Luke Cage Frank Whaley is Rafael Scarfe

BarryAllen

ey b0ss
Reaction score
luke-cage-on-netflix-cast-character-details-confirmed-by-marvel-frank-whaley-is-rafael-620107.jpg

Frank Whaley (“Ray Donovan,” “Pulp Fiction”) has been cast as Rafael Scarfe, a hard-nosed NYPD detective who partners with Misty Knight in their Luke Cage investigation.

“Frank Whaley has a wiry intensity that he’s imbued in Det. Rafael Scarfe,” said Coker. “He’s a great counterpart to Misty, and a wonderful actor.”

I really liked Rafael Scarfe in the comics. Sucks they randomly made him evil a few years ago.

That was my first introduction to the character, so I got none of that emotional impact when it happened, which was unfortunate. Hopefully they play him straight up, although my money's on him not making out of this season alive.

Scarfe was Cage, Iron Fist, Misty and Colleen's Jim Gordon. Dependable cop buddy.

Glad Whaley's getting work in this show. Underrated talent.

So where did that happen? What was the storyline?

It was in the Shadowland event (premise was decent, execution not so much). There was a miniseries centered on Misty Knight, and it had Scarfe killing criminals and saying the Hand did it. It literally came out of nowhere and pretty much conflicted with all of his past characterizations as a law abiding cop, and was just a dumb thing in general.

It would be dope to see more Cage/Fist characters pop up in the Netflix shows (so the Netflix universe doesn't become too Daredevil-centric). We already have Rafael Scarfe and Hogarth, so it's just a matter of how these guys would fit in. I'd like to see David "DW" Griffith and the Gem Theater in some capacity. Have Luke's apartment get trashed, causing him to move to the Gem Theater. Or if they do the Hero for Hire shtick, Cage can set up his offices there. Toby could be one of Luke's ears on the streets (and maybe you could possibly tie him in with Daredevil with both of them being blind). And with Blake Tower now the new DA, you could introduce William Hao as his assitant (he'd be dope especially for connectivity reasons if his brother Robert pops up as Chaka Khan with the Golden Tiger Gang in Iron Fist or one of the other series).

Only one that seems kinda doubtful is Bob Diamond. We'll have to see if the Sons of the Tiger characters get incorporated in the Netflix shows (they'd fit in pretty well). Can Bob really stand on his own without them?

Bob Diamond could work as a supporting character on Iron Fist. Colleen's actor boyfriend that later becomes Danny's sparring partner.

Jessica Jones had a few of side supporting characters that became allies over the course of the first seasons. No reason Bob couldn't fill a similar role.

I felt like Frank stole pretty much every scene he was in, I absolutely loved him in this. I've always been a fan but his performance was definitely a revelation.

Last edited:
I felt like Frank stole pretty much every scene he was in, I absolutely loved him in this. I've always been of fan but his performance was definitely a revelation.

I agree so much with this, Frank was great in every single scene he had. Both Frank and Mahershala Ali were both great in their roles in Luke Cage.

Yeah, I loved both of those performances so much. :up:

I feel like Scarfe was probably a good cop once but after he lost his kid he just stopped caring and went dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"