Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
0K guys, please stop. We don't hafta attack everyone who has a different opinion.

Love Gal in the role. She brings a different presence to the role than others would have. Her tall stature grabs your attention and her ability to turn on and off the intensity plays well with the Wonder Woman character. That and her uncanny soft nature of a humble human being makes Gal the right choice, even if she wasn't everyone's first or second choice. I can see why divisions in the studio were pulling for her. She got the part on her own. Not by "type-cast."

gal-gadot-reveals-wonder-woman-s-sexuality-is-part-of-her-power-807963.gif

The acting complaint came up when she was cast. She doesn't have much of a track record, so people assumed she couldn't act.

It's like people actually thought that after screentesting, Snyder/WB were going to cast someone who can't act at all and doesn't embody the character to carry an entire tentpole film and then help carry one of their biggest films/franchises of all time in Justice League. She doesn't have to be the best actress ever for this role...she has to embody Wonder Woman and make the experience believeable. So far, she does and has. She also seems to have the perfect blend of personality traits for this character. She has a vulnerability that is just fantastic. And her physical acting is exceptional. She's using body language to great effect. She's really selling the warrior badass portions of the role.

I think some of the acting complaints about her acting have to do maybe with how people want certain lines delivered based on preconceptions about the character. They want Diana yelling the bit about "daughter of Themyscira, etc" at the villain, etc. This Wonder Woman seems to speak softly and carry a big stick. She's very matter of fact. But we've seen that she's capable of more intense emotions, in both BVS and these trailers.

Last edited:
She also seems to have the perfect blend of personality traits for this character. She has a vulnerability that is just fantastic. And her physical acting is exceptional. She's using body language to great effect. She's really selling the warrior badass portions of the role.

None of that "physical acting" really matters if her "word-speaking" is poor, which is a legitimate concern given what we've seen.

Gal Gadot is perfect for the role

Yes, she is.

It's always interesting to see the people that stop by a WW thread once a trailer gets released. They all follow the same pattern.

1) Don't usually comment here until a new trailer is released.
2) Immediately start with "Gal is wooden"
3) 99% of them spend most of their time in MCU forums.

It's like clock work.

I do think some of her lines sounded flat, but I'm positively surprised by her face acting. I'm much more willing to let few bad deliveries pass than I am to do with stone-faced performance a la Scarlett Johansson or Kristen Stewart.

I don't think any of her lines were delivered flatly or bad but it's especially hard to judge what's going on in terms of her dialogue since they are obviously chopped up. Her delivery of "its hideous" sounded perfect to me. I'll just go with what I know based off of what I've actually seen. I think some people just want her to be bad so they can keep their gag going. If it's not the movie itself, it's Gal. I don't think robin or Connie sound any different with fake accents and they sound good to me.

Still excited about this and very much looking forward to it and I did enjoy the trailer but I'd have to agree with those that have said some of Gal's lines came off as being a little stiff.

I do think some of her lines sounded flat, but I'm positively surprised by her face acting. I'm much more willing to let few bad deliveries pass than I am to do with stone-faced performance a la Scarlett Johansson or Kristen Stewart.

Scarlett is literally giving the same performance every time. Every. Single. Time.

I, personally, thought her delivery was fine, and didn't have an issue with it. I thought earlier trailers were better than the one we just got though.

A reminder to everyone.....this is NOT the YOU CAN ONLY SAY LOVING WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE thread.....this thread and site is for DISCUSSING EVERYTHING about the movie....what you see as good and what you see as bad about it.

Not everyone has the same exact OPINION about anything. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to state their OPINION. If someone has an opinion you don't share....it doesn't mean that they are personally attacking you by stating it...so DO NOT personally attack them for stating it. It is all part of having a healthy discussion on an issue.

I like Gal alot. She exudes warmth ,charm, and vunerabilty. Those are the qualities I want Diana to exude in the film. No, She's not that great an actress, but she seems to fit the this version of WW.

As someone stated earlier I think the issue is if she's a fit for this Diana for this film and universe. From what I saw in BvS , she fits the part.

I don't think its any slight to note that her acting may not be the strongest. She's relatively new to acting, and she'll get better the more roles she gets, and the more years she spends at it.

People's love of Gal seems to be the thing driving the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Just curious to know if people's opinions will change should she not do very good.

do you mean that in actual real people's opinions or the ******** that the 'critics' spew out that lazy people latch onto?

People's love of Gal seems to be the thing driving the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Just curious to know if people's opinions will change should she not do very good.
If Margot won't kill hype, the Gal will do it! :o

do you mean that in actual real people's opinions or the ******** that the 'critics' spew out that lazy people latch onto?

Last time I checked critics were real people too.

I can only speak for myself, but if after the film, I don't think she did a good job, or if I think the film isn't very good, I'm certainly gonna say it, regardless of how much I like Gadot.

I wasn't shy about how much I liked MOS and disliked BvS, so I'm not gonna sugarcoat things to please those who disagree with me.

And I shall praise her should she turn out better than what BvS and the WW trailer indicate.

She just gotta be serviceable to me. Like many other actors. bad place, I know i'm in the minority here, but I think Ruffalo is awful in the mcu.

Didn't realize I was in the Cap/Ms Marvel fancast thread...

I'm sorry that I have to tell you guys this late breaking news.....but....Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman......yes, the long wait is over....the actress that will be playing Wonder Woman has now been announced.....so you can stop the fan casting now....there is no need to continue saying who you think would make a good Wonder Woman....because Gal Gadot has been cast.

Gal did a brief French accent in Keeping up with the Joneses and it was cute. I recommend watching the whole movie to see that she actually has inflections when she speaks. Even though you can hear it in BvS or the other movies she's been in.

[sarcasm] Look at completely wooden acting here, no ability to show any emotions !![/sarcasm]

:o

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_36.jpg

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_43.jpg

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_53.jpg

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_66.jpg

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_74.jpg

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_85.jpg

wonder_woman_trailer_3_hd_screencaps_86.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back