'Frontline' Fuels the War - Becomes XBOX 360 Exclusive (Confirmed)

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
THQ officially announces Frontlines cancellation
January 23, 2008

frontlinesnomore.jpg

First, there were murmurs. Then, there were rumors. Now, it has become truth. Today, publisher THQ has confirmed the PS3 version of Frontlines has been canceled, making it a late in the game Xbox 360 console exclusive. "In October, we announced certain product quality initiatives, including personnel and structural changes in product development and a more rigorous internal and external product evaluation and feedback process," said Brian Farrell, president and CEO of THQ. "Consistent with these initiatives, we have taken actions to strengthen our pipeline and position ourselves to compete aggressively with compelling, high quality games." Apparently, that means getting rid of PS3 games.

Kaos Studios also responded on their forums. "THQ has made the decision to cancel the PS3 version of Frontlines. We looked at a number of ways to keep this version of the game alive but in the end, we just couldn't make it happen ... I'm sorry I couldn't give you an update until now but until the final decision and announcement was made by THQ, there was nothing official to say. We did try and find a way to work things out but, at least for this version of Frontlines, it wasn't possible."

Looks like today's not a very good news day for PS3 FPS fans, huh?
Source

So 'Frontlines: Fuel of War' is cancelled for the PS3, 'God of War III' isn't expected now until X-Mas 2009, and 'Haze' has been pushed back to some unknown time late this year or even early next year.

What a week (or should that be "weak") for the PS3! :oldrazz:

This really doesn't look to be a big loss for the PS3. The real bad news for PS3 owners that are FPS fans is that they have to use the sixaxis to play them.

why the hell would you want to play games on it anyways?? Blu-ray player only FTW! :cwink:

블라스;13892067 said:
I'll download the demo, but I think it looks pretty mediocre.

No, its not mediocre, its down right bad. This wont hurt the PS3 at all.

Source

So 'Frontlines: Fuel of War' is cancelled for the PS3, 'God of War III' isn't expected now until X-Mas 2009, and 'Haze' has been pushed back to some unknown time late this year or even early next year.

What a week (or should that be "weak") for the PS3! :oldrazz:
yeah big loss. This game really wasnt on anyone's radar. UT3 and CoD4 are more than satisfying the FPS PS3 fan

This game is probably crap and the publisher knows it's not worth porting to PS3. I mean, it's from THQ.

Here's me....not caring one bit. Good for THQ not wanting to release a shoddy product to the Playstation 3, and judging from how some people are acting here, good for the Playstation 3 for not getting what seems to be a s**tty game.

Honestly, I'm not being biased here because Haze, I couldn't care less for being an exclusive etc, but this game looks as mediocre as Turok, Army of Two and Conflict: Denied OPS.

Call of Duty 4 will beat this in every way possible.

"Looks like today's not a very good news day for PS3 FPS fans, huh?"

No, it was pretty the same day as any other day. And I spent a good deal of it playing Call of Duty 4, the best, and most played game on both systems. :)

Publishers seem to think that everyone in the Xbox community is a real-life Duke Nukem and can't wait to blow away scum. That any FPS is a sure-fire success.

This is Kaos Studios first game as a team. Some of the people there worked on F.E.A.R., Medal of Honor and Doom 3... the rest were from the BattleField mod community, so I'm really not expecting much.

Anyway, the word on the PS3 cancellation is that the PS3 is too hard to program for to justify the sales outlook.

Yeah, the game is not all that.
I played the demo, didn´t liked it, so, there is no big loss to the PS3.
Then again, many didn´t liked the Burnout Paradise demo, but love the game...

On other news, also THQ related....
Juiced and Stuntman were canned (reason: underperformance), the same goes to the PS2 version of Destroy All Humans!: Big Willy Unleashed (now, only for the PSP and Wii); alonside the closure of its Concrete Games studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"