Frozen 2

TheNextNolan22

Hurting Really REALLY BAD
Reaction score
To no one's surprise.
Disney officially announced plans to produce a sequel to “Frozen
The company revealed plans during the Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders meeting on Thursday from San Francisco.
The first film’s director Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck are developing the project.

John Lasseter, chief creative officer at Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and DisneyToon Studios, made the announcement with Bob Iger.
The sequel doesn’t come as much of a surprise, considering how the first film continues to be a major moneymaking force for Disney’s divisions since its release Nov. 22, 2013.

“Frozen” generated nearly $1.3 billion at the box office and has become a merchandising juggernaut, breaking sales records on homevideo and at Disney’s stores.

The animated short, “Frozen Fever” will unspool in front of Disney’s live action adaptation of “Cinderella,” out in theaters this weekend.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/disney-announces-frozen-2-1201451480/

Shocking absolutely no one.

I'll be amazed if they can ''Shrek 2'' this thing and it manages to live up to the hype/expectations.

I am a massive fan of the first, as my username shows, but....eh. I'll probably be more excited as it goes on but at this point in time, I'm just fairly indifferent. I'm glad the creative team is back so hopefully they'll keep the quality up at least. :)

more Elsa??!!!

I am pleased.

Surprised Disney didn't set a release date yet. Although looking at the 'Untitled Disney Animation' projects booked through 2018, it'll probably come out on one of these dates:

- March 9, 2018
- November 21, 2018

Also Disney could theoretically swap the release dates with some of the Pixar output, like they did with Wreck It Ralph and Monsters University. Who knows, we might get Frozen 2 on November 22, 2017.

So much for them saying last week that we wont see a sequel for some time lol.

Surprised Disney didn't set a release date yet. Although looking at the 'Untitled Disney Animation' projects booked through 2018, it'll probably come out on one of these dates:

- March 9, 2018
- November 21, 2018

Also Disney could theoretically swap the release dates with some of the Pixar output, like they did with Wreck It Ralph and Monsters University. Who knows, we might get Frozen 2 on November 22, 2017.

I'll take a guess at it being the November 2018 slot. Just seems to me more likely that it'd be November for obvious reasons.

So much good Disney news today. First Star Wars, now this. :woot:

So much for not having an idea. Looks like they got one pretty fast. :funny:

Star Wars, Avengers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice 2 and now Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2, with the possibility of more Indiana Jones. All of these franchise can bring in least 1 Billion at the box office with enough hype, and when it comes to marketing, they most likely do that already, Disney is getting insanely powerful.

Thinking on this, I'm a little more excited, but I'm still concerned about Disney mandating some things I don't want to happen (the big two being Elsa getting a prince and them putting Let It Go in there again).

They are going to have fun trying to up Let It Go.

I'll take a guess at it being the November 2018 slot. Just seems to me more likely that it'd be November for obvious reasons.

Disney is going to fast-track this one, especially since now they have Buck and Lee back and a story they're confident with. 2017 seems likely, given that the first pic took two years to make once the new directors came onboard (late December 2011). Let's not forget the "Frozen Fever" short didn't take that long to produce either.

Mark my words -- Frozen 2 will be out in 2017.

Disney is going to fast-track this one, especially since now they have Buck and Lee back and a story they're confident with. 2017 seems likely, given that the first pic took two years to make once the new directors came onboard (late December 2011). Let's not forget the "Frozen Fever" short didn't take that long to produce either.

Mark my words -- Frozen 2 will be out in 2017.
Would be plenty of time too. They would have two and half years to go.

As excited as I am we're getting a Frozen 2, I hope we don't have to wait until 2018 to see it.

Can't they just let it go and not do a sequel?

Disney execs:
giphy.gif

I hope Bell and Menzel held out for a nice pay raise and a cut of the profits from merchandise.

Let's get a better villain this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"