Days of Future Past Full LIST of Interesting Points about X:FC (by all fans)

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
Ive thought it would be good to create a full list of interesting/exciting things about this prequel from all the x-men fans of the board.

It would be a nice read for us, but it could be good for all the haters out there, on the other sites/blogs/boards.

-Firstly, post your individual list.

- And later, I will be collecting all the good things in an unique full list.

Lets Start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Ok, guys, here is the Full list to date!!

:xmen: FULL LIST OF GREAT/INTERESTING POINTS ABOUT X-MEN: FIRST CLASS

- Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake and Kick Ass) as the director.

- Bryan Singer, the creator of the franchise developing the story and Producing.

- The extremely talented cast and amazing production crew.

- Fassbender as Magneto and James McAvoy as Xavier, two of the most talented young actors from today's industry.

- January Jones as the White Queen!! A totally inspired choice.

- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw. A big name for the prequel and a definetly interesting choice.

- Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, a potentially brilliant film superstar and probably the new Comic Book babe crush.

- Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Rose Byrne as Moira... the whole cast.

- Tribute to 60's silver age of comic books and nodds to 1960's 007 films. The fashion, the style, the sets...

- Classic blue-yellow costumes! the long awaited costumes.

- The amazing Hellfire club! Classic villians from the comics.

- Being a prequel to the previous movies. The origin of some of the already known mutans: the transformation of Beast, Seeing Xavier before
he was crippled and bald...

- The background politic story of the 60's, the Cuban missile crisis, the C.I.A, probably the remains of cold war...

- The international vibe of the movie, for the first time we'll see Xavier and the other mutants around the world.

- A new X-men film. "Admit it, we're all fans at heart. No matter how badly the franchise might treat us, we're still hopelessly in love with it"

- No Wolverine, for the first time the other characters can shine.

- Banshee and Havok finally on a x-movie, two fan favorites and two members from the second Genesis.

- Azazel and Mystique in the same film.

- Moira on a decent role.

- A mainstream film about prejudice is always neccessary.

- Chess scene between Xavier and Eric, Prototype X-Jet....

- Has Fox learned their lesson from previous X-men films?... (the return of Singer and Matthew Vaugh, the amazing cast and crew, more inspiration from the comics...)

- Possible beginning of a new franchise? with a sequel about Scott, Jean... with more screentime, again without Wolverine.

- It seems to be going the opposite direction the other more conventional comics-based movies are going. It's risky, it's making the fanboys rage, but its an interesting concept and many of us are already loving it.

:xmen: :xmen: :xmen:

Thoughts?...
any more?......

Last edited:
1. Fassbender as Magneto.

2. Has Fox learned their lesson from previous X-men films?

3. Matt Vaughn (director of Layer Cake and Kick Ass) as the director

4. The fantastic fashions

5. Finally, a Superhero period piece.

6. For many, our first chance to see Jennifer Lawrence as a potentially brilliant film superstar.

7. An X-men film. Admit it, we're all fans at heart. No matter how badly the franchise might treat us, we're still hopelessly in love with it.

8. Real world events such as the Cuban Missile Crisis and Doctor King/Malcolm X getting a comic book makeover

9. Nicholas Hoult as Beast

10. Could it be the beginning of a new franchise? If it's successful we could see a sequel about Scott, Jean and all our other favourites where they get some screen time instead of Wolverine!

11. A mainstream film about prejudice is always neccessary.

great, silvermoth!!

thats exactly the kind of list I wanted.

Ill post mine tomorrow :)

1. Beast and Banshee in a X-Men Movie (two of my favorite X-Characters)

2. A X-Men film without Wolverine

3. Kevin Bacon in a superhero movie

4. James McAvoy as Professor X

5. Micheal Fassbender as Magneto

6. Matthew Vaughn directing the film

7. Hoping this could start another trilogy

Bryan Singer who revivied the COmic Book movie genre with X-Men and brought us the best marvel movie with X2(And yes I mean over Spider-Man 2
and Iron Man) devolped the story and Is Producing.

Matthew vaughn Who brought us fine films In Stardust and Kick ass Directing

We get tribute to 60's silver age of comic books and nodds to 1960's 007 films.

The Hellfire club as Villians.Plus January Jones as the White Queen version of
Emma Frost.

You have who will be the new Comic Book babe crush with Jennifer lawrence
as Mystique.

We get silver age Inspired X-Men uniforms

Banshee In a X-Men film.

We got prefuzzy Beast and get to see his trnasformation to Blue and fuzzy.

Moira Mactaggert In a decent role

You have the likely first Installment of a trilogy and with The Wolverine,Deadpool and possably a Bryan Singer directed X sequel coming It Is great time to be X-Men fan

For first time since X2 much to get excited about

- A new 'X-men' movie.

- Bryan Singer coming back!! with the story of this movie and producing the film too.

- Matthew Vaughn directing, after leaving X3. If he has returned, it just can mean that he has more control/freedom this time.

- No Wolverine, so more screentime to developt the other chatacters.

- Being a prequel, where we'll learn the origin of Xavier, Beast, Mystique and the new mutants.

- The introduction of Havoc and Banshee, two x-men from the second genesis.

