Future Man

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
[YT]vJaUfpbEYIU[/YT]

From Executive Producers Seth Rogen (Sausage Party, Knocked Up, This is the End) and Evan Goldberg (Preacher, Sausage Party, Superbad, Knocked Up), Future Man follows a janitor by day/world-ranked gamer by night who travels through time to prevent the extinction of humanity after mysterious visitors from the future proclaim him the key to defeating the imminent super-race invasion. Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games, The Kids Are Alright) stars as Josh Futterman, an uninspired and dejected gamer who quickly becomes earth’s unlikely hero. Eliza Coupe (Happy Endings), Derek Wilson (Preacher), Ed Begley Jr. (St. Elsewhere) and Glenne Headly (Don Jon) also star.

I'm on the eighth episode now, it is exactly what I expected but the best version possible of it!
If you like Seth Rogen's work I recommend it.

Also now I demand Derek Wilson for Shatterstar.

Last edited:
I also started to watch the show up to ep07/08.
I find it funny despite the heavy cursing and crudeness ( sex jokes ) but I'm fine with this kind of humor. I like the various nods to the SF movies such as Back to the Future, J.Cameron's movies etc.

Hutcherson has range and is great with comedy, he brought here his best Michael J. Fox persona.

I half jokingly named him for Wolvie some time ago, now I'm serious.

And give Eliza Coupe a superhero franchise, like right now.

Last edited:
I wanted to add that this series has way more heart than some reviews may lead to believe.

The James Cameron episode justifies this show's existence.

I watched up until 5 or 6. I need to finish the rest eventually.

I'm all caught up with this one and I loved it!! They wrote each episode so well. It just felt like one episode may have been used as filler a bit (the one where Wolf's stuck in the 80s and Lion's in the 90s). But I have to say they rocked my socks off! 9/10.

I also did love superbad and sausage party, but I feel this one wins you over a bit. It does have a bit more heart.

I love these three goons!

maxresdefault.jpg

also was Dr. Camillo the kid from the sixth sense?

I’m gonna say 8/10 for season 2.
It lost the humor, the effects and the faster pace of the first season for the first few episodes but the story really came together for me at ep 8. That one really hit home and from then on it was pretty good. Good portrayal of what our actual future looks like. I see a bit of west world in there too

I really enjoyed Season 2 of this show. Don't know which is better as of right now, but I really can't wait for the next season, especially since it looks like they are going full The Running Man and
Seth Rogan
as a crazy game show host just sounds awesome IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"