Comedy Freaky Friday 2

Generational trowma.

Has it been confirmed this is a Disney+ thing or theatrical?

With the commencement of production on Freaky Friday 2, the long-awaited sequel to Disney‘s 2003 body-swap classic, Disney has confirmed Sophia Hammons and Maitreyi Ramakrishnan as two new additions, as well as the return of original cast members Mark Harmon, Chad Michael Murray, Christina Vidal Mitchell, Haley Hudson, Lucille Soong, Stephen Tobolowsky and Rosalind Chao.

This is another 2quel, that I'm just like why after all these decades?

I've seen the 2003 film and I enjoyed it. But I don't know why is this even necessary.

This is another 2quel, that I'm just like why after all these decades?

I've seen the 2003 film and I enjoyed it. But I don't know why is this even necessary.
To appeal to the Gen Z'ers and younger Millennials who grew up with it, I guess. The 2003 movie was a decent hit that audiences seemed to like. I never saw it myself, Mean Girls was the only Lohan movie I watched during that era of her career but if she's trying to make a comeback there are worse options than a followup to this.

The fact they’re going theatrical means Disney thinks there’s some heat there.

You can’t get more bottom than direct-to-streaming Disenchanted lol

The fact they’re going theatrical means Disney thinks there’s some heat there.

You can’t get more bottom than direct-to-streaming Disenchanted lol
I think that if this was 2-3 years ago, this definitely would have gone direct to D+ like Disenchanted and Hocus Pocus 2 but since they're scrambling for theatrical hits after the 2023 they had they're not focusing on straight to streaming as much. At least as far as movies go.

I think that if this was 2-3 years ago, this definitely would have gone direct to D+ like Disenchanted and Hocus Pocus 2 but since they're scrambling for theatrical hits after the 2023 they had they're not focusing on straight to streaming as much. At least as far as movies go.

Could be true.

I’m curious when they do a Hocus Pocus 3, they may just release it theatrically now.

To appeal to the Gen Z'ers and younger Millennials who grew up with it, I guess. The 2003 movie was a decent hit that audiences seemed to like. I never saw it myself, Mean Girls was the only Lohan movie I watched during that era of her career but if she's trying to make a comeback there are worse options than a followup to this.
I'm waiting for Lindsay and Tyra to do a Life Size sequel.

Yeah that's what I think as well.

This sounds like a Disney+ project, but obviously there would be more to gain if this hits theaters first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"