From Producer James Wan...Annabelle

Marvolo

Avenger
Reaction score
Annabelle Trailer #1
[Yt]AO4P0-4XqPk[/MEDIA]

Starring: Annabelle Wallis, Alfre Woodard, Ward Horton, and Brian Howe

Release: October 3, 2014

I thought the Annabelle subplot was the weakest aspect of The Conjuring. Don't know if I'll be seeing this one.

The Conjuring was excelent, but i fear that trying to turn it into an annual franchise will eventualy lead to a ton of trash, Annabelle sounds like a fill in movie for Conjuring 2, the Director behind this doesn't give me many hopes of this being more than just a cash in.

Edit: Anyone noticed that the name of the actress that plays the main character in this movie is Annabelle?

When was this filmed? It felt like they just started recently.

Looks kinda cruddy to be honest. Liked the Conjuring, hope they don't milk the bad place out of it and just put out garbage spinoffs / sequels

I'll be skipping this film.

Infernal typos

Last edited:
Look more or less decent, i'm still not sure, the trailer was kinda good, but not nearly as good as The Conjuring's

Trailer 2
[Yt]x_fN4eLz7as[/MEDIA]

My review

Man talk about having a potentially good film and just crap all over it. James Wan manages to create great characters in The Conjuring that you care about. The guy who directed this movie made sure he had none of that. The leads in this are as milquetoast and dull as all bad place. You never for once care what happens to them. Not only that but the film takes notable cliches from other great horror films and run it to the ground. Also, for whatever reason they used different types of cameras when they have something going on so it felt off every time. The only few things I can say about it is Annabelle itself and a couple of really effective scenes (none of them btw are in the final awful act).
4/10

Oh and I would say skip it, open up Netflix, and go watch Dead Silence instead.

I agree. Saw it last night and wasn't too impressed. It wasn't as good as The Conjuring IMO. It's definitely a rental and not something to waste your money on in the theater. Spend it on Gone Girl instead...

I watched Annabelle yesterday, and enjoyed it for what it is. Its a film that's gonna be more effective in a dark theater environment. On the BigD 80' screen with the booming sound and huge screen it made me jump a lot and had the theater audience squirming when that demon was stalking the main character up that dark stairwell. If you're not a fan of horror or expect A level plotting from a horror film you're not going to like it. If you are just looking to be scared or get some jumps then you might enjoy it. This film had me jumping a lot more than Conjuring, but I wouldn't pay more than $8 to see it tho. Id give it a 6/10.

It has few good scenes and the rest is just serviceable scare tactics. Its just a by the numbers cash-in.

Last edited:
3/10

WB and New Line needs to get their act together if they want to turn this into a franchise. John R. Leonetti is not cut out to fill James Wan's shoes as a director, and it shows. No ominous atmosphere or building sense of doom, just random sound effects and jump scares.

Plus the main couple was boring as bad place, while Alfre Woodard really elevated the standard supportive friend/neighbor role more than the movie deserved. She was so good I wished the film revolved around her and her tragic family history instead.

I pray James Wan returns to direct The Conjuring 2. I won't see it otherwise, judging by how badly Leonetti messed Annabelle up.

Seems like this isn't as good as I hoped it would be, a little disappointed on that. I'll still see it tonight but now I know it's directed by the same guy who did Mortal Kombat:Annihilation and The Butterfly Effect 2 :whatever:

Yea I was going to see this but the reviews and word of mouth made me change to Gone Girl tonight. Plus there was a fight outside of the theater as I was going in and all the immature teens involved seemed to be flocking to Annabelle. So I really did dodge a bullet there lol. It seems this is just a cheap knock of of the conjuring. Definitely will wait till it hits Netflix.

Just came back from this. It was ok at best, maybe a 4/10 generously. There were really only a few scenes that were genuinely scary or creepy, while the rest of the movie was just random noises and apparitions. There was barely any horror-movie ambience to it either, and the whole movie just felt anti-climactic. I kept waiting for the doll to actually move on its own too (as if it were alive), but it never did. What's the flippin' point of long camera shots on the doll when it never actually moved?

I felt gipped by the end of the movie, there was really no pay-off to anything.

The lead actress was pretty hot though, she resembled Elizabeth Mitchell (of Lost, and Revolution) a lot. Coincidentally the actress' name is....Annabelle Wallis.

Last edited:
I just saw Annabelle and it was the creepiest movie I have seen in I dont know how long. And the theater I was in, the lights kept on flickering throughout the movie.

j8yyvq.jpg

Well...

The devil Wants you to sacrifice yourself!!

God thinks it's ok too!!

Whaaat?

Also more nonsensical stuff

Was that MEATLOAF????

(No it wasn't, just a doppledanger)

The demon thing was cool in this, but that's about it.

The Conjuring was pretty awesome. This was boring. Only good scene was when she was inn the basement and trying to escape in the elevator.

The demon isn't just the dumb doll, is it?

New Trailer Tomorrow:
[YT]5SB6miMDzgc[/YT]

and Official Poster:
C8QLDsPVwAEOkOa.jpg:large

"Rated R for Horror Violence and Terror" but no gore? Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"