From the Universe of legacy of kain:Nosgoth

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by zenith16, Jun 7, 2013.

1. zenith16 Registered

2. zenith16 Registered

Canceled Legacy of Kain sequel returns as multiplayer-focused Nosgoth

14 Comments
    at 11:31pm September 27 2013
    [​IMG] First, the bad news: a full sequel to 2003’s Legacy of Kain: Defiance was in development … until it was cancelled. The good news is that the multiplayer mode from that cancelled project has been saved and built up into online multiplayer game called Nosgoth, set in the Legacy of Kain universe.

source: PC gamer

3. Nathan Registered

Interesting. I will keep an eye on this.

4. The Infernal Mky Mk

There was a live Q&A via Twitch earlier for Nosgoth. It was interesting I thought, but the chat itself was plagued by trolls though and they decided not to moderate it for the most part. The vid should be up on youtube soon I believe.

The game looks interesting to me, but I can't help but question their design choice of strictly having vampires melee and humans ranged. That worries me as I think it's too restrictive and arbitrary. I just can't understand the thinking on that one. Seems like a bizarre choice to me.

5. Nathan Registered

Works for the Alien/AvP games. You have the Marines, which are all armed to the teeth with long ranged weapons, then you have the Aliens who need to get up close and personal.

#5 Nathan, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. zenith16 Registered

It's most likely cause they figure in a hand to hand fight normal humans will always lose unless given powers like what shown in Buffy and some other media or some like super hero comic's . so they left it like this. It's kinda the same way you wouldn't normally try that on a zombie ether unless you have no choice and you a good enough opening to get them off your body in time so you don't get bitten by ether. Other use the human have to fight really dirty like sneeking on them which will be hard as well unless they have something that will mess with their sense of smell.

#6 zenith16, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  7. KevanG Pragmatic Villain

The only game I've played in that series was Blood Omen 2. I liked it but I tried reading the plots for the other games and got really confused.

8. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

You should check out the other games simply because they're all better than BO2.

9. Nathan Registered

I think the first Soul Reaver is still the best. Never played the very first Blood Omen though.

[​IMG]

10. The Infernal Mky Mk

I suppose that's a fair point. Though here however it's not really a case of humans vs xenomorphs. It's humans vs vampires and that restriction automatically bars any projectile ability the vampires had in previous games and stops any melee addition to humans. It doesn't seem as such a natural fit here as it may have been in AvP.

When it comes to human melee against vampires in LoK I agree that they are outmatched, but I don't like idea of it being impossible for them to win.

Also you wouldn't need to look outside of LoK for special abilities. There was already glyph magic which would level the playing field and I don't see where it's said that was restricted to only one side.

I played through Blood Omen for the first time not too recently. Bought it off PSN a while ago and finally made the effort to complete it. It's pretty good, but I still prefer the Soul Reaver games, especially SR2.

11. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

Soul Reaver 2 was the game that showed me that video games were truly art. As far as Nosgoth goes, I'm not happy with it, but I'm going to play it just to show Square Enix that people are still interested in LoK.

12. Nathan Registered

Hopefully this will re-ignite the franchise. We all got a new Deus Ex, Tomb Raider and Hitman game. I want them to add a proper Soul Reaver/Blood Omen to that.

13. The Infernal Mky Mk

I'd suggest hopping over to the Nosgoth Square Enix forums (and/or the Eidos LoK forums) if you want. The developers said they're keen to get fan feedback for the game. It's a F2P game so I imagine there will be regular updates to it.

Still no sign on the youtube version of the live chat. Hopefully that should be up soon. I want another chance to see the vid because I didn't catch everything.

14. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Nosgoth

Debut Trailer

Check out the debut trailer forNosgoth, a competitive, team-based Human versus Vampire free-to-play multiplayer experience set in the brutal fantasy world of the Legacy of Kain series.
    Views: 6,447 | Posted: 10/14/2013

source: GT

15. zenith16 Registered

16. Octoberist point blank

I just find it weird that the first game based on this series will be a multi-player game. I mean, the franchise skipped a generation..I don't know if this is the best way to reintroduce the series to the public.

17. zenith16 Registered

18. zenith16 Registered

Watch an hour of Nosgoth, the multiplayer game set in the Legacy of Kain universe
    [​IMG] (2 hours ago)

[YT]5iQsalH6WZ0[/YT]
    Psyonix Studios dished out three videos for Nosgoth, the team-based human vs. vampire multiplayer PC game set in the same world as the Legacy of Kain series. Published by Square Enix, the free-to-play action game was first announced in September 2013, at which point the publisher kicked off its closed beta.

The videos take viewers through the Nosgoth's team deathmatch and siege modes, and add up to an hour of action. Okay, it's actually 56 minutes and 50 seconds of video for the game, but that doesn't include the time it takes to pop your popcorn and cozy up in a blanket on the couch. You'll find the first of the three videos embedded above, while the other two can be viewed after the break.Continue Reading

Source:Joystiq

19. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Nosgoth: Proof That Not Everything Is About Balance. February 16, 2014 . 4:59pm

Nosgoth is trying to break into a busy field. The competition between free-to-play multiplayer games is fierce these days, but luckily, this one has something going for it.

source:Siliconera

20. zenith16 Registered

21. DeadPresident Registered

I'm still mad they haven't properly rebooted the LoK series. Such a cool universe with good potential.

22. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Square Enix On Their Vision For Their Online Legacy of Kain Shooter Nosgoth

. March 1, 2014 . 5:00pmSiliconera caught up with Bill Beachem, Designer Director at Square Enix, to ask him a few questions about Nosgoth and the development team’s vision for the game.

source:Siliconera

23. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    32 minute video of cancelled Legacy of Kain project surfaces

Published 3 hours ago. 27 comments.

source: Gematsu

Ok the Embeds worki
    ng now but just in case the You tube URL/address is below it here .

#24 zenith16, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  24. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

They need to get back on this project because the multiplayer game is ****