FX's The Bridge

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Deadline:
Diane Kruger To Star In FX Pilot ‘The Bridge’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

In her U.S. series debut, Inglourious Basterds actress Diane Kruger is set as the female lead of FX’s drama pilot The Bridge, directed by Mexican director Gerardo Naranjo (Miss Bala).

Adapted from the Scandinavian series Bron/Broen, The Bridge centers on two detectives from the United States and Mexico – El Paso Police Homicide Detective Sonya North (Kruger) and Marco Ruiz — who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the American-Mexican border. Sonya North is described as a dogged cop who lacks tact, warmth and empathy. Shockingly candid, she calls the world like she sees it – which can be off-putting to her colleagues, but also refreshing and funny. The Bridge was adapted for American television by Meredith Stiehm (Homeland) and Elwood Reid (Hawaii Five-0) who executive produce alongside Carolyn Bernstein, Lars Blomgren and Jane Featherstone. The Bridge, a co-production of Shine America and FX Prods., begins production this fall in El Paso and Los Angeles.

German-born actress Kruger got her Hollywood break when she was cast as Helen in Troy opposite Brad Pitt. She went on to star opposite Nicolas Cage in the National Treasure franchise, Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds and, most recently, playing Marie Antoinette in Benoît Jacquot’s film Farewell, My Queen which opened the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. She will next be seen in Special Forces, The Host and the Terrence Malick-produced Green Blades Rising.
Demian Bichir, Annabeth Gish And Ted Levine Cast In FX Drama Pilot ‘The Bridge’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Demian Bichir is set as the male lead opposite Diane Kruger in FX’s drama pilot The Bridge, directed by Mexican director Gerardo Naranjo (Miss Bala). Also cast in the project, an adaptation of the Scandinavian series Bron/Broen, are Annabeth Gish and Ted Levine. The Bridge centers on two detectives from the U.S. and Mexico — El Paso Police Homicide Detective Sonya North (Kruger) and Marco Ruiz (Bichir) — who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border. Ruiz is described as a family man and one of the last good men in a corrupt and apathetic police force that is outgunned by the powerful drug cartels. Gish will play Charlotte, a wealthy ranch wife suddenly widowed when her older husband suffers a massive heart attack while on the Mexican side of the border. She soon learns that her late husband had many shocking secrets. Monk alum Levine will play Sonya’s Lieutenant at the El Paso Police Department, a veteran cop with a weathered cowboy swagger.

CAA-repped Bichir was nominated for an Oscar this year for his lead role in A Better Life. This marks the Mexican-born actor’s second U.S. series following his stint on Showtime’s Weeds. Gish, repped by Innovative and Thruline Entertainment, recurs on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars. Levine, managed by Robbie Kass, recently recurred on HBO’s Luck.

The Bridge was adapted for American television by Meredith Stiehm (Homeland) and Elwood Reid (Hawaii Five-0) who executive produce alongside Carolyn Bernstein, Lars Blomgren and Jane Featherstone. The Bridge, a co-production of Shine America and FX Prods, begins production in the fall in El Paso and Los Angeles.
This cast is really shaping up. This could be pretty great. If it goes to series, I'll watch. :up:

Plus, dat Kruger. :atp:

I'll pretty much watch anything on FX at this point. They know how to create terrific television.

When I saw the title, I immediately thought of IASIP.

I watched the Scandinavian version on BBC 4 last year.

How many versions of this show are they bloody making? There is already a British/French version called The Tunnel being made as well.

But fans of hit BBC4 Swedish/Danish import The Bridge will be relieved to hear that a UK remake for Sky Atlantic does keep one essential ingredient: the subtitles.

The Tunnel, the working title for a new 10-part Anglo-French co-production based on The Bridge format, is expected on screen later this year, with production on the Sky Atlantic and Canal+ collaboration due to commence shortly.

Folkestone and Calais will fill in for Copenhagen and Malmö, and the series will be bilingual – which producers claim will be a first in broadcasting for the UK and France – with subtitles for viewers less than fluent in their neighbour country's language. (No word on how the characters are going to overcome the language barrier).

When a prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the UK and France, presumably under the sea, detectives Karl Roebuck and Elise Wassermann are sent to investigate. As with the Scandinavian original, the police are forced into an uneasy international alliance after a shocking crime scene discovery.

Adapted by an Anglo-French team led by Spooks, Party Animals and Outcasts writer Ben Richards, and made by Kudos and Shine France Films, The Tunnel is set against the backdrop of Europe in crisis, with the killer using elaborate methods to highlight the moral bankruptcy of modern society.

[YT]rt2CkK06nLI[/YT]

I saw a very brief preview for this I think while I was watching Justified, and had no idea what it was going to be. The preview was the first I'd ever heard of this show lol.

[YT]5XYhZQR4XME[/YT]

Looks good, I'm in! 13 episodes this summer?

I'm gonna give it a shot. Hopefully it hooks me unlike The Americans.

Premiere tonight! I can't wait. Hopefully this will be good and help fill the void in my life that will exist after Breaking Bad ends.

I'm excited. This is the first thing I'll have watched live in a while. The Newsroom comes back Sunday too. I'm exited for that as well.

heard great things about the show and the cast & premise have me very interested

won't be able to watch it tonight, but i'm gonna DVR it to watch tomorrow

The Bridge - Full Trailer
[YT]_v9H-Rk0s4o[/YT]

I think I'll give this a watch tonight. Not sure what to expect but the buzz has been fairly positive.

Love me some quality FX programming. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"