From Producer James Wan...Annabelle

The Double Toasted guys said it wasn't worth sticking around for so I didn't. Oh well. I'm interested in the Nun movie, but doesn't seem like I missed anything in the after credits.

And there was already a Nun tease when Mr. Mullins notices the extra person in Charlotte's photo.

And there was already a Nun tease when Mr. Mullins notices the extra person in Charlotte's photo.

Yeah exactly. They're just double dipping the reference to sell their Conjuring Universe.

I just realized today that the woman who plays her played the bum behind the Winkies in Mulholland Dr

The cast is lovely for this one, so cool that Vera's little sister was cast

I thought the nun was played by a man in The Conjuring 2?

Anyway... I had fun with this movie. Quality wise it's a nice middle ground between the first Annabelle and the main Conjuring movies.

I loved the way [blackout]it tied up with the previous movie at the end[/blackout].

Nice, solid horror flick. It definitely follows the "Conjuring formula" in terms of atmosphere and setting up the scares and paying them off later in the film. I think the most effective thing in these ConjurVerse films are those long, drawn out creepy moments, before they hit you with the punchline. Same stuff in every Conjuring film, but it works.

Nice touch finishing the film the way they did. Actually makes me want to go back and watch Annabelle (which I didn't like) again. I think that's how you fix bad films, make a prequel that's better.

Also I might add, if you're in that situation where you made a bad horror flick and want try to fix it in a prequel, hire Lulu Wilson. She was also in the Ouija prequel which I really loved, and does a hell of a job in this one as well. That little girl just does horror films really well.

Yeah you can tell Lulu Wilson is going to be a big talented actress as she grows up.

Before the industry consumes her with its body shaming ways.

I didn't even know this movie had an after credit scene and I didn't stay long enough to find out.

It actually had a mid credit scene too, I stayed for that one but missed the last one. It doesn't sound like it's crucial information, just whetting our appetite for the next film in the series.

I am slightly amused that Universal is getting set ablaze for doing the shared universe thing, but the Conjuring movies are getting a pass.

I am slightly amused that Universal is getting set ablaze for doing the shared universe thing, but the Conjuring movies are getting a pass.

They aren't 'getting a pass', they happened organically, nobody is shoving down s*** down people's throats while arrogantly announcing there will be a whole series of those

They aren't 'getting a pass', they happened organically, nobody is shoving down s*** down people's throats while arrogantly announcing there will be a whole series of those

Exactly. They didn't announce "We're going to do The Conjuring 2 and then spin off Annabelle and then do Annabelle 2 and then The Nun and the Crooked Man..."

No one wanted the Universal Monsterverse, no one was begging to see these monsters come back to the big screen. If you want to do it, you start with one film and see how it goes. Dracula Untold was supposed to kick it off I think. Then I think Victor Frankenstein was next. Those both bombed severely, which would tell me its obvious no one cares. So yeah, they don't get a pass.

Exactly. They didn't announce "We're going to do The Conjuring 2 and then spin off Annabelle and then do Annabelle 2 and then The Nun and the Crooked Man..."

No one wanted the Universal Monsterverse, no one was begging to see these monsters come back to the big screen. If you want to do it, you start with one film and see how it goes. Dracula Untold was supposed to kick it off I think. Then I think Victor Frankenstein was next. Those both bombed severely, which would tell me its obvious no one cares. So yeah, they don't get a pass.

Speak for yourself. The Mummy may have been ass, but it did well enough overseas.

Speak for yourself. The Mummy may have been ass, but it did well enough overseas.

It did okay. It's currently sitting at #12 in the 2017 overseas box office. Chances are it will finish outside of the top 15 before the year is done. I know they are plowing ahead with the Monsterverse, but I'm skeptical any of these films will do any better.

It did okay. It's currently sitting at #12 in the 2017 overseas box office. Chances are it will finish outside of the top 15 before the year is done. I know they are plowing ahead with the Monsterverse, but I'm skeptical any of these films will do any better.

Nah, there is only one MonsterVerse. It's the WB/Legendary one

DFJT2_R9_Xs_AEl_Jv_R.jpg

Seriously tho, I'm not joking. Universal's shared universe of Monsters is trademarked as the Dark Universe. WB was even planning on suing Universal over it as they were planning on using it for their JL: Dark movie/s.

