it's an ok show but nothing to dream about.

I gotta admit I find the Q character really unlikeable. The exchanges with his best friend was brutal. I mean how much of an ass can you be.

My mistake, it was indeed Ros.

I don't know the books, is the lead supposed to be that awkward, socially inept and borderline unlikable ?
So far it's an ok show but nothing to dream about.

That's actually right in line with the books, believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"