Fullmetal Alchemist discussion

I just watched the movie and thought it wasn't to bad, although I can understand why other would think that it should have ended with the series. It was still quiet enjoyable :up:

I got into FMA a few weeks ago. I just finished the show, and I must say, this was one of the most action packed animes I've seen. :wow::up:

It has action but it is all rooted in such richly developed and believable characters that the fantastic action only benefits from that.

Hey guys just so you know. Certain sources are reporting that Bones is going to announce a new FMA anime soon. There was a leaked production schedule that had FMA and more Darker than Black on it. The truth of the document is still being debated however. Some have suggested it will be an anime that's closer to the current manga storyline.

Well, from what I hear, the manga is finishing soon, no?

So, FullMetal Alchemist Ultimate eh?

My friend has been renting it from Netflix, and I'm re-watching it with him. Geez I forgot about how boring most of the first season episodes were.

So is this some kind of a reboot that follows the manga story ignoring the anime?

The manga and anime diverge pretty much between episodes 25 and 30.

The manga never shows that their world is connected to ours, the Fuhrer is Wrath as opposed to Pride, Dante doesn't exist, Scar remains an antagonist, and so on.

You can look them all up on wikipedia.

Latest issue was bad *ss.
The battle between the Armstrongs and Sloth was cool. Not to mention how the issue ends.

I Have seen this whole series but I finally bought the whole first season at Comic Con. Cost me 60 bucks which is not too shabby.

Given how the anime diverges from the manga I wonder how they're going to do the new FMA series their developing. :huh:

I'd imagine it would be much like Hellsing Ultimate is to the Hellsing anime from 2001.

Ok, guys, I'm reopening this thread because I would love to know when the second season of Brotherhood is going to be coming out. I've already watched the entire first season (I watched the original anime and the movie, but a friend of mine started with Brotherhood and got me hooked). So does anyone have this information, because Google is not doing what I want it to!

A new episode comes every Sunday night. So Monday morning there should be new english subbed eps.

I watched the latest episode where they fought against Lust. That was wonderfully thrilling and brutal! Don't tell me how much different this adaption is to the first TV series. I'm loving the mysteries behind the dualities i.e. alchemy/alkahestry and the Western/Eastern Sage. But will the Elric Brothers ever learn alkahestry?

Okay, I know I'm two weeks late but hot damn that Lust battle was badass. I'm going to have to buy both version to compare all the differences. Colonel Mustang is way better in this version. In the original, Greed's death was the most memorable.

Yeah, that was a great episode. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know where this is going. But I can guess the reason who they consider 'candidates' for their plans. They're all alchemists. Those who have seen the door are probably the best candidates.

I'm miffed that the latest episode has been delayed until this week. I just Edward and Alphonse finally get their rematch agains Scar.

u kno i posted this in the misc film thread and no seem to care but i had the idea of a live action fma movie
i think itd be great since the series is awesome and i really like to see either the wachowskis( or james mcteigue..they go hand in hand), zack snyder, quentin tarantino(maybe) and some others
any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"