Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also had a hooded cloak in some promo and concept art, right?

Yeah, but much different one:

33ys4r7.jpg

This one (from WW solo) looks more casual and thicker, like a winter wear. I'd bet it's not even from Themyscira, but something she obtained in our part of the world to hide the costume and possibly keep herself warm (though being a demi-god, I'm not sure whether this is needed).

This is a very nice photo by Enos.

I noticed the Big Ben early on. also, it seems as if she was supposed to be on a side street (just outside Westminster Abbey? The Cabinet War Rooms?) on a foggy day. It hard to judge the distance in this photo.

Didn't even notice Big Ben there. :funny:

Me neither. I was distracted by Gal's beauty that everything else around her paled into insignificance. :o

And we need this pic on a new page:

CUUgdd8VEAAbmc8.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely not her hair in the front, but part of that cloak's fabric. Her hair is not supposed to be that long in front anyway.

It kind of looks like Rogue's cloak from X-Men 1.

Heh, yeah, kind of.

Please Lindy Hemming, don't **** this up.

As well. :woot:

Press release

BURBANK, Calif.— Principal photography is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Wonder Woman feature film, the highly anticipated action adventure from director Patty Jenkins (“Monster,” AMC’s “The Killing”), starring Gal Gadot (the “Fast & Furious” movies) in the role of Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. The character will make her big screen debut this spring in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” but the new film will mark her first time headlining a feature.

The film also stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films) as Captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” Netflix’s “House of Cards”), Danny Huston (“Clash of the Titans,” “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”), David Thewlis (the “Harry Potter” films, “The Theory of Everything”), Ewen Bremner (“Exodus: Gods and Kings,” “Snowpiercer”), Saïd Taghmaoui (“American Hustle”), Elena Anaya (“The Skin I Live In”) and Lucy Davis (“Shaun of the Dead”).

The film is being produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers.

Joining Jenkins behind the camera are director of photography Matthew Jensen (“Chronicle,” “Fantastic Four,” HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), Oscar-nominated production designer Aline Bonetto (“Amélie,” “A Very Long Engagement,” “Pan”), and Oscar-winning editor Martin Walsh (“Chicago,” “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,” “V for Vendetta”), and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Topsy-Turvy”).

Principal photography will take place on location in the UK, France and Italy.

Set to open in 2017, the Wonder Woman feature film is based on characters created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

CUUgdd8VEAAbmc8.jpg

Gal looks like she could play an Egyptian Queen one day like Cleopatra.

But she also looks like she could star in a Biblical movie too. That cloak looks like something these old school Biblical movies like Ben Hur, for which she was initially up for a part in the remake.

Press release

BURBANK, Calif.— Principal photography is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Wonder Woman feature film, the highly anticipated action adventure from director Patty Jenkins (“Monster,” AMC’s “The Killing”), starring Gal Gadot (the “Fast & Furious” movies) in the role of Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. The character will make her big screen debut this spring in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” but the new film will mark her first time headlining a feature.

The film also stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films) as Captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” Netflix’s “House of Cards”), Danny Huston (“Clash of the Titans,” “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”), David Thewlis (the “Harry Potter” films, “The Theory of Everything”), Ewen Bremner (“Exodus: Gods and Kings,” “Snowpiercer”), Saïd Taghmaoui (“American Hustle”), Elena Anaya (“The Skin I Live In”) and Lucy Davis (“Shaun of the Dead”).

The film is being produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers.

Joining Jenkins behind the camera are director of photography Matthew Jensen (“Chronicle,” “Fantastic Four,” HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), Oscar-nominated production designer Aline Bonetto (“Amélie,” “A Very Long Engagement,” “Pan”), and Oscar-winning editor Martin Walsh (“Chicago,” “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,” “V for Vendetta”), and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Topsy-Turvy”).

Principal photography will take place on location in the UK, France and Italy.

Set to open in 2017, the Wonder Woman feature film is based on characters created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Thanks for posting (or reposting). :up::up:

Love the first image, regal and enigmatic. :up:

Love the photo. Looking forward to this movie, second to BvS.

She wouldn't look out of place in Fassy's Assassins Creed film. Heh.

Love the new image. Im so happy to see the cloak, loved it in the concept art. Gorgeous!

I love the new image. Gal shows the more ethereal and regal side of Wonder Woman here, as opposed to the tough and bad-ass side we're seeing in BVS.

(insert Cavill Sith robe picture here)

I love the new image. Gal shows the more ethereal and regal side of Wonder Woman here, as opposed to the tough and bad-ass side we're seeing in BVS.

That is what is so wonderful about her. She can exhibit both sides just in her face, whereas some actresses only seem to be able to exhibit the tougher warrior side - I'm thinking of Adrianne Palicki.

How can I find a nice way to phrase this.

Um Palicki's issue is that she looks too modern and kinda b-wordy. I've never seen Wonder Woman as either of those things. Diana should be a timeless striking woman, not aggressively modern.

Beautiful first photo. Truly. Not what I was expecting at all...and that's another reason to love it. It doesn't scream WW at first, yet it is most def her. I can't wait to see this iconic character reinterpreted for the 21st Century on a huge IMAX screen.

Oh, and the cast! Amazing, I've enjoyed almost all their work in one film or another. I never considered Robin Wright for Hippolyta but if that's who she's playing? Well done, Ms. Jenkins.

Thank you WB! (finally)

I like how there's a lot hidden in that first production still. We don't get a good glimpse at the costume or the setting; it has an air of mystery around it that is appropriate.

Primal Yaaaaaaaaaaaas

The bracelets look the same as the BvS ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"