BvS Freeze breath for mos2:superman/batman

To the people who think Heat vision is cool but freeze breath is cheesy can you explain?

If anything freeze breath is the much more realistic power that he'd have. He'd presumably have supremely powerful lungs so I don't see why a super powerful cold breathe would seem more out there then lazers coming out of his eyes?
I totally agreed. But I have to tell you that also heat vision has its explanation that all the radiation he absorbs, he emits the radiation with his eyes in sort of heat beam.

superman-1978-christopher-reeve-modeled-after-the-curt-swan-interpretation-of-superman.gif

Reeve's still the best. Maybe this next movie will change my mind though..

^ Freeze breath can be explained by Superman willfully controlling his lung temperature and the vaporization of his saliva in response to that biochemical process (I don't think freeze breath avoid being gross, TBH)

An explanation isn't necessary it's not that complicated...I don't remember what exactly I saw it in but they explained it perfectly. When we as humans blow air out of our mouths, we can choose to make it hot or cold. I dare you to do it right now into your palm, if you can't then there might be something else wrong. Superman like many of his powers does the same thing except to an exaggerated degree.

It would make less sense for him NOT to have it. That's like a little kid having his mother blow on a scraped knee and the kid saying "Mom, I know it makes my boo boo feel better but its really cheesy when you do that."

Last edited:
Superman like many of his powers does the same thing except to an exaggerated degree.
Do you think he's ever tried putting out a burning building by unleashing a mighty stream of pee against it?

Do you think he's ever tried putting out a burning building by unleashing a mighty stream of pee against it?

I'm sure he could, it would probably just leave behind a SUPER odor. :oldrazz:

Reeve's still the best. Maybe this next movie will change my mind though..

Absolutely. I don't believe the next movie will change my mind, though... I like Cavill, but he lacks something (and it's not the red underpants. I swear) He's the second best Superman.

I do hope we get see Freeze breath in this movie, its the only Superman power we never got to see in MOS and considering how awesome the heat vision was depicted I am sure Snyder could come with something equally awesome for the freeze breath.

Absolutely. I don't believe the next movie will change my mind, though... I like Cavill, but he lacks something (and it's not the red underpants. I swear) He's the second best Superman.

Oh you just wait you, Cavill is about to knock YOUR underpants off!

I do hope we get see Freeze breath in this movie, its the only Superman power we never got to see in MOS and considering how awesome the heat vision was depicted I am sure Snyder could come with something equally awesome for the freeze breath.

Freeze Breath and Super Breath

^Yeah I meant both, but yeah I want to see them in this movie as they are the only Supes powers we havent seen. I thought SR did a good job of depicting the super breath. I am sure Snyder could come up with something just as good.

Ha there is a thread on freeze breath :D Instead of making a new thread, I found this one existing already on the topic.

I hope Superman uses freeze breath to clear out all those fires :o

Looks like a plausible happening in this pic :up:

supes.jpg

what-is-superman-doing-in-gotham-5-unnoticed-batman-vs-superman-easter-eggs-which-ask-hug-514486.jpg

I'm glad they didn't include it. It's one of Superman's cheesiest powers.

if it is in BvS, i bet you will change your mind & say it is the coolest superpower you have seen.:cwink:

Argh there is a movie I have seen where someone freezes something some how and it looks just like comic book Superman freeze breath but I cant for the life of me remember what movie it is

I think there is a possibility after seeing BvS that most will come to appreciate Cavill's Superman more than Affleck's Batman ;)

Freeze breath is pretty neat, I fail to see how it could be considered a "silly" super power.

I see that a lot of people are calling Snyder for Synder. Is this intentional? Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just wondering if I have missed something:hehe:

Yeah no one is really explaining why it's a cheesy ability beyond saying it's cheesy.

"Trying too hard, unsubtle, and inauthentic."

I get that it's sorta a random power on the surface. I do not like it taking out tornados but I think Smallville handled the ability very well. He should seem like a god and that helps.

Also in some comics cold breath is a nice looking ability. Again though I don't want it freezing a skyscraper sized flood. It needs some serious limitations.

Long time fans have accepted freeze breath as a regular Superman power. I hope we get to see it!

I'm okay with freeze breath. But I will concede that of all Superman's powers, for reasons that I can't quite put my finger on, it has the potential to be the most immersion-breaking power for this 'realism based' Superman. I'm not sure why anti-gravity flight, super-strength, super-speed, X-ray vision, and heat vision all seem to work. I dunno, anyway, I'm okay with freeze breath for this Superman but (even if not entirely logical) somehow I find myself acknowledging the concerns that some have that it will weigh too much toward feeling unrealistic.

I do trust Snyder's judgment about it. If we don't see freeze breath used, it will probably be because Snyder and the producers didn't feel it worked for whatever reasons. If we do see it, it means they were satisfied that it works great. And it probably will for us to.

Arctic Breath is the 'campiest' because it's the hardest to explain through pseudo-science. Flight and strength can be more or less explained by Supes being so dense he can generate his own gravitational field. Heat Vision can be explained as Supes discharging excess radiation absorbed from the sun. Arctic Breath is Supes freezing his saliva? It's kind of hard to explain. Therefore corny. I have nothing against it, but it doesn't seem to mesh well with MoS Supes.

I think it's because he's puckering his lips and it just looks weird while he's doing it. One moment you're a badass and all of a sudden you blow at them.

"I am more powerful than you anything you've ever seen before. Witness my arctic breath."

*blow*

I'm not sure if he's doing freeze breath there are seeing that clip slightly extended (think it was on the CW Special) he looked as if he was about to push forward in flight with Superspeed.

Edit: whoever called Freeze Beaty campiest does not understand what campy means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"