FX's The Americans

The funny thing is he may have no idea why he is being beat up since Phillip wore a disguise.

Probably! lol I told my brother about the show and he checked it out...he liked it but didn't understand the scene of the guy attacking the guy barbecuing. I explained to him...oh that's Phillip he was in a disguise! Remember the part in the mall where his daughter got hit on...

Its probably to far fetched but it wouldnt suprise me if the FBI Agents wife is also a sleeper agent.

Everyone's going to turn out to be a damn agent.

Ok. This is officially my new favorite show of the year. Its INCREDIBLE.

I thought this was another great episode.

Its probably to far fetched but it wouldnt suprise me if the FBI Agents wife is also a sleeper agent.

Haha Im glad Im not the only one thinking that. A show like this almost demands a twist like that. You gotta rock the good guys world at some point and bring him down a notch. Ive also wondered about his partner.

I liked the fact we were exposed to both sides (the Jennings and FBI) had to resort to dirty tactics to get what they needed.

This and The Following have both been great so far. The premiere of Do No Harm on NBC last week was pretty great too. Hopefully all three shows keep up this quality

Good episode, but I cared much more about the scenes with the caviar than the scenes with the clock.

Loved the 2nd episode, one thing I noticed is that in this episode Phillip and Elizabeths roles seemed kinda reversed in this one compared to the first episode (with Phillip now been a more cold blooded than he was in the first episode and Elizabeth actually showing some feelings for her kids)

This episode didnt do as much for me as the last. Hopefully it picks itself up next week.

Its cause there wasn't really much tension with the spy stuff. Did anyone really think she wasn't going to put the clock back. Granted if she didn't it would have been interested to see where it went.

This episode didnt do as much for me as the last. Hopefully it picks itself up next week.

I had no issues with this episode, I loved it just as much as the first one, infact I thought that this episode could have also have been used as its pilot episode.

Loved the 2nd episode, one thing I noticed is that in this episode Phillip and Elizabeths roles seemed kinda reversed in this one compared to the first episode (with Phillip now been a more cold blooded than he was in the first episode and Elizabeth actually showing some feelings for her kids)

I saw it as Phillip being the same. If he has to push hard for the mission, he will. But hurting civilians isn't something he likes. And with Elizabeth, she's still growing and opening up when it comes to how she feels about her family.

Its cause there wasn't really much tension with the spy stuff. Did anyone really think she wasn't going to put the clock back. Granted if she didn't it would have been interested to see where it went.

The lack of tension was definitely it. And I didn;t really care how quickly Russell's character has turned into a mother/wife. I liked her "spy to the end/mother russia comes first" attitude in the pilot. She seemed American even when she was with her husband behind the scenes.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the second episode, I love the complexity of Phillip and Elizabeth, they are not easy protagonists to sell to an audience but their emotions and conflict feels authentic. Their relationship still feels undefined to me which is something I imagine will develop throughout the season even if it does beg the question of how it's took so long for them to get closer.

One thing I do like is the oldschool spycraft and how effective the simple disguises are

I liked the fact we were exposed to both sides (the Jennings and FBI) had to resort to dirty tactics to get what they needed.

As do I but I think this may be the one thing that could see the show struggle to maintain it's ratings.

This and The Following have both been great so far. The premiere of Do No Harm on NBC last week was pretty great too. Hopefully all three shows keep up this quality

About that....

Do No Harm is cancelled after two incredibly low rated episodes and The Americans' second episode tied DNH in the demo, a 0.8. That's deadly for the broadcast networks and a concern for FX.

The Americans lost over a million viewers for the second episode and if it hits a 0.5 or below for a stretch of episodes then FX won't renew it.

The show is more Breaking Bad then it is Homeland which I'm fine with. The Cold War has long been over but do you think a certain segment of TV viewers just can't watch a show about Russian spies in the early 1980s? I was born in the mid 80s and Canadian so I have no problem enjoying the show.

About that....

Do No Harm is cancelled after two incredibly low rated episodes and The Americans' second episode tied DNH in the demo, a 0.8. That's deadly for the broadcast networks and a concern for FX.

The Americans lost over a million viewers for the second episode and if it hits a 0.5 or below for a stretch of episodes then FX won't renew it.

The show is more Breaking Bad then it is Homeland which I'm fine with. The Cold War has long been over but do you think a certain segment of TV viewers just can't watch a show about Russian spies in the early 1980s? I was born in the mid 80s and Canadian so I have no problem enjoying the show.

Wow Thats terrible for an FX show. Its going to need to do a 180 to survive. I dont see that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"