Free Guy | Disney

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score

Free Guy, acquired as a Matt Lieberman spec in 2016, is in the vein of The Truman Show, where a bank teller stuck in his routine discovers he’s a background character in a rather brutal open world, action-adventure video game and he is the only one capable of saving his world.

So he's an NPC. Hilarious.

Jodie Comer & Joe Keery has been added to the cast.

Production has already begun on Free Guy and it is nao scheduled to release on July 3, 2020 and it goes head to head with Minions 2.

Sounds like that Serenity movie with McConaughey.

Looks like this could be Disney's "in" with the Jumanji-loving crowd, similar to what Jungle Cruise might be. I wonder how much Disney will be involved in the creation of Free Guy, since it is their movie now.

Waititi bothering to get involved hopefully indicates an interesting script. What I've seen from Levy's feature directorial efforts he's just pedestrian. Although he's directed 6 episodes of Stranger Things...

Well there you go.

‘Free Guy’ Taps ‘Hobbs & Shaw’ Stunt Coordinator & ‘Kingsman’ Cinematographer

Stunt coordinator Chris O’Hara will be giving his expertise on the (surprisingly) action-heavy film. Last year he was part of Francis Lawrence’s ‘Red Sparrow,’ Drew Goddard’s ‘Bad Times at the El Royale,’ and Ruben Fleischer’s ‘Venom.’ Some other movies on his resume include Joss Whedon’s ‘The Avengers,’ Chad Stahelski’s ‘John Wick,’ Colin Trevorrow’s ‘Jurassic World,’ and Edgar Wright’s ‘Baby Driver.’ His most recent film is the upcoming spin-off releasing August 2: David Leitch’s ‘Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw.’

Cinematographer George Richmond is famous for shooting the first two ‘Kingsman’ films: ‘The Secret Service’ and ‘The Golden Circle.’ He’s also been a part of the last two films from director Dexter Fletcher: ‘Eddie the Eagle’ and the upcoming ‘Rocketman,’ releasing May 31. His most recent film was the Warner Bros. video game adaptation ‘Tomb Raider.’

Haha, love Disney in the thread title now. Times are a-changin'.

Hopefully we get a teaser this summer at some point.

Apparently Channing Tatum has joined the cast.

D9M0cnpW4AMJVZk.jpg

Classic. He looks like somebody fro a Rockstar game.

That’s a great poster.

Thought I had mentioned it here, but I actually got to see some of the filming for this a couple of months ago. They were doing some stuff not far from where I live. Was really cool, they were doing some car chase stunt, I believe. Shame work got in the way, had I been able to get to where they were shooting little earlier I would’ve seen Reynolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"