- The amazing Hellfire Club!!! One of the most interesting and cool villains from the comics. They will bring something not seen before on the movies.

- January Jones as the long awaited Emma Frost! One of the most inspiring casting choices of the whole franchise.

- Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw. A new big name for the x-movies. And forming a really hot and interesting couple with January Jones.

- The whole cast! many talents on this prequel (James, Michael, Jennifer, Rose, Nicholas...)

- Set on the 60's!! Back to the silver age of the comics, and bringing a totally new design and style to an x-movie.

- Classic Costumes!!! Finally the blue and yellow costumes on the big screen!

- The international vibe of the movie, watching Xavier traveling around the world and meeting new mutants.

- Inspiration on the James Bond movies. Our first x-men/spy-movie. :woot:

do I need to say more? :hrt:

My list has pretty much stuff that has been mentioned but anyway.

1. A new X-Men movie.

2. Vaughn directing it and Bryan Singer is involved in the movie.

3. Being a prequel to the previous movies and setting it in the 60’s.

4. The great cast, actors and actress such as McAvoy, Fassbender, Bacon, Jones, Lawrence and Byrne.

5. Introducing Hellfire Club.

6. The silver age costumes appearing in the movie.

Apart from everything that has been said...

1 - Chess scene between Xavier and Eric.
2 - Prototype X-Jet.
3 - Everything that has been written in this thread.

Azazel and Mystique in the same film :up:

Also everything above.

*Hellfire Club Emma Frost.

*Lesser-known characters getting their time to shine.

*Transformation of Beast/ Seeing Xavier before he was crippled and bald.

*Seeing a continuation of the Magneto origin scene from X1.

*Havok and Banshee finally getting on the big screen.

*Costumes that finally pull inspiration from the comic books.

*The extremely talented cast and amazing production crew.

...and everything else said in this thread.

* James McAvoy. :awesome: (And the fact that Xavier isn't bald as yet.)
* Vaughn & Singer.
* The whole cast, really. So much talent everywhere. :up:
* The 60's setting. Love it. Plus, the fact the story will be as put in the context of the times and 60's politics as possible, with the Cuban missile crisis, the C.I.A, probably the remains of cold war...genius!
* The Hellfire Club.
* Wolverine is my favorite X-Men ever, but I'm glad they kept him out of this.
* The fact that First Class seems to be going the opposite direction the other more conventional comics-based movies are going. Yes, it's risky, yes it's making the fanboys rage, and this is why I already love the film so much. :cwink:

Last edited:
I see its time to create the full list on my first post, but Ill do it later, ok? hehe

I agree with many of these points. Most of the 'ingredients' sound fine, it's the recipe that is a mystery.

I'm somewhat baffled by the inclusion of Havok and Angel Salvadore.

A trailer will help to show things a bit clearly.

And I hope Havok doesn't just have a red laser coming out of his chest.

Full list on the first post!

any suggestion would be apreciated. :)

-Singer returning

-Vaughn directing

-The Hellfire Club (one of my personal favorite X-Villain groups, glad to see some of Singer's X3 ideas are in the film, took me a while to get used to Bacon as Shaw but now think its brilliant, still a bit underwhelmed with JJ as Emma-at least there using my favorite version of Emma)

-The costumes actually being based around the comics

-Hoult as Beast (Have had a bit of a mancrush on him a couple years now)

-No Wolverine

-Havok (I love the Summer's bro's in the comics okay...even Vulcan, which I hope we'll eventually see in a film too)

-Appears Fox may have learned there lesson after X3 and Wolverine (and I liked those films)

It's being edited by Lee Smith -- this guy edited Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and Inception.

It's being edited by Lee Smith -- this guy edited Batman Begins, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and Inception.

great point!

althought it was somehow included on the "amazing production crew" part, hehe

but I'll add it to the full list. :woot:

The film seems inspired by Morrison and Whedon's NEW X-MEN. Xavier walking, the yellow suits, choice of characters (Azazel, Angel Salvadore, Emma Frost etc.), even Beast's face seems a bit similar to the cat-like designs from that era. It should please older fans and recent ones as well.

Jack Kirby's MAGNETO helmet.

Emma Frost pulling a Basic Instinct-esque pose.

Sebastian Shaw and the Hellfire Club - antagonists beyond Magneto, expanding the universe much more elaborately.

The X-Men film franchise becomes one of the most expansive and continued universes with this, still being fresh.

This is a rehash of the MAGNETO ORIGINS story.

Most of the characters, at least in terms of power, seems aesthetically consistent: we have Mystique, Xavier, Magneto, Beast, Azazel (w/Nightcrawler), Havok (w/Cyclops), Angel (as yet another sexy black actress ala Halle Barry),

The film seems inspired by Morrison and Whedon's NEW X-MEN. Xavier walking, the yellow suits, choice of characters (Azazel, Angel Salvadore, Emma Frost etc.), even Beast's face seems a bit similar to the cat-like designs from that era. It should please older fans and recent ones as well.

I haven't seen it posted so someone correct me if it has, but it also seems to also have hints of Deadly Genesis with shades of Singer's X3 (Hellfire Club) also...if that makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"