FXs new drama - Justified - starring Timothy Olyphant

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by BlackLantern, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus One

Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

At first I thought this show seemed really episodic, but after the last couple weeks this has slowly become one of the best shows on tv. I love the contrasts between Raylan/Boyd and Arlo/Beau. I absolutely cant wait to see how the last 2 eps turn out now. On another note I gotta say I really think that Boyd has found god but, that doesn't necessarily mean he has changed. It's very obvious that he is willing to do whatever it takes to meet his own ends, but it is also very evident that something in him has changed since he decided not to kill Dewey

2. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Well-Known Member

I think i'll try this series......whenever it comes out on dvd.

3. KALEL114

KALEL114 Impending Return

Great finale. This was the best new show this year and I'm glad it got picked up for a second season. I hope those who have not seen it yet, find a way to check it out.

4. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

Dang, Boyd went from being the scummiest bastard in the world to incredibly sympathetic. What a great character arc.

5. KALEL114

What a great season period. I am so glad I gave this show a chance. It almost flew under my radar. The entire cabin scene was brilliant. I can't wait for the next season to start.

6. Maximus One

I was the same way man. I dvred the pilot and waited almost a week before I watched it and was blown away! I gotta say it though Walton Goggins is quickly becoming a truly outstanding actor. He has trully blown away anything I've seen of him on The Shield allready on this show. Granted I didnt watch all of The Shield

7. Maximus One

Anyways.... Yea the finale was great although I was really disappointed that Bo is outta the picture this soon. Woulda been real interesting if he had lived and was now on the hunt for Boyd and dude from Miami

8. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

Just watched the finale and man it was great.

I loved how Boyd changed from the beginning of the season to the end. The actor that played him was amazing and definitely one of my favorite characters on the show.

There were so many great moments in the finale and it was good to see Raylan shooting people again. I also absolutely love Raylan's ex-wife. She is freaking hot and I can't wait to see where that story goes. I hope Boyd comes back next season.

9. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Fantastic finale, everything was just pitch perfect. I was a bit surprised they wrapped up the whole Crowder issue, although I expect Boyd to be back, however I am thinking they will be going in a new direction in season 2, maybe a case Winona gets involved in brings her into danger and thus Raylan into the mix, plus there is a lot for Raylan and Arlo to sort out. The shootout at the end was brilliant oldschool stuff! :woot:

Walton Goggins deserves an Emmy nomination for his work as Boyd, I mean it was a great arc he was written but man did he deliver it superbly!

Btw does anyone know the name of the song played at the end as Boyd drove off and Raylan pointed his gun at the car before turning it in his hand?

10. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Found it! The song is "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" by Brad Paisley.

11. KALEL114

I was just about to post it for you. How fitting of a song is that?:up:

[YT]2k5dMrXh4jw[/YT]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Really good finale. Everyone's story continues, but the overall villain arch of the season has changed.

13. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Literary elitist

Fantastic season with a fantastic finale.

14. El Bastardo

Also, damn right Walton Goggins is a fantastic actor. He was probably the best on The Shield, too, even during the seasons where The Shield had movie actor cameos.

Elmore Leonard apparently hates the hat they chose for Raylan on the show, and that's a huge part as to why it was slowly but surely phased out as the episodes went on.

15. Asgard

Asgard Kanga Fu

Was Boyd ever really racist, or was it just an act to join up with that group? His change to a God fearing man was pretty fast, but I like it.

Winona split with Gary pretty quickly. It seemed like in the ep where Raylan saved him from that gangster, that Winona was really in love with him and wanted to create a future together.

The closing song was perfect. Was it written specifically for the show?

I really dig this series. Its a great combination of comedy/drama and Timothy has really great timing and facial expressions.

16. Maximus One

I really miss the hat. Theres something uber-badass about how well Olyphant makes it look. It doesnt seem cheesy or nuthin to me. I am from KY though. It blows here lol

17. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

I really miss the hat also and every time I watch the show and Raylan doesn't have it on it really takes away from the character.

I too was surprised at how fast Wynona and Gary split. I'm sure we'll find out when Raylan and Wynona have the "talk".

I don't think Boyd was really a neo-nazi, racist pig. It was just another scam to do the things he did. His cousin Johnny calls him out on that in one of the episodes.
    Couldn't agree more.

18. Maximus One

Yea Walton has really surprised me on this show. Like I said I never saw too much of The Shield. For some reason though I would really love to see how well he could do some comedic roles.

19. The Apatow Crew

The Apatow Crew Well-Known Member

A great finale to a great first season.

I'm glad its coming back. which should prolly be what? Next year?

Olyphant has go to shoot that big movie coming up soon. I am 4, I think its called.

20. Asgard

Asgard Kanga Fu

I think its a sci fi movie. Ill probably check it out.

Also, the hat really does complete the Raylan Givens character. It just takes Raylan's badass level to the nth degree.

21. The Apatow Crew

The Apatow Crew Well-Known Member

Its a movie about teenage Aliens. And he is taking over for someone who left the project.

And yeah, it does. I like the ep where he was drunk and the two guys he was fighting took his hat.

22. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

I think we need to start a petition to save his hat. :o

23. Holiday

Holiday Celebrate

I'd find it pretty silly if they got rid of the hat after they did the recent ep with a subplot being Raylan trying to get it back because it's important to him.

I think he looks cooler with it, personally.

24. El Bastardo

Everything'd be peachy if they just used the right hat.

25. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

Remember the contest before the show came out? It was to win Raylan's outfit. Do you think the guy who won that outfit puts it on and watches Justified every tuesday night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.