Gainax's Newest: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Seriously)

Tron Bonne

All Ass, No Sass
Reaction score
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-05-06/gainax-newest-is-panty-and-stocking-with-garterbelt

The June issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is revealing on Monday that the Gainax anime studio's new work is titled Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Dead Leaves) is directing the project with assistant director Masahiko Otsuka (FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Pom Poko.) As revealed at the Gurren Lagann Parallel Works 2 event on Tuesday, Atsushi Nishigori (Gurren Lagann) is the main character designer of the new anime, and another Gurren Lagann veteran, Yoh Yoshinari, is drawing the concept art. [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]Designer[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Shigeto Koyama (Eureka Seven, Gunbuster 2, Gurren Lagann) is acting as a "coordinator." The story centers around a teen-celebrity-like blond-haired girl named [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]Panty[/COLOR][/COLOR]
and a black-haired Goth Loli girl named Stocking. The two are angels sent from the heavens to battle the "Ghosts" on Earth

noyckh.jpg

Okay, yeah, very much a :huh: name going there, but I figured this was worth note seeing how it's Gainax. Though they have been branching off a lot in manga adaptation, their original series remain some of the best and more energizing in the business easily. This looks like a different approach than previous series animation wise (if this art is representative of how the art will be in the show), but I actually like it. I get a heavy Powerpuff Girls vibe from it

Wow, this board is even deader than I thought when no one posts in a thread about an original Gainax show

Well, despite the fact that it seems no one has interest, I will go ahead and post that the site crunchyroll with be having simulcasts of the episodes. Basically, if you're a premium member they put the episode up just a few hours after its broadcast in Japan in HD, and if you're a regular member, it's available a week afterward. Here's the site:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/pantystocking

Though, do be warned, those inappropriate warnings they have before the videos are definitely warranted: This is a very vulgar show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"