Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman or Brie Larson as Captain Marvel ?

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Batmannerism, Mar 7, 2019.

?

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman vs Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

1. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

67 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

19 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Tie, both are equal

9 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Too different to compare

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Are you implying that Gal Gadot is simpleminded/obtuse? :funny: Cuz if so, I'm not sure how that's a dig on Brie Larson

2. Black Narcissus

Nah, I'm simply playing into the view that one is seen as charming and welcoming, and the other is seen as the leader of anti Men campaigns. Both shallow pov. But if we do want to keep it shallow, who would you rather have a beer with? Thus, I voted for miss Gadot. I hope this answer finds you well and the mist of your baldness shines upon your face and the wings of destiny fly with your once full set of hair.

I Am The Knight and KRYPTON INC. like this.
  3. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I agree completely with this.

It's strange that such a powerhouse actor such as Larson would be so weak in this role. I don't know whose fault it was. I think it's really a result of the script and Larson herself.

Gadot may be the weaker actor overall, but she was born for this role. I definitely can't say that about Larson. Maybe Endgame will change my mind.

Milk Tray Guy likes this.
  4. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

Okay, Endgame SPOILER alert..

Captain Marvel plays a small but significant role in Endgame, but it's a better performance from BL, not so forced, she basically comes off as the MCU version of Superman.

5. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

After Endgame....still Gal.

6. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Registered

After Endgame, im still going with Gal. Brie does fine, but I think Gal has much more of an impact as Wonder Woman than Brie does as Carol. There's something so charming and honest about Gals performance that i just love so much.

7. Another_Fool

Another_Fool Registered

After Endgame, its proof that Brie just needs a better script and director. She'll be fine in future installments if those two things are better in her subsequent sequels.

However, it's still Gal for me.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  8. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

[​IMG]

Post-Endgame... I still prefer Gal as Diana more.

Spider-Aziz and Dark Raven like this.
  9. brandeezy89

brandeezy89 Registered

After End Game....still Gal as Diana

10. Black Narcissus

I have not seen CM yet, but Brie left me cold.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  11. Asr

Asr Registered

After just seeing Endgame (and CM last month): Gadot as WW is so much better than Larson was as CM. Gadot has charisma and personality in spades, and her movie was done much better too. I'm still not understanding what Marvel saw in Larson to cast her as CM, still seems like a total mis-cast to me. I can think of plenty of other actresses who could've done exactly what Larson did, except better.

12. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

The issue with Brie Larson is that she's playing a bad adaptation of the character she's been hired to play. If she were playing a good adaptation, much less people would have a problem with her.

It's not her fault that Marvel Studios are mostly garbage when it comes to female characters, as they've proven once again with Endgame.

13. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Registered

I don’t think it’s fair for me to compare them just yet, but I thought Larson was pretty bad in Endgame. She had zero charisma and her delivery was awkward.

14. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Brie Larson is a comedic/dramatic actress, not an action star. Striking poses and delivering badass lines is not what she excels at. I hope the writers/directors of her future MCU movies will keep that in mind.

15. Predator jp

Predator jp blast from the past

Brie has wider range than Gal and is overall better actor but Gal excels at being badass who is charismatic and charming at same time.

16. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I'm really beginning to believe that Marvel messed up with their scheduling of the filming of CM, IW, and EG since it seems to have impacted her appearances and receptions in both CM and EG.

17. Adhesive Boy

Adhesive Boy Registered

Captain Marvel didn't do much in Endgame, but at least Brie still hasn't shown any downright awful acting like Gadot has as WW.

18. LibidoLoca

19. jmc

jmc away for a while

Post Endgame it's Gal by a factor of about 100. Larson is IMO being wasted as CM because it's become evident to me Marvel had no plan for the character in either her own movie or in Endgame. I've slowly become convinced Marvel only brought CM on screen out of some sense of obligation, not because there was an interesting story or character there. I'm reeeeeally hoping next WW84 takes WW to a new level with Cheetah involved. I'm asking a lot I know but I'm really wanting Joker levels of execution with Cheetah.

20. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

That may be so, but at the end of the day its about quality not quantity. Gal may have had some duff moments, but she's also had many good ones. Cannot say the same for Larson. She's decent at best in the role, whereas Gal has shown many moments of greatness. I think its fair to say Gal has overall left a good impression on audiences, in spite of some shoddy acting moments.

21. LibidoLoca

I recall some speculating another Civil War situation was at work here. Once they saw WB/DC were doing Wonder Woman, Marvel felt the need to push out their big female superhero to match her.

22. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Brie's appearance in EndGame is no better or worse than Gal's appearance in Batman v Superman, only Endgame is a hell of a lot better movie than BvS. I think Brie got way more crap for her role in CM than Gal did for WW, and there was quite a bit of backlash when she was originally cast. You can argue which film is better, but CM just passed WW in total domestic box office for a film that wasn't released in Summer and did way better in overall box office. Not to say that means the film is better, but people clearly like and accept this character. I thought her role in EG works. The focus was on the original 6 Avengers, her role is a cameo and no different than WW in BvS, and Gal's performance was terrible in BvS and probably worse in Justice League. I still cringe at "KAL NO!"

Spider-Fan likes this.
  23. Adhesive Boy

Adhesive Boy Registered

When you mix in utter crap scenes you break the suspension of disbelief, which is disruptive to the experience. It makes you realize it's an actor reading lines, and Gal is caught acting here and there. Breaking the illusion is the main sin in movie making. I won't agree that Gal has done anything that approaches greatness. She isn't given material to even try to be great, which makes sense since she can't handle it.

I'd say that Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen could be said to have given some high level acting performances in some moments with their characters. Not Gadot though. Not Brie either, but she has at least not sucked at any point.

24. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Name one scene in WW where she is disruptive by being utter crap. BvS she is predominately a background character, and JL yes she has some duff moments. But at the end of the day you weigh up a performance on the whole, rather than individual moments. Much like a movie. A great movie can still have some dud scenes, but overall if the movie works, then it works.

25. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

I still haven't seen Wonder Woman, but she left a really good impression on me watching her moments during a terrible movie. Trailers for Wonder Woman alone made me love the character.

I don't feel impressed in what little I saw of Brie as Carol, still not encouraged to cheer for her.