Fullmetal Alchemist discussion

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by PyroProductions, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Tamanon

Tamanon Professional Bastard

Spoiler the answer if you post it here please:p

I'm actually enjoying not knowing all the facts about a series beforehand, hehe.

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Tonight's an EXTRA crucial episode guys. Do NOT miss it.

All I have to say is...questions will be answered. New ones will be raised :) .

3. guitarsingerguy

guitarsingerguy Who am I?

PyroProductions spoiled it for me. It actually has a really big question bothering me now though.

4. PyroProductions

PyroProductions Space Cowboy

Yeah, same here, I couldn't get it off my mind, so I had to ask my little brother whose skull it was...now I know, but I am still looking forward to actually seeing what happens in the episode, because I don't know that yet...I actually guessed whose skull it was previously, but I didn't know for sure when I guessed.

5. PyroProductions

DAYUM!!!! What the **** happened to Dante??!! Was she cut in half?!?! And why was Greed throwing up Philosophers Stones?! (I guess thats what they were...)
    Geez, you were right Vile, I have so many questions now!!

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Those were not the actual Philosopher's Stone. They were the incomplete red stone, made from human lives. They are what give homunculus their healing powers and keep them from dying. That's why Greed wasn't able to heal himself after getting the killing blow from Ed.

If anyone has questions, PM me or something and I will answer.

This was really a great episode for me. Greed turned out to be a not so bad guy. It was important to him that he fought Ed, to teach him not only to kill but how to defeat a homunculus. So homunculi do have a weakness, they CAN be killed.

7. guitarsingerguy

Wow. What a powerful episode. Edward has taken his first life. Greed has actually prepared him to finish his journey. Who would have thought that a homonculus would be the one that cleared the way for him? This episode obviously raises questions about the girl now. What is her part in this whole game? Can she be the final homonculus? If so, how could she use the flanel to perform alchemy? Every episode simply raises more questions, but damn, what a great friggin show.

8. guitarsingerguy

On a final thought, there are seven deadly sins, seven homonculus, for their plans to move forward, do all seven of them have to be accounted for? Greed obviously wasn't going along with what they were planning, but for their true plan to come to fruition does a new Greed have to be born?

9. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Not necessarily, remember episode 4? Mahjhal? While it was not Ed's intent, he did take his life. This may or may NOT be adressed later ;) .

When you say girl, I suppose you mean Lyra. And did anyone find it interesting that it was LYRA who trapped Greed? Interesting, not only that...but early on the series, Ed totally schooled Lyra and handed her ass to her. Now Lyra can cripple a homunculus. Very interesting indeed ;) .

No, it was just coincidence that all 7 were around at the same time for the first time in a long time.

However...there is still ONE homunculus left unaccounted for.

We've met Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Greed, and Sloth...but...where is Pride... ? ;)

10. guitarsingerguy

I don't remember Mahjhal. And yes Lyra is who I meant. Was she faking in the earlier episode or has her alchemy knowledge grown that extensively, or was she simply given a false Philosopher's Stone by the other homonculus since they seem to have planned on Greed being there and all the other pieces falling into place. And as far as the final homonculus, I'm still sticking with my off the freakin' wall theory on who that is. I don't want to post it here because it's so damn unlikely, but Vile One knows who I'm talking about. ;)

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Before Ed joined the military, he and Al took a detour and met Mahjihal who apparently knew their father. He was actually using alchemy to kill young women in the village to use them as sacrifices to try and resurrect his dead lover using these prosthetic dolls. It turns out his lover never died, but Mahjihal's love for her was only from her superficial beauty. Mahjihal went mad and tried to kill them, but Ed using self-defense inadvertently killed him.

Well here's a question...why would Lyra have faked getting schooled by Ed at that time?

Also...what happened to Dante? Isn't she like a master alchemist that trained Izumi?

;)

12. guitarsingerguy

Oh, yeah. I do remember Mahjhal. Based on what you're saying about Lyra, I can only assume she was persuaded to aid the homonculus. Perhaps Lust took care of Dante and gave Lyra a false Philosopher's Stone and told her how to deal with Greed.

13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

That might be it...or it might be something else entirely :) .

14. guitarsingerguy

Damn you Vile. Never leave it past you to plant the seed of doubt. :p

15. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

I'm called The VILE One for a reason.

:D :p

16. PyroProductions

So is that why Lust is able to make the rings with the fake Philosopher Stones? She's just using the ones from her body?

17. rigel7soldiers

rigel7soldiers Registered

Who was that girl? The maid, that is. I know we've seen her a few times before, but I just can't remember the name.

Also, I missed the first few new episodes, so I'm completely lost.

18. guitarsingerguy

No, they're simply refined from the red liquid. Don't you remember the episode where the two boys pretending to be Ed and Al were helping that man refine the red liquid. That's how they make the incomplete red stones.

19. PyroProductions

Ah, duh. I've seen that episode several times too.

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

In case you guys forgot, they were also making incomplete stones in the 5th Laboratory using red liquid. And the red liquid was made using the lives of the prisoners. We know someone in the military is doing or is connected to this. We know Sloth, the Fuhrer's secretary, is involved with it for sure.

The maid's name was Lyra. She used to be the bodyguard for Yoki in a mining town. Ed easily defeated her. Recently she popped up again as the apprentice of Dante. But strangely enough, Dante's body was sliced in half and Lyra was able to take away the red stones from Greed's body.

21. guitarsingerguy

The more you type, the more I think my predicition may be correct.

22. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Maybe I'm trying to give you guys hints ;) .

23. PyroProductions

or maybe we're just really smart.........nah I'll stick with the you giving us hints ;)

24. guitarsingerguy

That's it! My theory is correct until proven wrong!!!!! :p

25. PyroProductions

Haha, I forgot who you told me you think it is and why....if you don't want to post it, just send it in a PM, cause it is really bothering me now. :mad: