Fullmetal Alchemist discussion

It's worth it.

I only paid $24 for it.

The actual retail price is $45.

So just wondering, has anyone played FMA: Dual Sympathies on the DS?

It's a fairly generic beat 'em up type of game and a decent adaptation of the series. Action gets a little repetitious after a while. It does have some good voice-over and graphics. And after you beat it the first time you can play as a bunch of different characters.

I don't think there's yet to be a truly great FMA game.

just remember this bout the show

the big guy with the bald head

IS ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG THE STRONG ARM ALCHEMIST

he's my favorite

BTW this is now replaying on Cartoon Network.

Just wondering. Is volume 14 of the manga out yet? Anyone seen it anywhere?

The anime is great,like i mentioned before.I heard that you need to see the Conqueror Of Shamballa movie to see the "real" end of the anime.

I honestly prefer the ending of the show without the movie. The movie brings them back together which was great but the ending was kind of disappointing while the bittersweet ending of the series was more satisfactory. Equivalent exchange and all, really.

The movie upheld the bittersweet tone and the idea of equivalent exchange as well.

And the movie wasn't really a sudden thing. They pretty much knew they were doing the movie before the second season.

I can see why people might like the ending of the series better. But after the movie I feel that should be it for the anime. No more.

I am rewatching it through DVR on Cartoon Network (I still prefer the Japanese voices, but there is no denying that this is hands down one of the best anime dubs ever) and it is so good.

My preference to the ending of the show was that

To get back their bodies the two brothers had to be seperated. Al in his world and Ed in our's. Ed grew up and accepted this and was no longer the "grumpy teenager." They stretching their arms out for each other was such a nice touch. And the ending had a "more things change, the more they stay the same" feeling. And Roy Mustang, Sensei, Alphonse, etc. got more closure. I also hated Wrath so I didn't like how the movie tried to make me pity the little crap.

But in the movie it just feels like we were robbed of so much detail when Ed goes home and has almost no interaction with Winnery or Mustang. Mustang's ending is a retread and boring after his arc concluded and a new one began in the last episode. The villain was an afterthought and the only thing worth her visit was seeing planes attack the Alchemists. Also Sensei dying offscreen again felt like we were cheated of her character or at least interacting with Ed again before passing on. All this to get the brothers reunited, which ruins the beauty of the "exchange" and parallel lives at the end of the show. They not knowing what happened to Ed and moving on the same paths was more satisfying in the show.

Also alternate reality Hughes (my favorite character) turning into a Nazi, while an ironic point about the Alchemists and military governments, was really annoying to me. ;)

Oh well.

I am rewatching it through DVR on Cartoon Network (I still prefer the Japanese voices, but there is no denying that this is hands down one of the best anime dubs ever) and it is so good.

My preference to the ending of the show was that

To get back their bodies the two brothers had to be seperated. Al in his world and Ed in our's. Ed grew up and accepted this and was no longer the "grumpy teenager." They stretching their arms out for each other was such a nice touch. And the ending had a "more things change, the more they stay the same" feeling. And Roy Mustang, Sensei, Alphonse, etc. got more closure. I also hated Wrath so I didn't like how the movie tried to make me pity the little crap.

But in the movie it just feels like we were robbed of so much detail when Ed goes home and has almost no interaction with Winnery or Mustang. Mustang's ending is a retread and boring after his arc concluded and a new one began in the last episode. The villain was an afterthought and the only thing worth her visit was seeing planes attack the Alchemists. Also Sensei dying offscreen again felt like we were cheated of her character or at least interacting with Ed again before passing on. All this to get the brothers reunited, which ruins the beauty of the "exchange" and parallel lives at the end of the show. They not knowing what happened to Ed and moving on the same paths was more satisfying in the show.

Also alternate reality Hughes (my favorite character) turning into a Nazi, while an ironic point about the Alchemists and military governments, was really annoying to me. ;)

Oh well.
I agree with you whole-heartedly. Personally my favorite character was Roy.
I thought he was gonna die during his battle with Pride. THAT was probably the best fight of the whole series.

We know Ed would never do this:

Take a lesson, alcoholics! :cmad:

ok im kinda confused on a topic im i right in sayin eds
leg was sacrificed for the montrocity that was meant to be his mother and his arm was sacrificed to place his bros soul in the body of armour?
also this realy creeped my out it was kinda sick was anyone else like realy shocked and i dont mean like oh wow i mean like shocked as in amazed and disgusted in the fact that the professor dude
joined his own daughter and his dog together to make a talking chimera that was bloody horrible but so creative
by the way what is a chimera?

^I think it was handled even better in the anime.

ok im kinda confused on a topic im i right in sayin eds
leg was sacrificed for the montrocity that was meant to be his mother and his arm was sacrificed to place his bros soul in the body of armour?
also this realy creeped my out it was kinda sick was anyone else like realy shocked and i dont mean like oh wow i mean like shocked as in amazed and disgusted in the fact that the professor dude
joined his own daughter and his dog together to make a talking chimera that was bloody horrible but so creative
by the way what is a chimera?

1 - Yep, you're right.

2 - It was extremely sad, but Tucker had been pushed to his limit, and felt there was no other way out. When you're like that, you do things you might otherwise never do (eg kill yourself - suicidal people are always thinking theres no way out).

3 - A chimera is simply a combination of two animals that otherwise should be together. They are fused by alchemy, and given his experiance with Tucker, its hardly surprising that Ed calls it the "most depraved form of alchemy" (is that right? I haven't seen Episode 1 for a while now).

The guys here did was real great dubbing/voice work:

^I think it was handled even better in the anime.
which was?
1 - Yep, you're right.

2 - It was extremely sad, but Tucker had been pushed to his limit, and felt there was no other way out. When you're like that, you do things you might otherwise never do (eg kill yourself - suicidal people are always thinking theres no way out).

3 - A chimera is simply a combination of two animals that otherwise should be together. They are fused by alchemy, and given his experiance with Tucker, its hardly surprising that Ed calls it the "most depraved form of alchemy" (is that right? I haven't seen Episode 1 for a while now).
yeah but come on desperate or not come on if i had a daughter no matter what would i even think about using her to do with alchemy i mean isnt there like a ban on human alchemy and if so cant they understand why ? i also understand that if risks are not taken then theyll never find out if human alchemy can be conquered but tucker knew what he was doing i was so disgusted but it makes a really awesome story

which was?

Tucker and Nina's story. In the anime, the Elric brothers stayed with them longer. In fact, Nina was writing letters to her mommy. After Edward found one of them crumpled up and burnt, he found out about Tucker's twisted experiments.

ohhhh 1 thing i must know is you know when
ed becomes a state alchemist becuase thats like the only part im upto you know the watch he gets does it actualy amplify his power all that much and is it kinda a rip off of the legendary philosopher stone? but please if it will spoil toomuch dont tell me lol

Well, there are some spoilers for the Lab 5 arc, but suffice to say, it is supposed to amplify their powers like the Philosopher's Stone (or so I'd imagine - it never actually is explained in the anime).

And RE Nina and Shou - well, suffice to say Shou wasn't in his right mind when he did what he did. And like I said, when you're not in your right mind, you do things you otherwise wouldn't.

Lab 5-Bas Grande (is that how you spell his name?) was a great antagonist. I'd have liked take some hits at that big guy. I'm kinda glad

Scar got him. Another great antagonist as well, Scar is (or protagonist, depending on when and how you see him).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"