Gal Gadot is in talks to join the Justin Kurzel-directed Ruin

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/895037-gal-gadot-in-talks-for-justin-kurzels-ruin

Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) is in talks to join the Justin Kurzel-directed film Ruin, according to Deadline. The production would reportedly begin early next year, allowing Gadot to shoot Wonder Woman 2, directed by Patty Jenkins, next summer.

Ruin is written by Matthew and Ryan Firpo. The film is reportedly a revenge thriller described as follows: “A nameless ex-Nazi captain navigates the ruins of post-WWII Germany. Determined to atone for his crimes during the war, he hunts down the surviving members of his former SS Death Squad.”

Interested to see what Gal's role would be in this story. :hmm

Oh, this could be interesting. Loved Kurzel’s Macbeth but Assassin’s Creed reception (haven’t seen it) kind of dampened the hype. I hope he lives up to the former’s promise.

That sounds like a really interesting story actually. I've often wondered what it would be like just after the war. Obviously we know what happened politically and historically but I mean, how would you go back home after your neighbours voted for you to go into a concentration camp?

Obviously this isn't that exact story but it's an interesting angle still

I think a lot here will shed tears if she's playing who I think she is because the character is... bald (her hair was shaven at the refugee camp). :funny:

I think a lot here will shed tears if she's playing who I think she is because the character is... bald (her hair was shaven at the refugee camp). :funny:

They can digitally remove Henry's moustache, they can do the same with Gal's hair.

They can digitally remove Henry's moustache, they can do the same with Gal's hair.

Of course. I'm not saying she will do it for real. Not unless she wants DC/WB to sue her. :funny: They don't even have to go digital removal. A bald cap will do just fine. I'm just saying that her character will be bald in the movie. ;)

Last edited:

Bald caps are cheap!

Of course. I'm not saying she will do it for real. Not unless she wants DC/WB to sue her. :funny: They don't even have to go digital removal. A bald cap will do just fine. I'm just saying that her character will be bald in the movie. ;)
I meant to say that in whiny, tears of denial flowing, dont-they-dare fanboy fashion.

Not an actual rebuke or anything.

Have you read the script Kvz or is this based on a book?

I meant to say that in whiny, tears of denial flowing, dont-they-dare fanboy fashion.

Not an actual rebuke or anything.

Oh, got it. :up: :)

Have you read the script Kvz or is this based on a book?

I'm reading the script right now. :ninja: So far, so good. Gal's part is a big supporting part. Almost co-lead.

I just got the script and if anyone can make me get rid of this bald hatred...It is her.

Aha! :D So why is the character bald?

It's post WWII and she was at the refugee camp where they were shaving off the hair of the women.

Her part is really strong and has a number of dramatic moments. Her name is 'Elsa' and she's basically with the lead ('the Captain') for about 80% of the movie. The script is pretty heavy and dark with lots of action/killing and gore.

I just got the script and if anyone can make me get rid of this bald hatred...It is her.

:funny:

https://thegww.com/gal-gadot-nazi-hunter-thriller-ruin-eyes-november-start-penned-by-eternals-screenwriters/

Back in October, Deadline revealed that Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot was in talks to lead director Justin Kurzel‘s Nazi hunter thriller titled Ruin. And we now have a bit of a production update to share. Omega Underground has learned Ruin is now expected to begin rolling cameras sometime in November. The start does seem workable with Gal’s schedule as she is expected to finish filming Wonder Woman 1984 sometime in the fall and her action film Red Notice co-starring with Dwayne Johnson won’t begin filming until April.

I think a lot here will shed tears if she's playing who I think she is because the character is... bald

What the heck??
200.gif
Jq6XwnVI_o.gif

Did they perhaps retool the script so that Gal is the lead in this, rather than a male actor?

It seems that Margot Robbie has replaced Gal. I'm reading that her scheduling with that Rock movie she is doing next year got in the way. It might also cause her to drop out of that Bradley Cooper movie written by Max Landis.

Margot Robbie And Matthias Schoenaerts To Star In Ruin
hTuQngG.jpg

Assassin's Creed director Justin Kurzel hasn't made a film for a couple of years, but he's spent some of that time trying to put the pieces together for post-World War II thriller Ruin. It appears he's finally got two key elements locked in, as Margot Robbie and Matthias Schoenaertsare on to star.
Ryan and Matt Firpo wrote the script, and Kurzel jumped aboard to direct in April last year. The story follows a holocaust survivor looking to get revenge on the troops who killed her family, who builds an unlikely alliance with a former Nazi captain. Together, they anonymously travel the ruins of post-World War II Germany as he seeks to atone for his crimes by hunting down the members of the SS Death Squad that once worked under him.

At one point, Kurzel had Gal Gadot circling the lead, but it appears that scheduling has taken her out of contention. The cameras will roll on this one next spring in Prague.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"