Future TV shows from Marvel?

The question would be if Marvel wants to put DD on cable, or create an MCU crossover block on ABC. They may look at Arrow and think that tone could work for DD. If thats the case then it's more then a far cry from film.
They're already sort of planning a MCU block with Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter.

And ugh, I'd rather not have them use Arrow's tone. I like Arrow...but I have a feeling if I were a bigger fan of Green Arrow I might hate it. Making the show edgy and dark just because it involves a vigilante who kills is a pretty shallow way to go about making the show. If they make a Daredevil show I want it to have more layers than monotone edginess typical teenage mellowdrama. It should be mature and intelligent, but Arrow's style isn't the way to go about that.

Isn't Moon Knight a part of Spidey's Universe?
They've met a few times in the comics, but Moon Knight is completely seperate. Moon Knight debuted in Werewolf by Night #32 and went on to have his own series a few times. Either way, even if Moon Knight first appeared in a spidey comic, I would think the rights would be Marvel's, not Sony's. Punisher debuted in ASM #129, Cloak and Dagger first appeared in a Spidey comic as did the New Warriors which included Nova, all which are at Marvel Studios. I sure Sony only has rights to Spidey, his villains and only his closest allies( Prowler, Puma, Black Cat, etc.)

I agree that Daredevil deserves the big screen treatment.Heroes for Hire might be a good fit on TV,but are they going to screw around with it?(Iron Fist without a mask and so on.)

From Animation, Merchandise and Comics. Same can or does apply to X-Men

Every mutant in the Marvel Universe combined does not come close to the profit generating capacity of Spidey. Which is why they have no presence (with the exception of Wolverine) on Disney XD's animation programs and why Marvel is pushing the Inhumans as a replacement for "born this way" superheroes.

a 21st century Ally McBeal type show with She-Hulk has a lot of potential, MS and ABC should consider this.

Every mutant in the Marvel Universe combined does not come close to the profit generating capacity of Spidey. Which is why they have no presence (with the exception of Wolverine) on Disney XD's animation programs and why Marvel is pushing the Inhumans as a replacement for "born this way" superheroes.

X-Men have consistenly been a hufe Marvel franchise, perhaps second only to Spidey in the MU.

The comics have been among the top selling for decades, they've had the most cartoons and videogames over the years, than any other than Spidey.

X-Men has got easy profit generation capacity. If utilised.

Last edited:
X-men comics actually outsold Spidey for years and I feel more people attached themselves to the 90's cartoon than to Spidey's 90's cartoon. The X-men have slipped in popularity a little lately, but they are still some of Marvel's most recognizable characters.

DD and Heroes for Hire need to be on the big screen. C'mon guys don't trivialize these characters to weekly fixes on network TV like a cheesy comicbook strip; these characters are above that. And we know Marvel won't give these characters the time or day to appear on subscription television, so forget HBO and Showtime. There are Marvel characters that work best on television, but not Cage, DD, and Fist. Those are clearly high C-list Marvel characters that can do damage at the box office with the proper care and appropriate budget.

I think DD, HFH and the street levels would work just fine in a *cable* TV setting, far from the vanilla standards & practices the networks have to enforce on AOS and any others on ABC/Disney. I luh-huvs me some Daredevil, but I don't agree that his story *has* to be told on the big screen. The street level heroes have compelling stories, but there's nothing in them that is particularly epic in scope, or that would require a 150 million+ budget.

Ideally, I'd love to see an anthology series called "Marvel Knights" on a cable channel, a show that could get away with the language, adult situations, violence and grit that we'll most likely never see in a show like AOS. Set it in the MCU, and have revolving storylines focusing alternately on Daredevil, Elektra, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Blade, Punisher, and even Ghost Rider.

X-Men have consistenly been a hufe Marvel franchise, perhaps second only to Spidey in the MU.

The comics have been among the top selling for decades, they've had the most cartoons and videogames over the years, than any other than Spidey.

X-Men has got easy profit generation capacity. If utilised.

