FXs new drama - Justified - starring Timothy Olyphant - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]334907[/split]

2. BlackLantern Registered

premieres March 16

the character of Raylan Givens is a character created by Elmore Leonard and has appeared in two novels and a short story

3. Rez Registered

Characters dropping in and out of this show are nothing new.. remember how long we had to wait to see him in the wheelchair in season 2? Up 'till then I and everyone else figured he was dead.

This was a magnificent finale to my favorite show. Going to hate the 8 month wait until the next season. Going to go into a long depression in a couple of years when the show is over.

And I'm going to throw this out there now as a possible ending trajectory: Ava winds up on the run as a fugitive at some point in season 5, and Raylan winds up being the one to find her, kills her in the exchange(probably right after she and Boyd get married).

Which sets up the epic Boyd vs. Raylan season 6.

4. Rowsdower! Registered

Such a great finale. I loved Winona teaming up with Raylan to shoot up those thugs. I guess that's all you need to do to make a character likeable again... just hand her a gun and have her cap some bad guys. :D

Man, I really hate that one dirty cop. What's his name? Mooney? I can't wait to see Boyd kill him next season. That HAS to happen. Same with that arrogant old fart from Perfect Strangers. Boyd needs to kill 'em all and take Harlan over for good.

5. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

That was a close one for Winona & the baby.

What a fitting ending for that prick Nicky.

Aww, poor Ava. Paxton, Mooney and church girl or whatever her name is better grow a 3rd eye behind their head. Here comes Boyd Crowder!

#5 X-Ray, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

I kinda hoped they were setting Nicky up to be the big bad next year. That scene with him and Raylan in the limo was EXCELLENT and if he had ended up not dying that threat wouldn't have seemed at all so idle. That part was great. It really mirrored the opening scene of the pilot but what I did love was that Nicky was a straight G about ****. "I don't have a gun don't want one if I wanna kill your family I'm gonna say 'I'm gone kill your family!" Which if he'd had lived would've been great because that scene would have been given just soooo much more weight and really shown Nicky to not be messed with. I loved how he didn't go for a gun too. It's in stark contrast to Raylan as a character and like I said if he hadn't been killed it would have made him seem like an incredible threat plus, we could have had a Detroit turf war going with Sammy and Nicky spilling over into Ky and all that. I honestly feel they wasted some good potential there. But on with it! Let's get Limehouse and yes even Dewey Crowe back into the mix next year cuz they were sorely missed this year when preacher man and hill people really didn't factor in as much as I previously thought, they were just catalysts for bigger things, like Colt. Damn, I miss Colt. And Bob better ****ing be back next year damn it! And as a ****ing regular!! Lol maybe that's pushing it though

7. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Yeah I was sorry to see Colt go myself, even though he was unraveling quickly.

8. georgec Not a hero

9. squeekness The mighty squeek!

10. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

See I dunno how I feel about that part either. That was pretty damn harsh

11. Rowsdower! Registered

Harsh? The guy was going to kill Raylan's wife and unborn son. He got what he deserved.

12. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P) (he/him)

Harsh on who? Raylan told him. He didn't believe him. Also, he died because he was going to kill his new boss.

13. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

I'm meaning Raylan setting him up to get murdered. That kinda takes him out of hero status in my eyes. That's something I wouldn't really expect from Raylan.

14. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P) (he/him)

He is Arlo's son. This is the same guy who did what he did to Tommy Bucks.

15. DrDoom Dictator

Daughter

16. Liam_H Registered

Raylan being the 'hero' has been abandoned a long time ago. Many people have told him he's just a criminal with a badge. He would rather you pull on him so he can shoot you than take you in.

17. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P) (he/him)

Raylan is a hero. He is just an old school lawman as well. Raylan would take every criminal in if they went willingly. He shots the ones he has to. Even with Tommy Bucks.

18. georgec Not a hero

Raylan's a good guy with sometimes questionable methods. But at the end of the day he's doing his job.

19. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

He just sat Nicky up to be murdered. I don't find that at all heroic. That being said, I agree with what he did honestly I'd have done the same. I just expected more from Raylan. That's Vic Mackey territory IMO.

20. Rez Registered

That is the point of the show since the pilot. Boyd called him out on it in the car ride over, too.

21. CrypticOne Poetic Violence

I hope the final season isn't Raylan VS Boyd. I hope its Raylan and Boyd against the world. Its pretty obvious to set up Raylan VS Boyd, in my opinion. Or maybe next season, they will have a storyline in which Boyd dies saving Raylan and in Season Six, Raylan goes on a revenge path, Punisher style. HAHA! Just kidding.

22. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

This ^^^^^^^

I love the idea of Raylan and Boyd teaming up but then after they've been teamed up like all season circumstances turn them against each other yet again and THEN is when you have their showdown

23. Marvolo Registered

I think last night was an indication that boyd and raylan will have their moment to stand side by side. I think raylan is becoming disillusioned about being a lawman. The law can't do it all. Sometimes you gotta work around it. Personally I'd love a final butch and sundance moment of them having a last stand together but I don't think that will happen.

24. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P) (he/him)

I hope this show ends with Raylan putting Boyd in the ground. What should of happened in the pilot.

25. rashad Hype Board Junkie

Dave Alvin - Never Leave Harlan Alive (Justified S4 Version)
    [YT]4RqQMTSf_nM[/YT]