Nah, there is only one MonsterVerse. It's the WB/Legendary one

DFJT2_R9_Xs_AEl_Jv_R.jpg

Seriously tho, I'm not joking. Universal's shared universe of Monsters is trademarked as the Dark Universe. WB was even planning on suing Universal over it as they were planning on using it for their JL: Dark movie/s.

Fine..."Dark Universe" is a disappointment and its set up was questionable at best.

I enjoyed this movie immensely. Great sequel to a fairly sub standard first film. Great job from all involved. Music,imagery and atmosphere with solid acting. Best horror of 2017 imo well thats until you know what lol

It's honestly been a stellar year for horror... the only duds I can think of is Rings and the Bye Bye Man.

Wish Upon was also a steaming turd. We'll always get bad ones probably but as long as we get really good ones too as i think has been happening these past two years I'll be happy.

I must have seen too many of these movies because I found this underwhelming. I liked the first movie better with its Rosemary's Baby vibe. :)

http://deadline.com/2017/08/despicable-me-franchise-top-ani-franchise-internationally-wonder-woman-800-million-worldwide-wolf-warrior-2-china-hitmans-bodyguard-logan-lucky-1202152524/

With strong openings in Latin America, UAE and in India, the horror film grossed another solid $42M in its 56 international markets. The film is playing on 13,209 screens and now has a running cume of $96.7M.

This weekend in Latin America, it held 46% of the international box office with an estimated $19.3M for the region; it can lay claim to the 2nd highest industry opening for a horror film behind The Conjuring 2. It opened in some key markets for this genre:

Mexico, where audiences love their horror films, opened to a big $8M on 3,086 screens. Annabelle: Creation dominated the box office with 68% share of the Top Five films. Results are more than double the opening weekend of The Conjuring and 14% ahead of Annabelle. The studio noted, that result is only slightly behind The Conjuring 2.

Brazil also had a great debut with $4.36M from 1,263 screens where it easily sat at No. 1 with a 61% share of the Top Five films. Opening weekend results are tracking ahead of both Annabelle and The Conjuring, but shy of the results in the market for The Conjuring 2.

In India, the horror film debuted to $4.4M (included previews) from 1,159 screens to rank No. 1; in second was the sophomore weekend of a local favorite, Toilet Ek Prem Katha. The opening of Annabelle: Creation was so strong here that is has already surpassed the lifetime cumes of both Annabelle and The Conjuring. In this market, Warner Bros.’ can boast the highest opening ever for a horror film and the sedond highest studio opening weekend ever.

UAE enjoyed a No. 1 debut with an estimated $1.1M from 65 screens, launching ahead of all the films in The Conjuring “universe” and boasting the highest opening weekend ever for a horror film in the country.

The other highlights? Annabelle: Creation has already surpassed the lifetime cume of its 2014 predecessor Annabelle in 24 markets including Holland, Portugal, Russia, Korea, Hong Kong and Indonesia. It also has surpassed the lifetime cume of The Conjuring 2 in 22 markets which includes Sweden, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Korea. And in Asia, the horror film once again dominated with an estimated $11.5M for the region, ranking No. 1 in the majority of markets. Additionally, Ukraine, Thailand and Vietnam have come in over the lifetime cumes of all the films in The Conjuring “universe.”

Running cumes in holdover markets includes Korea with $2.2M from 549 screens for a cume of $12.5M; Indonesia with another $1.5M on 500 screens to keep its No. 1 status and a cume so far of $7.8M;
France $1.5m from 192K admissions on 264 screens with a running cume of $5.1M; UK grossed an estimated $1.5M from 577 screens, in third place and a 10-day cume of $6.1M;
Australia with $1.2M from 212 and still at No. 1 with a running cume of $3.6M; Malaysia $1.0M from 320 screens for a No. 1 ranking and a cume to date of $3.9M; Russia <$970K from 1,227 screens for cume of $4.5M so far, and Italy with $413K on 305 screens with a $3.1M cume. It has now surpassed the lifetime gross for The Conjuring 2 in Italy.

I liked the little Nun tease in this film. I'll watch whatever they throw at me.

Watched it today and really enjoyed it. Idk why this time it popped into my mind as opposed to the other movies but characters who have strong faith are still screwed.

One would think that they would've had the entire house blessed instead of one little room.

But now I have to rewatch Annabelle 1 since I don't remember how the demon came to possess the doll again lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"