Disney/Marvel certainly could profit from additional exploitation of the X-Men IP. But given their recent track record of turning characters previously thought of as B-List into major box office draws, it makes much more sense for the studio to focus their time and money on the ones they completely control such as Guardians, SHIELD and Inhumans.

Marvel Studios is too busy with other major films, i think they should do a TV show for Daredevil instead, i think the medium fits him better

Can you imagine Daredevil Born Again, but played out over an entire season. It could be awesome.

Mark Waid said that Daredevil is "tailor made" for television.

What would be left for them to do in movies though?
They don't need to make a movie and they probably don't have plans to do so anytime soon. With a TV show we FINALLY get the Daredevil focus we and the character deserves with tons of time to explore the character and his world. Daredevil doesn't require a ton o special effects so being deadset on making a movie out of him is pointless.

We could also potentially see Elektra, The Hand, Stick, White Tiger, Luke Cage, Karen Page, etc all get development and be awesome.

Yeah they can bring in a lot of street level Marvel characters through a Daredevil show. Even Moon Knight and Punisher.

What would be left for them to do in movies though?

The more "four-color" Avenger and cosmic and uber types. Black Panther, Ms./Captain Marvel, Nova, The Inhumans, Dr. Strange, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Namor, Hercules.....not to mention any planned sequels to the franchises already out there, like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and GOTG.

There almost needs to be a separation between the street-level Marvel Knights-type heroes and the Avenger-levels. Yes, have them share the same universe, but have the small-screen MK be crimefighters and vigilantes, as they historically have been in the comics, while the supers on the big screen do all the "heavy lifting" and saving the Earth and such.

The time is right for a Daredevil show. Law and Order hasn't had a courtroom-centric series in years, Breaking Bad is bowing out next week, you got shows like The Good Wife and Suits doing decently, and Arrow is sort of paving the way for street level superheroes.

The time is right for a Daredevil show. Law and Order hasn't had a courtroom-centric series in years, Breaking Bad is bowing out next week, you got shows like The Good Wife and Suits doing decently, and Arrow is sort of paving the way for street level superheroes.

Yes. I would love to see Daredevil, Moon Knight, White Tiger and Heroes for Hire.

The more "four-color" Avenger and cosmic and uber types. Black Panther, Ms./Captain Marvel, Nova, The Inhumans, Dr. Strange, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Namor, Hercules.....not to mention any planned sequels to the franchises already out there, like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and GOTG.

There almost needs to be a separation between the street-level Marvel Knights-type heroes and the Avenger-levels. Yes, have them share the same universe, but have the small-screen MK be crimefighters and vigilantes, as they historically have been in the comics, while the supers on the big screen do all the "heavy lifting" and saving the Earth and such.

The reason why I love the Heroes for Hire concept is that it is a much more realistic depiction of street level heroes than the vigilante model. Unless you are a trust fund baby like Bruce Wayne or Ollie Queen, you are first going to use your powers, skills, and or weaponry to earn a living. It also removes the "who is that masked man?" silliness in an age when anyone armed with a smart phone should be able to decifer the identity of the city's silent protector.

In my ideal HFH show, there's one vigilante - Daredevil. He predates Iron Man in the MCU, his identity is an "open secret" and he was recruited by (and turned down) membership in the Avengers. Matt is about a decade older than Luke and Danny, and offers both legal and superhero advice - though he never comes out and admits he and DD are the same guy. He can take out both of them single handedly in combat and then help them adjust their fighting styles in order to fare better in future altercations. I would rather have DD be an awesome side character on HFH than have him just be Batman without the money, vehicles, batcave and A list rogues gallery.

I would rather have DD be an awesome side character on HFH than have him just be Batman without the money, vehicles, batcave and A list rogues gallery.

But that's what makes Daredevil who he is...It's what a lot of people love about him. I want to see him try and take down the NYC mob, pure and simple. Throw in some assasins on the side and we have a winner, particularily on cable. I don't need more then that when it comes to him. And I certainly don't want him being a side character, unless he's part of a spin-off down the line. I like your idea, just not long term.

It's sad people have lost respect for the secret identity.

It's a key part of superhero culture

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"