Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman or Brie Larson as Captain Marvel ?

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Batmannerism, Mar 7, 2019.

?

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman vs Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

1. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

67 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

19 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Tie, both are equal

9 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. Too different to compare

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ninjablade Not as bad as it looks

@Batmannerism I don't know if I would agree with that statement, though that's getting into a more philosophical discussion on the nature of objectivity. Would totally be open to talking about it in pms if you'd like, would make for an interesting discussion. Don't want to derail your thread further :funny:

Batmannerism likes this.
  2. Jh7058622 Registered

Yeah that's why I gave up. This thread has been derailed too much today. :funny:

Ninjablade and Batmannerism like this.
  3. Batmannerism Super-unknown

On that note I'm rather surprised by poll results. I thought BL would get a lot more love.

4. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

I'm actually the complete opposite of this. I thought Captain Marvel was the better movie (if nothing else it didn't have that abysmal third act and villains straight out of Rocky and Bullwinkle that don't fit the tone of the rest of the movie), but I thought Gadot was better.

Batmannerism likes this.
  5. Batmannerism Super-unknown

I agree with all of that - I hadn't until you mentioned it realised the Rocky and Bullwinkle similarity, which is now hilarious !

Kahran Ramsus likes this.
  6. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Thank you for the offer - and for withdrawing from the objective/subjective debate which is kind of a meta theme of the entire Superhero Hype forum.

I might PM you sometime to discuss how objective and subjective analyses are used in legal tests ( e.g. recklessness, self defence, contract formation) but I'm a bit braindead today.

Cheers.:oldrazz:

Ninjablade likes this.
  7. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

I'd agree there. Gina Carano has the more legitimate background, but Danai has the look, the skills, and an elite level of acting ability. She's the complete package.

Mjolnir Reborn and Batmannerism like this.
  8. m1ll3r Registered

Larson is the better actress, but is a charisma void. Gadot is a poor actress, but has charisma by the bucketload.

Wonder Woman is the better character, although Captain Marvel is more powerful.

Wonder Woman is the better movie, but not by much due to the awful third act.

Batmannerism likes this.
  9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Should've gotten Lily James as Carol. She has charisma and is charming. I think they wanted not just an Oscar winner though but a strong feminist who would make all the kinds of statements Brie did.

Batmannerism likes this.
  10. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Danai doesn't hold a candle to Gina C when it comes to kicking ass, nobody does , she's awesome. I've watched Haywire just to see her beat up Fassbender and Tatum.
    She also has an amazing smile.

GG is no slouch though and would have some pretty nifty skills from her IDF days.

11. Batmannerism Super-unknown

I think they should have gone for broke and got JLaw - she would have been funny as well as tough, and wouldn't have seemed as forced.

12. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Lily James can still play Sue Storm. But JLaw is a huge No-No

jolldan and Dark Raven like this.
  13. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Honestly I do like them both. What I really like is how different they are from one another.

I see Carol as being a tough, sassy, snarky, party girl but also with a lot of grit in pursuing her dreams.

Where Diana is elegant, single-minded, force for good, she has pomp and grace but also dedicated no-nonsense fighter.

Both strong, but both very different. Neither one is like, a silver tongue or a seductress the way Black Widow is. Gamora is the wonder woman of the mcu. Carol is somewhere in between Widow and Wasp.

14. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

As far as the movies themselves are concerned, wonder woman is probably better right up until the final battle. Because of that battle, Captain Marvel may get the edge up on it as a whole. Not sure yet. I'll think on it.

Batmannerism likes this.
  15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Yeah. We don't need JLaw being the main heroine of both the Fox universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She would bring the onset of superhero fatigue.

Marvel united likes this.
  16. Speed Force Goober

I love Lily James but she would have been a terrible fit for Carol. I could see her playing Sue Storm though

17. Batmannerism Super-unknown

What ? JLaw has the acting chops and was kicking ass long before anyone heard of Brie Larson. She's got a warmth and sense of humour that would have lifted CM or at least made the main character not be the most stiff.

18. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Ew, nah. I'd prefer JLaw not join the mcu. And definitely not sue storm. Maybe she could be an alien or something. She's too synonymous with Fox's xmen. For similar reasons ryan Reynolds shouldn't join the mcu as anyone but deadpool.

19. jolldan Registered

Yeah I don't really want to see Lawrence take up a big female role in the MCU, nothing against her personally just feel like she's in a awful lot of films lately.

Since Katheryn Winnick wasn't really mentioned for Captain Marvel I'd like to see her get a crack at Sue Storm.

Batmannerism likes this.
  20. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

Agreed. Carano had the problem of only getting to fight Colossus, which wasn't a fight set up so she could display that much of her legit fighting skills.

21. Patchwork Man Registered

The Boris & Natasha deal is overblown. Ludendorff's laugh after tossing the worthless gas mask into the room is something born of malice. It's not meant to be a "funny" moment.

22. Patchwork Man Registered

Clearly, Sue Storm should be played by Emily Blunt.

23. Batmannerism Super-unknown

Kath Winnick is awesome - you would need a role that features her real life martial arts skills though. I don't see Sue Storm as a deadly hand to hand fighter, she's more about using her powers cleverly.

24. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

No thanks

Speed Force and Dark Raven like this.
  25. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Nope. Not clearly at all.

Speed Force and Marvel united like this.