Fox TV to adapt Lev Grossman's The Magicians

The suicide hotline at the end with some of what they were dealing with was a nice touch.

Still, a great touch. I liked how the doctor was "oh, the crack will get you". Vulcan Penny complementing Quentin's sweater was great. And great reactions when they drank their emotions again.

I'm still frustrated Margo is not Janet in name because she's player her to a T.

And there you go. Maybe next time.

Good episode. Poor Penny, walking into the middle of the emotional drama. But at least he scored. I loved the conversation Q had with the dean. "I still haven't seen the #@^$^#@ movie. At this point, it is a point of pride".

I did like how Q and Julia made up and geeked out about going to Fillory. Which apparently is a freaky place and good place for spring break. Just remember, talking animals are able to give consent.

This has been one of the best new shows of 2016. Another fantastic episode tonight.

Syfy is really starting to get its groove back.

Tonight's episode was aces.

That episode was wonderful.

The Julia stuff has been very rushed but I'm ok with it since she's reacquainted with Q.

I sort of wished Penny peered into his friends' minds to see what was bugging them and then giving Q a thumbs up for hooking up with Margo, would have been hilarious.

I just can't get over how much Jason nails Q.

I think he still has the patch to suppress hearing others.

What did everything think/feel about the Time Loop thing?

On one hand, it deviates greatly from the book but I sort of liked it. As long as it isn't used as a cheat in the future...

The Magicians - Season 1 Finale Promo
[YT]Qcl0d0HmJQs[/YT]

What did everything think/feel about the Time Loop thing?

On one hand, it deviates greatly from the book but I sort of liked it. As long as it isn't used as a cheat in the future...

I think it is going to be used to justify diverging from the books. I do think that it is going to come up again, somehow.

"Penny, Elliot, Alice, and Janet. You're all late."
"Actually, it's Margo."
"This time."

Ha! Nice shout out to the book readers.

Nice to finally meet Josh. I was wondering if they were gonna leave him out completely or something.

The thread needs a title change.

Holy ****, now THAT is how you do a cliffhanger. A bunch of parts of how it went down in the books, but some huge twists to how it happened as well. Can't wait for season 2.

Wow.

They changed a bit again while also hitting the beats that were necessary. Surprised with the final twist with The Beast/Julia.

I'm so surprised they pulled of the Fox part from book one.

Great finale with a very nice twist at the end I really did not see that coming. That last sentence feels way more dirty than it should.

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiii....

- Quinten shares a lot of resemblance with Sam Winchester.

- Penny is a great character and him losing his hands was shocking, after seeing Hodge get his hand chopped off last week on Shadowhunters.

- Alice deserves better and I'm glad she is growing stronger in character.

- Margo and Eliot's friendship makes me feel sad.

- Julia and Kady protecting each other gives me life.

I loved the subtle mete-ness of Quentin getting told he's the One/Hero. They could have gone cheesy or redundant but they played it nicely with an intimate moment between Alice and him.

Well, that... that did not go well.

Great episode, and great cliffhanger for next season. Some fun parts really did not prepare one for those finale minutes. Damn. Poor Penny. Hoping Elliot and Margo makes it.

Quentin's narration sounded like a movie commentary track.

I think this show is at it's best when it tries to be atypical, weird, and fantastical.

I didn't enjoy the rapey scene that was a bit much. There was enough reason for revenge already without that.

I figured what Julia was up to would have to result in no good happening somehow; her progression is making one bad choice of associates after another.

Anyway quite the cliffhanger, huh!

To be fair, it was also the way the betrayal actually works. I think the death of her friends is the primary motivator, but the rape did allow her to use the blade.

Amazing finale. This show goes to some really dark places and holds nothing back. Alot of the twists and turns were quite stunning. I can't wait for Season 2.

I'm sure the Blu-ray/DVD release will be unrated.

Yeah, I expect it to get the Mr. Robot treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"